Dynadot

question Having a domain listed on both Afternic and GoDaddy Auctions... bad?

Spaceship
Watch

elodo

Established Member
Impact
I have listed a domain on GoDaddy Auctions first - and then later on Afternic as well.

Is that okay to have it listed on both simultaneously ? - do they block each other in any way?

Could it somehow cause less exposure for a domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Listed how? On GoDaddy is it a live auction where people can actually bid or just set to Make Offer or Buy Now. Live auctions are the main thing that would cause issues and then rarely.

My current routine:
List on Sedo as Make Offer
List on GoDaddy as Make Offer
List on Dan and with Dan name servers with a Buy Now price/Lease To Own option enabled
List on Afternic with a Buy Now price to get on fast transfer network

also add to my site powered by Efty with Make Offer

Last edited:
•••
It doesn't cause any problems and it's pretty well required for exposure on both if the listings don't have a BIN.

If you have a BIN it's a bit different and the networks do a lot of cross-pollination.

•••
... if the listings don't have a BIN.

If you have a BIN it's a bit different and the networks do a lot of cross-pollination.

Thank you for answering me.

"If you have a BIN it's a bit different and the networks do a lot of cross-pollination." -

In fact, my listings DO have a BIN on both...

Could I, please, ask you to elaborate a bit more on this? What does that `cross-pollination` actually look like? - what exactly happens?

Last edited:
•••
Could I, please, ask you to elaborate a bit more on this? What does that `cross-pollination` actually look like? - what exactly happens?

The major issue is keeping the BINs the same price across the GoDaddy network. You do that, and delete any duplicated BIN listings on said GD network upon a sale, and I think you're fine.

Last edited:
•••
The major issue is keeping the BINs the same price across the GoDaddy network. You do that, and delete any duplicated BIN listings on said GD network upon a sale, and I think you're fine.

Oh... only that?
So it's not like a listing will have trouble with being showed properly somewhere because of double feeding?

I was afraid it was something like that...

GoDaddy suggests to just delete listings that were put there prior to Afternic -

do I understand it right that if I delete them but keep those on Afternic,
the domains from Afternic will later re-appear anyway in my GoDaddy's account?

•••
No, in your Afternic account cross-pollinated to GoDaddy for leads.

It may be different if you hold the domains in a GD account, but there are too many variables to be sure. I'm not sure anyone at GD/Afternic/Dan understands exactly how all of the system works.

Last edited:
•••
Listed how? On GoDaddy is it a live auction where people can actually bid or just set to Make Offer or Buy Now. Live auctions are the main thing that would cause issues and then rarely.

My current routine:
List on Sedo as Make Offer
List on GoDaddy as Make Offer
List on Dan and with Dan name servers with a Buy Now price/Lease To Own option enabled
List on Afternic with a Buy Now price to get on fast transfer network

also add to my site powered by Efty with Make Offer
What’s you sale rate like with this routine?
On sedo do you do sedo mls? Do you recommend this?
I’m getting views but no sales atm

•••
I am also getting many views but no sale yet on sedo

•••
I have seen a few members here do this with success, and would also like to understand more from folks who have been successful with this.

I tried doing this last year. Put BIN both on Afternic and GD Auctions for 3 months. In those 3 months, I saw no action through Afternic, but a few sales and offers within the GD Auctions portal. No transactions from Fast Transfer Network (in the previous months, the FT transactions were quite active). I deleted all GD listings after 3 months, and the sales again started to flow from Afternic FT network. My *hypothesis* is that placing BINs on both places confuses the system.

Whether you can place BIN on Afternic and put the same domains on Make Offer within GD auctions without jeopardizing either platforms, and whether it results in a better sell through is something I would like to know as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back