Dynadot

discuss Google search constantly pops up a captcha

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hello!

Google search constantly pops up a captcha to verify you're a human when you make consecutive searches.
Do you have any tricks to avoid this?

In hidden tabs it also does it for me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This happens, for example, if you search a lot for less common terms (especially what we call "brandables"), within a short period of time. Or if you often look up terms "between quotes" in succession, without visiting web pages afterwards. Or if you often combine your search term with the site: operator in a short time. Google then wants to check whether there is a real person behind the computer and that you are not a web crawler. First it will ask you a number of times if you are not a robot. After that, it will ask you to solve a captcha as well.

Last edited:
•••
This happens, for example, if you search for less common terms, within a short period of time. Or if you often look up terms between quotes in succession, without visiting web pages afterwards. Google then wants to check whether there is a real person behind the computer and that you are not a web crawler.
Sounds like a useful tool for Google, even if it is bothersome for users doing certain searches. Much seems to be made of how many searches a month are done for particular keywords. That number of searches is then cited in terms of the potential value of a domain.
Even though this may be annoying at times, it is gratifying to know that Google has this added protection, to help exclude bots from skewing the stats.
Google probably don't intend to negatively impact legit users, so perhaps it would be helpful to contact their technical support to point out the specific instances? Perhaps they do need to tweak their system a bit more.
Finally, does this happen even if you use a VPN? If each search appears to come from a different location, maybe the problem would be solved?

Last edited:
•••
Sounds like a useful tool for Google, even if it is bothersome for users doing certain searches. Much seems to be made of how many searches a month are done for particular keywords. That number of searches is then cited in terms of the potential value of a domain. It's reassuring that Google has this added protection, to help exclude bots from skewing the stats.
Does this happen even if you use a VPN?
With a VPN it is way more likely to happen.

•••
I assume you do a lot of work via some tool or online service that uses your local IP.
I would suggest purchasing proxies that are dedicated to what you do so you won't get those blocks.

You could also try using free proxies but they are a waste of time imo as you'll be blocked more (like the VPNs @AEProgram mentioned)

•••
Thanks for replies.
The captche system jumps me when I do intense searches on domains names to register.
Changing IP is an option but it's a bit inconvenient so I was looking for any other recommendations.

•••
Interesting. Curious about this too!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back