IT.COM

Getting my domain back part etc.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Getting my domani back part etc.

Okay, There is this .us domain that is mine. Someone bought it for me and the who-is info has ALWAYS been in my name and never changed, but the person whos accoutn its in has literally dissapeared from the net. So now Im trying to find out how to get my domain back. I keep trying to request a transfer, but it wont go through since enom has this "locking" thing I think which is really annoying. Is there a way that if I provide proof that the domain is in my name and has always been that I can get it transferred into my enom account?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you can either SNAP it, and wait until it expires.

Check the expiration dates in the who is continiously.

•••
•••
dang, not much for you to do until 2-3 years D-:

•••
i think it is quite simple ?

telephone enom explain it is your domain , u forgot code, password, or alternatively, someone stole it from you and locked it.
fax your passport, driver license , proof of address etc, if they match the registration details, by law (maybe) they must give it to you

i cant see them refusing if they have the above details and they match the whois data. they can also send notice to the address listed on whois. it will go to your house, not the other guys,. if you can fax them this info they sent, it again proves it is yours.

•••
If you're listed as the administrative contact, GoDaddy will be able to help you get control of the domain. Hopefully it has your e-mail address listed on the domain record, so they can verify it.

They're support takes awhile though, so be patient.

•••
"If you're listed as the administrative contact, GoDaddy will be able to help you get control of the domain. Hopefully it has your e-mail address listed on the domain record, so they can verify it.

They're support takes awhile though, so be patient."

I am, so basically I should contact Godaddy explaining I would like to transfer my domain from enom to godaddy?

•••
who registered it for you?

•••
Problem is. if they have the auto reg on. Everytime it expires, it re-registers it for that person!

•••
Man this just sucks. Theres gotta be a qay for you to get it back.

•••
yah, and whats worse is its an EXCELLENT domain $100+ appraisals but biggest of all I had an active website there and everything lol.

•••
:( email enom and explain the situation. and ask about it

•••
K, I have obtained the Authorization code which is a good step. I plan on initiating the transfer later today, also is there a reason in particular I should use Godaddy rather then say namecheap?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back