Domain Empire

Have You Had an Epik Experience Yet ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
I am starting to hear more and more about epik/com , has anyone here jumped in and had a 'epik experience' ? and if so ....your thoughts please

:talk:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rob,

You sound like a very cool guy, and an incredible salesman but I am a very skeptical person when it comes to me spending my hard earned money so I like facts and stats to sell me on spending my $.

Are there any sites under your platform that have made money?

I dont mean have you made money, I mean: have the people who have paid you $250, $700, $2k, etc made any money (more than their initial investment to you) under your payment sharing plan?

If so, what kind of sites? Product, Informational, Service, Directory, etc.

Just curious.

And one more thing, When I looked at your site about a year or so ago, It seemed like I saw the Epik name listed much more on the sites than the owners domain name. For that one reason alone, I stayed away.

•••
I was going to write something but DU basically covered all areas. This has been a joke ever since it's first incarnation (evo something I think).

Nice relation to masterbucks V bitcoin (and how it's nowhere near as smart). Funnily enough, if the recent fiasco with bitcoins is any indication, this just highlights potential problems.

50% profit share is a joke especially since you pay to play now. I can pay someone $39 for a niche site and have my money returned in less than a month.

You hit the nail right on the head DU; it's all about them improving their bottom line by using customers to fund and test what works for them, and what doesn't.

Last edited:
•••
Rob,

You sound like a very cool guy, and an incredible salesman ....

I don't think he's cool or incredible, people are naive and gullible for having jumped on the bandwagon without doing the necessary initial research... this guy must be having a laugh.

•••
I don't think he's cool or incredible, people are naive and gullible for having jumped on the bandwagon without doing the necessary initial research... this guy must be having a laugh.

You are welcome to your opinion, and I am certainly not an apologist for Epik, but I do not consider myself naive or gullible in the least. Their company offered an interesting solution, and I placed at risk a small investment to test the validity of the model.

In the long run, if you always take someone else's word as a substitute for risk, you will minimize both your risk and your profitability.

Many will write off Epik as a bad idea without actually trying them out, and that is fine. Some will write off Epik after trying out a few domains on them, and that is fine too. Others will try them out, and wait patiantly as the platform evolves. But that does not mean that one is more gullible than the other; they simply have different perspectives on risk and return.

•••
Income from my Epik sites, while still low, has bumped up considerably in the past couple of weeks (after having dropped off greatly a month or two earlier). Anyone else seeing this?

•••
I checked 3 of my sites, all are ranked on the front page of google for the appropriate term. One of them, dealing with jewelry, is beating out zales.com, not bad.

•••
I've spent an hour in this thread, reading up on things. It seemed like a pipe dream but reality hit. Look at whypark.com -- they made ppl a load of cash until de-indexing and every other atrocity ensued. I was interested but now I'm confidant that I will never use Epik, even if it was free.

•••
My Epik revenues rose to a decent level in July & August, but in September they have steadily descended to virtually 0. Unless those figures rebound quickly, my experimentation with Epik has probably ended.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back