Domain Empire

Flippa listing sold - The buyer doesn't want to share GD account number

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johsnow

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I have sold a domain on Flippa, the buyer has paid and the money is in the escrow.

The problem is the buyer doesn`t want to give me his GD account number, only email adders.

How should I proceed?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All you need is his email... What's the problem?

•••
Why do you need it. I accept transfers in all the time and never provide the account number. User name & email is enough.

•••
What about contact details? Do I need to enter that myself?

•••

No. Either leave it alone and let them change it or pull the information from their account.

•••
You can choose "Use details from specified customer account"

•••
•••
Make sure they update the Whois details with their details. Godaddy push sometimes doesn't update the Whois info.

•••
•••
My name is a typo... :)

I am having a lot of problems with this buyer.

He provided the acc number, but is seems the account number and email do not match.

When I try to push the domain I am getting an error: "Invalid ID".

He insists everything is OK...

•••
My name is a typo... :)

I am having a lot of problems with this buyer.

He provided the acc number, but is seems the account number and email do not match.

When I try to push the domain I am getting an error: "Invalid ID".

He insists everything is OK...
This happened to me before. The problem was because the buyer did not give me his correct email that is linked to his GoDaddy account.

•••
Maybe he is giving you the email from his "contact information" which is what appears when he does a whois lookup on his domain. However, the main email associated with his account is different, and that's the one he needs to provide you with.

•••
I had something similar with a buyer just this week. What I typically do when this happens is take the email addy provided and type it into whoisology to gain the buyer's whois info needed to enable a manual name push. Simple, quick, and effective. They can do with it what they will once the name is accepted, but you at least get it pushed to them with their provided email, so as to complete the transaction. Best of luck.

•••
The issue was with the email adders. The buyer sent me an another email adders and I successfully initiated the push...

I was a little scared to push the domain without changing the whois

The buyer thought the problem was with the account number and contacted GD about it. Only when I told him to make sure and confirm the email he sent me the right address.

Thank you all for your help, a lot of useful advice I will try if this happens the next time... :)

•••
Happy to read it all worked out. Hopefully your next one is smooth and problem free.

Congrats on the sale...

•••
•••
it can also happen due to, buyer godaddy account created is new and email address is not yet validated.

•••
You can always create them an account and push the domain there next time.

•••
I was a little scared to push the domain without changing the whois

Similar situation happened to me selling on here. I just let them change the whois when they received it. Does it matter if the whois isn't changed? Is it a problem? Technically, if someone didn't want their information on the whois, they can change it to anything, even back to your info. Is changing the whois a big concern because that's who the lawsuits get sent to?

•••
If the buyer doesn`t change the whois record the escrow company won`t release the funds... :)

•••
Ok so if I'm not using escrow, then I don't have to worry then.

•••
Glad u sorted it out! Now u know what to do next time. Nothing like experience

•••
Thanks! You are absolutely right, there is nothing like experience.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back