NameSilo

GlobalWarming and Alternative Energy Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello All,

I was recently told by one of the members here that some of my globalwarming names were too scary and no one would put money into names like that. The names he was referring to was GlobalwarmingDomain and GreenhouseDomains but I have many more much "scarier" than them.

I have names like GlobalwarmingDisaster, GlobalwarmingTax, WarmingDisaster,
WarmingWarning, and a lot of alternative energy domains.

My question is, does anyone else think think these names are scary? Does anyone here besides me invest in such names? I really haven't seen many posted in here and I'm just wondering how popular they are with others.

If you have any of this type names please post them, and I would love to hear any comments you may have on the present and future potential value of names in this area.......thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GOODKARMACO....thanks for calling that to my attention.
I've removed it from the list.

•••
Couldn't help to pick up these for the enviro-friendly future

hybriddealer(s).mobi
hybridrepair.mobi
hybridsales.mobi
hybridservice.mobi

and

fuelsavings.mobi

•••
nstalk said:
If you know of any others please post them.

Here's a few I've seen in the drops at snap (all .c * m)

windturbine - $11,276.00

greenbooks - $5,001.00

healthyplanet - $15,350.00

energyworld - $5,244.00

greenrealty - $1,812.00

ecoforum - $1,300.00

solarpump - $4,700.00

energysystem - $2,600.00

solarpool - $3,022.00

earthquest - $6,900.00 - related ??

greenmark - $6,100.00 - related ???

...and a few smaller ones.

•••
i have one domain name.

EmissionsTrading.tv

EmissionsTrading is going to be really huge.

•••
ipodxpert said:
i have one domain name.

EmissionsTrading.tv

I really like the name but I don't have any tv names and know very little about them. I agree EmissionsTrading will be huge and I'm almost certain it will happen.

gazzip.....thanks for sharing those sales, I will add them to my list. When I get time I'm going through that long list at Afternic...there should be some more there.

•••
ipodxpert said:
i have one domain name.

EmissionsTrading.tv

I like that Emissions name so much I've added a few of my own...

EMISSIONSCONCEPT.COM
EMISSIONSCONCEPTS.COM
EMISSIONSDESIGN.COM
EMISSIONSJOB.COM
EMISSIONSJOBS.COM
EMISSIONSPLAN.COM
EMISSIONSPLANNER.COM
EMISSIONSPLANNING.COM
EMISSIONSPLANS.COM
EMISSIONSPROGRAM.COM
EMISSIONSPROGRAMMER.COM
EMISSIONSPROJECT.COM
EMISSIONSPROJECTS.COM

•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Nstalk,

Now if I can get Al Gore to listen to me, lol.

•••
I just picked up a few more earlier plus traded my fuel hungry v6 car for mountain bike & my lawns are mowed with a push mower now :hehe:

PlanetFriendlyCenter.com
EcoGrocery.com
EnviroCars.org
EnviroCars.info

Last edited:
•••
alternativefuels.tv (under development)

Good luck with yours!

•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
I am well pleased with my 7 year old

PoweredByHydrogen.com

•••
Last edited:
•••
FightGlobalWarming.co.uk

•••
Idiot me....I let bioemissions and bioexhaust expire accidentally, along with a couple of "hybrid" names. They may still be in the redemption period. Think they are worth $80 to get them back?

Still have
ecohikes.com
ecorecreation.com
plangreen.com
earthcool.com

and a few more.

Last edited:
•••
My $7.99 for the environment:

EnvironmentDay.org

Appraisals welcome!

•••
edit said:
Greens the way to go...once companies and the country really catches on you could have a name like "globalwarmingmurder" and you'd have made a good investment.
I would agree, Green issues are becoming more and more popular and it will only be a matter of time where their will be a very good niche for sites

-Dan

•••
goodkarmaco said:
Greenhouse.com is for the huge plant growing business and has nothing to do with the green energy.

The name would have been bought for that huge sum to use in the greenhouse business. For instance the buyer of greenhouse.com is probably in the businesss of selling greenhouses.

I don't think it belongs in this post about energy. I am a commercial greenhouse grower and I am not a big fan of the world using the term greenhouse gas, it really is a misuse for the word as the millions of square feet of greenhouse space is really more of a help to us and the enviroment than a detriment.

We get billions of plants from greenhouse growers, from tomato plants to potted flowers. Plus groceries found in your local store such as fresh vegetables are grown today in modern greenhouses.

Greenhouses produce little or no pollution. The term greenhouse gases is used only to make a point that carbon gases are getting concentrated in atmosphere, like found in a greenhouse.

I post this so others don't run out and register greenhouse names, thinking they have anything to do with the earth warming.

Greenhouse names are hugely popular not because people put them in the same category as GHG, but because plants are great for the planet. I think you just want the greenhouse names for yourself.

•••
I've been looking at this lately too. I have one that I was developing "cleanliving.com" but other than that nothing else.

•••
I have no greenhouse names. What greenhouse names are hugely (sp) popular?. I have never heard outside my business any popular greenhouse names. Go get em though if you are interested.

•••
What is your take on .org .info and .net extensions? Is it worth picking up domains with those?

•••
goodkarmaco said:
I have no greenhouse names. What greenhouse names are hugely (sp) popular?. I have never heard outside my business any popular greenhouse names. Go get em though if you are interested.

It's my understanding that greenhouse.com went for a nice amount not too long ago. I don't have the exact figures. I think that they are a wise investment, as it's been proven that growing plants, planting trees (reforestation), etc. can only be good for the planet.

I apologize for my earlier post, I reread it and it was a bit testy. I was just shocked to see someone discouraging the purchase of names such as these.

On a side-note, just picked up Reforestation.us.

Last edited:
•••
DomainMayhem.com said:
It's my understanding that greenhouse.com went for a nice amount not too long ago. I don't have the exact figures. .

Yep, it did - Greenhouse.com $500,000 Co-brokered by Sedo & Afternic/ BuyDomains 7/3/07

currently pointed to garden.com

•••
well i grabbed solarchannel.tv, i think some merit in all this

•••
evirtual1 said:
well i grabbed solarchannel.tv, i think some merit in all this

I really really like that name. Good one!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back