Dynadot

GlobalWarming and Alternative Energy Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello All,

I was recently told by one of the members here that some of my globalwarming names were too scary and no one would put money into names like that. The names he was referring to was GlobalwarmingDomain and GreenhouseDomains but I have many more much "scarier" than them.

I have names like GlobalwarmingDisaster, GlobalwarmingTax, WarmingDisaster,
WarmingWarning, and a lot of alternative energy domains.

My question is, does anyone else think think these names are scary? Does anyone here besides me invest in such names? I really haven't seen many posted in here and I'm just wondering how popular they are with others.

If you have any of this type names please post them, and I would love to hear any comments you may have on the present and future potential value of names in this area.......thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Greens the way to go...once companies and the country really catches on you could have a name like "globalwarmingmurder" and you'd have made a good investment.

•••
I have "greenhouse repair".com
With the concept of hobby greenhouses gaining momentum i felt that greenhouse repair would be of value, hence i invested in it.

•••
I only have two and there probably worth squat but reg'd them after I seen an article on it.

citrusgas.com
juicegas.com

LOL who knows. I like to think of all this domaining as low risk/high gain :)

•••
removed

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your comments guys. I really believe we will have a whole industry built around this globalwarming thing before long. The kickoff will be when companies start paying for globalwarming ppc keywords. If you notice we're already seeing more and more green advertising on TV and elsewhere.

Now is the time to position ourselves with some good names. I believe its a good investment for the future. I'd like to hear from some others on this subject....thanks

•••
I have a couple:

carbonoffsetflight.com
saveplants.com

Hope to resell at a profit or develop one day. Will see what happens.

•••
I have these for sale:

AlternativeEnergy.org.in
GlobalWarming.org.in

•••
I have some alternative energy, global warming domains, but they are developed, difficult to get traffic

•••
saveplants.com

lol I Like that.

I do believe that the global warming domains will become valuable. Just give it a few years.

•••
nstalk said:
... I have names like GlobalwarmingDisaster, GlobalwarmingTax, WarmingDisaster,
WarmingWarning, and a lot of alternative energy domains.

My question is, does anyone else think think these names are scary? Does anyone here besides me invest in such names?
What's scary is how easily the public can be duped into falling for another feel-good reason to let government take even more of our hard-earned money - just to throw it at a problem that allows politicians to puff their chests out all the while never guaranteeing that anything real and measurable ever gets accomplished.

If the internet was around in the 1970's, would you have been regging names like coolingdisaster and globalcoolingtax ??? Who knows, maybe those will be good for the next global temperature trend???

•••
acc said:
What's scary is how easily the public can be duped into falling for another feel-good reason to let government take even more of our hard-earned money - just to throw it at a problem that allows politicians to puff their chests out all the while never guaranteeing that anything real and measurable ever gets accomplished.

If the internet was around in the 1970's, would you have been regging names like coolingdisaster and globalcoolingtax ??? Who knows, maybe those will be good for the next global temperature trend???
:bingo:

•••
Global warming and Green House issues will be huge in coming years - that is if we do not all evaporate in the mean time !

Carbon Trading is just getting off the ground, businesses will flock to this to secure credits.

I have CarbonTraded.com as a punt.

cheers

freddie

•••
Freddie said:
Carbon Trading is just getting off the ground, businesses will flock to this to secure credits.

Carbon Trading is a Joke, a con and based on numbers that nobody can agree on !

...but I do have a few eco names stashed away :tu:

•••
bit like the stock market....

wait and see

Freddie

•••
Freddie said:
wait and see

I do not doubt that carbon credits will be big business, its already happening.

Sony, British Airways and loads of other big companies are already involved.

•••
Carbon trading is a big growing business in most parts of the world. Bush is against it here in the US but he won't be in charge very much longer and I expect big changes when he's gone.

Read this...

Morgan Stanley Invests US $3 Billion in Carbon Trading

As a huge vote of confidence, investment bank Morgan Stanley said it will invest a whopping US $ 3 Billion in Carbon Trading under the Kyoto Protocol guidelines. This move by one of the world's largest investment bank moves the pace of carbon trading up by several notches and increases the current $11 Billion carbon trading market significantly. (The global carbon market was worth US$21.5 billion in the first nine months of 2006, the World Bank said in its market update on Thursday, up from about US$11 billion for all of 2005).

Read more about this story here.
http://www.planetark.org/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/38698/story.htm/

•••
I never thought of this before. In the upcoming years these domain names could be worth tons. I'll have to see if I can find a few good ones and register them.

•••
nstalk said:
Carbon trading is a big growing business in most parts of the world. Bush is against it here in the US but he won't be in charge very much longer and I expect big changes when he's gone.

Read this...

Morgan Stanley Invests US $3 Billion in Carbon Trading

As a huge vote of confidence, investment bank Morgan Stanley said it will invest a whopping US $ 3 Billion in Carbon Trading under the Kyoto Protocol guidelines. This move by one of the world's largest investment bank moves the pace of carbon trading up by several notches and increases the current $11 Billion carbon trading market significantly. (The global carbon market was worth US$21.5 billion in the first nine months of 2006, the World Bank said in its market update on Thursday, up from about US$11 billion for all of 2005).

Read more about this story here.
http://www.planetark.org/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/38698/story.htm/

Was that carbon bush or carbon brush ?

:notme:

•••
This thread inspired me to grab some "Green" domains - what do you think?

GreenHardDrive.com and GreenHardDrives.com (big story in PC World about the new "Green" Hard Drives for computers)

EmissionsMonitor.com and EmissionsMonitors.com

Last edited:
•••
I agree that green is definitely the way to go (got a few of my own). Use your imagination, and put green in the name along with a good keyword (that makes sense). Lots are gone already though, so get 'em regged now!

•••
I just read an article that said the global carbon emissions trading business is now worth over $30 billion and growing. I went looking for domains and registered these.

GlobalCarbonEmissions*com (I was really surprised to find this one because even tho its long...its exactly what they're talking about).

GlobalCarbonTrades*com (I'd rather have the singular)

GlobalGHGTrade*com (I like this one, I believe "GHG" will become a common used term for greenhousegas)

Other common use terms are.....
H2 for hydrogen (I think this term will prove most popular, especially in domain names, as we hear more and more about the hydrogen economy).
FC for fuelcells
Co2 for carbon dioxide
GW for global warming
GH for green house
KW for kilowatts (as in electric cars and fuelcells)
NEV for neighborhood electric vehicles
APU for alternative power units
E85 for ethanol (85% ethanol and 15%gasoline)
ATV for all terrain vehicle

I hope these terms help in your search for good names in this soon to be booming industry...(imho)

•••
Hey, something I can post about!

When I first started this spring, before I found Namepros, I regged

CARBONCREDITAGENTS.COM
CARBONCREDITBUY.COM
CARBONCREDITBUYERS.COM
CARBONCREDITGUILT.COM
CARBONCREDITSELL.COM
CARBONCREDITSELLERS.COM
DEFINECARBONCREDITS.COM
ECOSEDANS.COM
GREENSEDANS.COM
WHATARECARBONCREDITS.COM
WHATISACARBONCREDIT.COM

I dunno, maybe in 10 years they'll be worth something, maybe not, one or 2 probably could be developed.

•••
removed for now.

Last edited:
•••
m31ab....of yours I like these the best...
ECOSEDANS.COM
GREENSEDANS.COM

BuyandSwap.....I think these are the best...
carbongreencards.com
carbonreward.com

I've taken a big interest in the H2 (hydrogen) names lately. I think 2 letters linked to 'H2' will prove to be as valuable or more so than the 4 letter domain names in coming years. Names like H2EF (hydrogen energy fuelcells), H2FE (hydrogen fuelcell energy), H2FV (hydrogen fuel vehicle or hydrogen fuelcell vehicle) will be valuable. In fact, any 4 character dotcom name with 'H2' in it may be very valuable. Most of the good ones are taken but not all of them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back