IT.COM

Former OpenAI Exec SLAMS Domain Industry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does Namepros have security measures against bots like ChatGPT? Sometimes when I go chk it I see my words in his replies, just like a grabber of parrot.

•••
I thought "slamming someone" meant something more than just briefly whining about something ridiculous that obviously is not going to change.

You might want to read ALL of his replies in the Twitter thread. It was hardly a "brief" 1-post exchange and he jumped in there feet-first with the rest of the nitwits.

Last edited:
•••
•••
In terms of real estate:

Somebody owns a home and you occupy without their permission is Squatting

You bought or mortgage your home and stay in it, it's Primary Home (investment)

You own a home and rent it, Investment property (investment + passive income)

Digital real estate, domains:

Somebody owns a trademark and you have a domain/website to infringing on their rights, misleading visitors, etc., it's Domain Squatting (a legal term)
(the details of who registered first, what's their intention, timing, etc., are used to validate this claim)

You registered / bought, consistently renew & either host website, park or don't even do anything for future use, it's Domain Investment (trader, flipper, etc.. are further classification of how they do business with that domain)

IMHO

•••
On the other hand, I hate to see a good domain name wasted on a bad idea or execution.
agree however it's not ours to decide, its the owners to decide.

we can negotiate / convince owner for a price to sell in that case

Last edited:
•••
He's not wrong though. We are glorified domain squatters.

•••
I agree, it's motivated by a naive ideology.
I wouldn't call it naive either. Most people are against speculators, and not only in domaining.

A great .ai domain for $30k?

You'll be lucky to get one for that price......

That seems to be the asking rate for good 2 word .ai domains

Great one word domains are starting in the xxx,xxx range
What are you talking about? There are plenty of great .ai domains for under $30,000.

1710236483214.png

Oh he's definitely pissed-off about a specific domain alright. He didn't just pull that $30k out of the air. If he has identified an AI domain for a development project we know it's going to be a good un
What's with this antagonistic attitude? He could well have voiced the qualms of one of his friends, and even if not it's perfectly fine to complain about prices.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back