news From $4,000 offer to a $50,000 sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hello everyone!

It was in July 2020 when I received an offer of $4,000 on BridgeMoney.com (acquired the domain in partnership with Jamie Zoch) which was then revised to $5,750 as the best and final offer. At that time the BIN was $12,888. I declined. A month later the buyer came up with $9,000. Again the offer was declined.

Fast forward to 1st April 2022, the buyer came up with $20,000 (with BIN at $50,000 this time). I said that I’ll be accepting very close to the BIN. The buyer came up to $26,000 and said it’s their max budget. Again their offer was politely declined. I gave a deadline during which the buyer didn’t make a reasonable offer to be accepted.

Then on 27th May 2022, Afternic broker was able to bring the buyer up to $41,000 but because I’ve revised the BIN to $100,000, I said to give them $50,000 as floor price and provide them with a 10 days deadline for accepting the offer. Otherwise I won’t be selling even at this price in the future.

And today I got the good news that the domain is sold for $50,000!

Many congrats and thanks to my Afternic rep, the broker and my long time friend and partner Jamie Zoch! :xf.love:

Feel free to give any feedback no matter how good or good it is :xf.wink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Congratulations!
Dude you've got some crazy negotiation skills 👌

•••
Makes me excited to read this one bump for money keyword.

•••
•••
As the buyer I would have also taken the MoneyBridge Domain – sounds better in my opinion. Congratulation on the sale!
Thanks for the wishes and feedback. Appreciate that.

Also thanks each and everyone for your comments and feedback. (y) :xf.love:

•••
@william Your right "Most" people wouldn't, because most people not well versed in "DeFi" or Crypto for that matter.

"Bridge" is a Huge term in these 2 niches which work conjointly.

@Brandmore I see your point, but in this order 1bridge>2Money it's doing exactly what the term means to do, it is a call to action brandable of a term put to use.

Bridges - or a "Bridge" in web3/DeFi/Crypto lingo are are tools that allow the creation of synthetic derivatives that represent an asset from another blockchain tool.

Many platforms utilize bridges, all to cross the $cash/Digtal$ over from one chain to another.

Anyone invested in NFT's Crypto or working in blockchain knows and understand this to- Bridge- Money- is just that.

It's a GREAT name for the space, and he got a great price, I too would have aimed for this figure.

Congrats @AbdulBasit.com

Thanks and that's wonderfully explained (y) :happy:

•••
•••
Hello everyone!

It was in July 2020 when I received an offer of $4,000 on BridgeMoney.com (acquired the domain in partnership with Jamie Zoch) which was then revised to $5,750 as the best and final offer. At that time the BIN was $12,888. I declined. A month later the buyer came up with $9,000. Again the offer was declined.

Fast forward to 1st April 2022, the buyer came up with $20,000 (with BIN at $50,000 this time). I said that I’ll be accepting very close to the BIN. The buyer came up to $26,000 and said it’s their max budget. Again their offer was politely declined. I gave a deadline during which the buyer didn’t make a reasonable offer to be accepted.

Then on 27th May 2022, Afternic broker was able to bring the buyer up to $41,000 but because I’ve revised the BIN to $100,000, I said to give them $50,000 as floor price and provide them with a 10 days deadline for accepting the offer. Otherwise I won’t be selling even at this price in the future.

And today I got the good news that the domain is sold for $50,000!

Many congrats and thanks to my Afternic rep, the broker and my long time friend and partner Jamie Zoch! :xf.love:

Feel free to give any feedback no matter how good or good it is :xf.wink:
Congratulations

•••
Congrats on the sale

Last edited:
•••
What a great and inspiring sale, @AbdulBasit.com! Congratulations on the negotiation and sale! And to your partner, Jamie Zoch. Thanks for sharing the news here.
Bob

•••
Wow, another whopping amount to get from a nice two word dot com, long may it continue. Congrats on being so tough on the floor price, you did it once again. Thank you for sharing the insights also @AbdulBasit.com 👏

•••
Congratulations Abdul Basit, and thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!

•••
•••
Out of a sense of curiousity, these are the valuation tools as of today:

GoDaddy estimated value $3840
Estibot $1500
Nameworth $2450

Aren't you glad you didn't use the automated online estimators to establish the selling price?! :unsure:

Last edited:
•••
Congrats. Can you choose your AN agent?
So JZ helped you to buy it, and then to sell it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back