NameSilo

GoDaddy Parking?? Are you using or tried it?

Spaceship
Watch
Hello All,
I am looking to see if anyone has tried them and the results?
RickyG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have tried them and have seen success with their program. I made 10 dollars a month on the basic intro plan.

•••
•••
emega said:
I have tried them and have seen success with their program. I made 10 dollars a month on the basic intro plan.

do u have more details about it?

•••
I just activated a parking account at godaddy and will update once I have data.

namenut

•••
Didn't tried it but my friends told me that is pretty good :)

•••
there are suggestion to use GoDaddy in the forum. i've never use it, maybe i need to proove my self

•••
paying for the service so you can THEN make money is an

oxymoron.

:imho:

•••
GoDaddy is making a piece of the pie when you park your domains with them. Why should they make you pay them their piece upfront before any money is coming in?

Does GoDaddy, and I really don't know, add extra value with marketing your parked domain over Sedo, Parked or other such services?

•••
I agree, unless they added extra value to their services, I wouldn't pay them anything. When you park your names with them, they make money- they want you to park your names there, why should you pay them? I just dont get that - maybe I'm missing something

•••
their business model is that the payout is higher and if this were so then the monthly fee would be worth it, but the sample page designs are not inspiring and certainly inferior to what is on offer from namedrive so is not good worth making the jump at present. from a large company such as GD this is disappointing marketing.

•••
For the the best performers so far are

1. Namedrive
2. Sedo

Anybody else I should try ?

•••
If you're not from the United States, I suggest you don't use their program, as they pay on a quarterly basis for international customers and only via check.

* January 31st, for revenue earned October 1st to December 31st.
* April 30th, for revenue earned January 1st to March 31st.
* July 31st, for revenue earned April 1st to June 30th.
* October 31st, for revenue earned July 1st to September 30th.

•••
You have to understand, most people are not familiar with Parking. In fact - many people who are unfamiliar with this market, go to GoDaddy first to buy their domains and all other services. Think about it, if you didnt know you could get better and free elsewhere, wouldnt you think that is really cool? Most of the people who opt for their service, arent making enough to even pay the monthly fee.

•••
I dont think I will be trying it ever...If they are paying by check and only quarterly, then its not worth it no matter even if they give me a much bigger share as opposed to traditional parking sites.

Cos I still have to pay them their monthly fee to top it off....

•••
cosmicray said:
For the the best performers so far are

1. Namedrive
2. Sedo

Anybody else I should try ?

Parked.com

•••
domainspade said:
You have to understand, most people are not familiar with Parking. In fact - many people who are unfamiliar with this market, go to GoDaddy first to buy their domains and all other services. Think about it, if you didnt know you could get better and free elsewhere, wouldnt you think that is really cool? Most of the people who opt for their service, arent making enough to even pay the monthly fee.

** THIS WAS ME AND WHY I SIGNED UP FOR CASH PARKING.. I didn't know any better. I have to say that certain categories and domains I have perform much better on cash parking then on any other free service I've tried. I have most of my domains parked at name drive but get the feeling something funny is going on with it.

Does Name Drive optimize and eliminate traffic after one month or so? I've recently had my traffic drop in half but my PPC go through the roof. The net effect has been good almost 100% daily increase in rev. The domain has been there for about 35 days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back