Dynadot

discuss Has Anyone Compared PHP 5.6 Performance with PHP 7?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Oliver Russell

Impact
Has anyone ran a performance benchmark for PHP 5.6 and 7 to compare which one is better and measure the difference in performance. I read in this PHP 5 vs 7 performance guide that PHP 7 is 50% faster than the previous version when tested with Laravel 5.4. How true are the results?

Can we further improve the performance by enabling CDN?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Has anyone ran a performance benchmark for PHP 5.6 and 7 to compare which one is better and measure the difference in performance. I read in this PHP 5 vs 7 performance guide that PHP 7 is 50% faster than the previous version when tested with Laravel 5.4. How true are the results?

Can we further improve the performance by enabling CDN?
Found this guide that says so cloudways.com/blog/laravel-5-benchmarks-php-5-6-and-7/

•••
I wouldn't argue with the 50% figure. I recently moved my host from a quality VMWare VPS Host (where support was atrocious) to a Reseller VPS.(where support is fantastic). For the reason explained between the brackets. The old host was using PHP 5.6. The new host had the option of PHP 7.2. Which I chose for a domain running wordpress (a simple website. Not complicated). It certainly felt approx 50% faster. Of course this was a "real world" test. Nothing "benchmarked" :) Of course. It is a little difficult to discern this exactly in the different time frames. It could be 25% out either way. But it was noticeably faster.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back