IT.COM

question Flippa requires my credit card as a seller

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I contacted support and they told me that to make a bid over $200 I need to setup my credit card

I explained that I'm not making a bid but I'm countering an offer as a seller and, since I only use paypal to receive payments, I don't understand why I should use my credit card

This exchange of mails happened around 12hrs ago and, while I wait for an answer to my last explanation,
could someone that uses flippa explain why is that needed?

buyer still waits for an answer, otherwise I'd be way more patient with this

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They use the credit card to verify your identity. They won't charge you, they just authorize about $5 that is immediately credited back.

•••
In instituting our new Bidder Verification program, I believe there was an issue with sellers being asked to verify as well; this since should have been resolved.

•••
Thanks for answering

You mentioned it should have been resolved... meaning, should I have gotten an answer to this?
because, since I mentioned to your support that I'm the seller and I shouldn't have to verify, I haven't gotten an answer

I suppose this is due to the weekend though

•••
Thanks for answering

You mentioned it should have been resolved... meaning, should I have gotten an answer to this?
because, since I mentioned to your support that I'm the seller and I shouldn't have to verify, I haven't gotten an answer

I suppose this is due to the weekend though

You should receive an answer by tomorrow; please keep me posted.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back