IT.COM

GoDaddy Backorders?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So I backordered a name and then I get an email after it expires from Godaddy saying that the domain name has been placed at tdnam and if I win the auction its mine! They put in the first bid in my name so I have the high bid now.

I didnt know they did that! :( It should have been mine immediately.

:'(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
b/o through a wwd reseller it wont go to auction

•••
Wow, glad I read this topic!

Nice tip, DropLister! rep added!

DropLister said:

•••
pool,snapname,godaddy etc. . . all take the domain to auction if there are more than one bidder . . . debatable practice but hard to find an alternative . . . the bigger problem is that you need a lot of registars to work with you to get a domain, so if its a popular domain name, chances a smaller one wont be able to get it for you . .. BUT it never hurts to try droplister, so I highly recommend them . . . just dont have your hopes up

•••
DropLister said:

+rep for the suggestion , btw would you suggest any good wwd reseller site ?

•••
Grimm said:
So I backordered a name and then I get an email after it expires from Godaddy saying that the domain name has been placed at tdnam and if I win the auction its mine! They put in the first bid in my name so I have the high bid now.

I didnt know they did that! :( It should have been mine immediately.

:'(
That is how it used to be. I have never tried the WWD suggestion, but it sounds like a great alternative if it is true.

:tu:

-Steve

•••
They caught 1177.info for me :P

•••
I have had some success, but it's not easy

I have a WWD reseller account. I always have a few names on backorder, and it is true that if you capture it, you get it.

However, the success rate has gotten pretty low. I have gotten about a half dozen names this way. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but I haven't gotten any of the big ones this way. I usually keep a few on back-order and update them every few days. I get a notification (usually that it was not successfully captured). You get to keep using the credits until you capture one - but be prepared to request quite a few before you capture one. If you are the patient type, you can supplement your list this way. Most of my expired names I have gotten through Snapnames or Pool. Snapnames has gotten really rich lately. If you do your homework and pick a good name - you will encounter some very heavy bidding.

I made the mistake a couple of times and chased the prices on snapnames. I'll be quite a while paying for those names - I don't know how they are making them pay out.

•••
Nice Tool

hitchhiker said:
pool,snapname,godaddy etc. . . all take the domain to auction if there are more than one bidder . . . debatable practice but hard to find an alternative . . . the bigger problem is that you need a lot of registars to work with you to get a domain, so if its a popular domain name, chances a smaller one wont be able to get it for you . .. BUT it never hurts to try droplister, so I highly recommend them . . . just dont have your hopes up

Hey nice tool, especially being free as well. I'm new to the site everyone and domain name investing, i've only got a few names under my belt so far but i'm a sponge for good information. Feel free to PM me with tips or just direct me to good sources either on the forum or elsewhere. Thanks.

•••
DropLister said:
rep added!!!
Didn't knew that... I've had two successful backorders through my godaddy reseller, I thought I was just lucky...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back