Dynadot

GoDaddy Creates New Page for Investors

NameSilo
Watch

Joe Styler

Aftermarket Product ManagerTop Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
GoDaddy has added a new landing page built specifically for Domain Investors.
You can get to it from the main green menu- Domain Drop Down Navigation from the main GoDaddy.com page. The bottom right side of the drop down navigation shows the link to the new Investor landing page we launched. Here is the direct link if you want to bookmark it. https://www.godaddy.com/domains/domain-investing.
The goal for this page is to create a new destination focused on our domain investor customers. We realize that the one size fits all approach is not the best user experience for customers who invest in domain names and use the site and tools we offer differently from a business that owns only a few names. What we are attempting to do on this page is to bring all the most used tools into one spot for investors. You can see links to many of the tools and products we have for the investor right on the top navigation for this page which should make it easier and faster for investors to navigate to the tools they use most each day. This way you don't have to jump to various spots on the site to do the things you use the most every day. There is an easy link to manage your domains, which brings you to the domain control center, a link to the auctions account, a bulk search, transfer, and a WHOIS link. This makes the most used services easy to get to for an investor.
We also tie in educational pieces such as videos and articles which focus on domain investment and we added a spot in the GoDaddy community just for domain investors https://www.godaddy.com/Domain-Investing. The community is a place you can go ask other customers questions about anything to do with GoDaddy and get answers from them or GoDaddy staff such as myself, Paul Nicks, or Jason the support manager. It is a place to interact with others, get your questions answered, and the investor section specifically is a place learn more about investing in domain names and get answers to common questions on GoDaddy’s Aftermarket products and services.
We also added in some of the top sales we had for last quarter so you can track trends on names that sell. Right now these only reflect some of the sales we can make public but we look to add more in the future and keep them updated if it is helpful for people. We have a fun section next to that in which we use our valuation tool and see if you can guess the price a domain sold for vs our tool, called Man vs. Machine.
We already have special pricing with the Domain Discount Club for investors but we are also exploring adding an additional pricing option for people who have scores of domains and not hundreds of domains. When this launches it will be featured on this page. So keep an eye on this page for new information that would interest investors. We will keep it updated with news and have it as a jumping off point or hub to all the news, education, products, and services we offer that will help the investor to be more successful.
This is a first version, we are still cleaning it up a bit to make it nicer but I wanted to give Namepros a heads up so you can see it before we broadly announce the launch. We look forward to enhancing it over time and making it even more functional by expanding some of the current tools and adding new tools and services in the future. If you are an investor this should be your go to landing page from now on. We welcome any feedback on the page and look forward to enhancing it based on feedback in the future.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good step.. Godaddy should focus on responsive design and allow mobile devices to browse their website in easy way ..also, their pages should be friendly as interface..

Thanks Joe

•••
Where are landing pages for domains? I would like to see landing pages showing BIN prices.

•••
Godaddy released a domain investing section
https://www.godaddy.com/domains/domain-investing

How do you think this new free investing section would effect services out there like Cygers DN academy where he charges $300+ for some online materials?
It depends on how much detail is presented, just took a first glance here:

https://www.godaddy.com/garage/smal...w-to-value-domain-names-create-a-bucket-list/

"Not all top-level domains (TLDs) — like .com, .org, .xyz., nyc and .vegas — are created equal. Some TLDs have a wider appeal and acceptance and are thus worth more than others. Currently, we see .com selling more frequently and at a higher price point than most other TLDs. The availability of different TLDs for a name also affects value."

XYZ ??????

•••
How do you think this new free investing section would effect services out there like Cygers DN academy where he charges $300+ for some online materials?

what!!!

he charging $300+ for online materials?

does that include a free domain name?

damn, maybe i need to start an academy too, and get some of that pick and shovel money

seeing as how so many lining up to buy them.

imo....

Last edited:
•••
•••
When I clicked link , I just got lost & even the message on the screen can be read as "Whoops! Looks like you're lost".

•••
@Joe Styler
If I visit this link in your post

https://www.godaddy.com/Domain-Investing

it results in a page not found
Whoops! Looks like you're lost.
Maybe you were typing too fast. Or maybe we moved the page you were looking for (sorry about that). Whatever happened, there’s nothing to see here. Try one of the links below to get back on track.

Even when I chatted with Godaddy support this morning your chat support person Thomas gave me this url
which was also 404
https://uk.godaddy.com/Domain-Investing

Just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing any information. Also why is this in the resources section and not news? Isnt this news?

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
It is still a work in progress as I pointed out this is an early look at the page. As such the page is only available in certain English speaking markets. You can change your language/country selection on the top left side of our website. If you pick US you will be able to see the page. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back