IT.COM

Google has begin locking some Youtube accounts with many usernames!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainNature

Top Member
Impact
Google has begin locking some Youtube accounts with many usernames, I think they specifically target domainers who registered many Youtube user accounts under one Google account.
I was able to restore my personal and mother's account, because they are old but the new ones are still locked, they just don't let you unlock them, no matter how new is the mobile number you provide for verification, my conclusion is they want to take our usernames and reserve them for themselves or possible sell later like Twitter does.
There is a whole topic on this matter on their community support, many people report that they can't login to Youtube no matter of the recommended steps.
P.s. excuse me if I may post in wrong category!
edit: fixed grammar errors.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Having a matching YT account ID for your domain seems like na nice touch, but I have been asked about it exactly zero times by potential buyers. A centralised entity acting out and blocking users, on the other hand, seems like a useful case for selling domains to more people.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back