NameSilo

GlobalWarming and Alternative Energy Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello All,

I was recently told by one of the members here that some of my globalwarming names were too scary and no one would put money into names like that. The names he was referring to was GlobalwarmingDomain and GreenhouseDomains but I have many more much "scarier" than them.

I have names like GlobalwarmingDisaster, GlobalwarmingTax, WarmingDisaster,
WarmingWarning, and a lot of alternative energy domains.

My question is, does anyone else think think these names are scary? Does anyone here besides me invest in such names? I really haven't seen many posted in here and I'm just wondering how popular they are with others.

If you have any of this type names please post them, and I would love to hear any comments you may have on the present and future potential value of names in this area.......thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Freddie said:
Global warming and Green House issues will be huge in coming years - that is if we do not all evaporate in the mean time !

Carbon Trading is just getting off the ground, businesses will flock to this to secure credits.

I have CarbonTraded.com as a punt.

cheers

freddie
I hope you make lots of $$$ but the whole thing is nothing but a scam in the historic tradition of three-card monte.

BTW P.T. was wrong. There isn't a sucker born every minute but millions born every second.

To clarify:
I am a conservationist (differing from environmentalist) who believes we should use our resources in a respectful manner. We practice what we preach as in:
Minimal use of air conditioning.
Been using the florescent light bulbs for years; not because some enviro-loon says but because they last for years.
We are using natural materials such as linoleum and bamboo flooring wiring for future use of led lighting when the technology improves.
No central air but 2 small Mitsubishi units for kitchen and office areas.
And more.
But I do recognize a pure political scam when I see one. I see Green names a better play than the Carbon

JMO-YAHR

Last edited:
•••
I have Ethanol.pro, the extension isn't popular, but ethanol sure is. We'll have to wait and see on this one.

•••
hark said:
I hope you make lots of $$$ but the whole thing is nothing but a scam in the historic tradition of three-card monte.

BTW P.T. was wrong. There isn't a sucker born every minute but millions born every second.

To clarify:
I am a conservationist (differing from environmentalist) who believes we should use our resources in a respectful manner. We practice what we preach as in:
Minimal use of air conditioning.
Been using the florescent light bulbs for years; not because some enviro-loon says but because they last for years.
We are using natural materials such as linoleum and bamboo flooring wiring for future use of led lighting when the technology improves.
No central air but 2 small Mitsubishi units for kitchen and office areas.
And more.
But I do recognize a pure political scam when I see one. I see Green names a better play than the Carbon

JMO-YAHR

Sounds like you don't want to believe in global warming but you do...lol

Be carefully using that "conservationist" term because before long they'll start calling you a 'liberal'....especially if they find out you're actually doing those things to help save our environment.

Thanks for helping....us global warming believers need all the help we can get.

•••
nstalk said:
Sounds like you don't want to believe in global warming but you do...lol

Be carefully using that "conservationist" term because before long they'll start calling you a 'liberal'....especially if they find out you're actually doing those things to help save our environment.

Thanks for helping....us global warming believers need all the help we can get.
I don't remember ever saying that global warming (as well as cooling) is not a fact. It is indeed the natural order and has much more to do with cycles of sun activity than anything man has done.

It is very important to understand the difference between being a conservationist and the loony whacked out environmentalist/greenies.

Our new home is about 10 miles from a newly built wind farm and they are starting work on another about 10 miles the other way. We will be able to see them from the front porch. I think they are beautiful in a techno sort of way and love the idea that part of our electricity will be provided by them. I also believe we should be building Nuke and geothermal power plants.

Compare my comments regarding wind power to the comments of that id**t Kennedy regarding the proposed wind farm off the MA coast. Sounds like he has a NIMBY complex along with a bad case of my s*** doesn't stink attitude to me.

If you think these comments sound strange coming from a proud secular conservative then you have absolutely no understanding what true conservatism is.

I know this is not about domains and for that I apologize to -RJ- for going off topic but sometimes it becomes necessary to defend your beliefs. I tried to keep it short.

Last edited:
•••
hark...no need to defend your beliefs to me because I respect them. It was not my intent to offend you.

I don't consider myself as a "loony whacked out environmentalist/greenie", I am a conservationist just as you are but I do believe in man-made global warming. I think its a serious problem that needs to addressed as soon as possible.

I think we both care for our planet and we can agree on that.

•••
nstalk said:
hark...no need to defend your beliefs to me because I respect them. It was not my intent to offend you.

I don't consider myself as a "loony whacked out environmentalist/greenie", I am a conservationist just as you are but I do believe in man-made global warming. I think its a serious problem that needs to addressed as soon as possible.

I think we both care for our planet and we can agree on that.
No problem. The use of loony is reference to the very 'out there' extremist elements just as my references to wight wing nut cases refer to the far right kooks.

When I look at climatic changes over the long term and see there have been far warmer and far colder periods it becomes clear to me that we are in a more or less normal period with respect to global temperatures.

BTW the planet earth will still be here long after the human animal has become extinct.

Back to domains -- wish I had been quick enough to stash a few green names.

Last edited:
•••
I have these:

StopGlobalClimateChange.com
StopGlobalClimateChange.info
:)

•••
I have FuelReport.com ... not truly "alternative", but related to "global warming" (and global cooling too, if that again should becomes a prevailing theory like back in the 1970s) in the aspect that people are seeking information on fuel choices and their corresponding costs; fuel price comparison.

Ron

•••
My kids helped me with this one;

green wedges com

Thought it would be ok as we have a planning regime encouraging green wedges between urban development - shock horror - more references to golf club wedges -

Golf - waste of a good walk

freddie

•••
I have only a few solar energy names, but I think there is a huge growth potential in all energy alternatives like wind, hydrogen, ethanol and solar. I'll try to get some more of these domains.

•••
I have collected a few:

BioEthanols.net
EarthinCrisis.info
EcoPolitical.com
EcoHopper.com
EcoPreservation.com
GeoThermalEnterprise.com
HybridPowerSystem.net & .info
HybridPowerSystems.info

•••
Managed to pick up

emission values com

Is this promising ? Estibot seems to think so

•••
I have a few but most are for planet conscious shoppers:
CleanGreenShop.com
PlanetFriendly.info
Green-Center.info
Clean-Green.info
Green-Shopper.info

•••
For whatever its worth....here is my advice when registering new global warming and alternative energy names.

Don't register anything but dotcoms unless its a real good short name.

Never register a hyphen name unless its super great short one.

Look for names like 'green', 'clean', or other descriptive names like 'emissions, Co2, H2 (hydrogen), solar or wind power', names that are in the news daily.

Also look to combine common used initials like GW, GH, and GHG with words for short names.

•••
nstalk said:
For whatever its worth....here is my advice when registering new global warming and alternative energy names.

Don't register anything but dotcoms unless its a real good short name.

Never register a hyphen name unless its super great short one.

Look for names like 'green', 'clean', or other descriptive names like 'emissions, Co2, H2 (hydrogen), solar or wind power', names that are in the news daily.

Also look to combine common used initials like GW, GH, and GHG with words for short names.

Hmmm, I would tend to disagree with the first two-strongly. Don't get too crazy on the regging though, make sure it's not a sputtering tld (even if it is, these keywords are so very strong, it may still be worthwhile to grab regardless). And hyphens are no longer the sum of all evil (see other thread regarding the use of hyphens).

•••
I regged SwitchFuel.com yesterday. Switch Fuel! Go Green now and use alternative energy! :)

•••
gazzip said:
Carbon Trading is a Joke, a con and based on numbers that nobody can agree on !

...but I do have a few eco names stashed away :tu:

i have CarbonCharter.com & ClimateImprovement.com and few others... lets see if it attracts anyone...

V

•••
Some people don't think carbon trading will ever be a good way of capping GHG mainly because its hard to understand the details of it.

Here's an interactive game showing how the carbon cap and trade system works...very educational. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18288820/

•••
nstalk said:
Some people don't think carbon trading will ever be a good way of capping GHG mainly because its hard to understand the details of it.

Here's an interactive game showing how the carbon cap and trade system works...very educational. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18288820/

Nice one bud!!

It's true though, carbon trade is a big game... London is the world's largest carbon trading exchange. I'm not sure of other parts of the world, i recon anyone from the UK & the US will have the ring side seat of the world ecnomy- on the same token we know first what's the next big thing...geographic advantage i guess.

I'm counting on medical, global warming(climate change) & energy names.... see what happened after katrina... disaster insurance names been selling off like hot pancake.

2p

V

•••
designerbiofuels.com has just been sold for $1500 on sedo

•••
Green-Power.com went for just $ 314 at snap a couple of months ago :'(

very nice looking parking page too, that should do nicely !

•••
BuyandSwap said:
designerbiofuels.com has just been sold for $1500 on sedo

Now that really blows my mind! Thanks for posting.

Great news for me but still hard to believe! I just hope its widely publicized....I've been waiting and hoping to start seeing some sales in this area.

•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
Here are some recent sales and selling prices I've found in the globalwarming, green, or alternative energy area. If you know of any others please post them.
Thanks

ALTERNATIVEENERGY.ORG……..$5,890
ENERGYMARKET.NET…………..$1,224
POWERMARKET.NET……………$1,588
GREENFILTER.NET……………….$1,100
ENERGYPLANNING.COM………..$2,188

DESIGNERBIOFUELS.COM……….$1500
ENERGYNOW.COM…………………..$5,556.00

Last edited:
•••
Greenhouse, not a energy word

Greenhouse.com is for the huge plant growing business and has nothing to do with the green energy.

The name would have been bought for that huge sum to use in the greenhouse business. For instance the buyer of greenhouse.com is probably in the businesss of selling greenhouses.

I don't think it belongs in this post about energy. I am a commercial greenhouse grower and I am not a big fan of the world using the term greenhouse gas, it really is a misuse for the word as the millions of square feet of greenhouse space is really more of a help to us and the enviroment than a detriment.

We get billions of plants from greenhouse growers, from tomato plants to potted flowers. Plus groceries found in your local store such as fresh vegetables are grown today in modern greenhouses.

Greenhouses produce little or no pollution. The term greenhouse gases is used only to make a point that carbon gases are getting concentrated in atmosphere, like found in a greenhouse.

I post this so others don't run out and register greenhouse names, thinking they have anything to do with the earth warming.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back