Dynadot

Dan.com and Afternic Listings

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Relevant Domain

Established Member
Impact
In my portfolio, I have some of my listings that say "Active Listing" and others that say "already listed on Afternic."

What's the best way to resolve this. I do have an afternic account but am not thrilled about going through all of my domains and having to add switch dns, add txt record, switch dns back, on all of my domains.

Suggestions would be helpful. :)

Attachments

• Portfolio | Dan.com 2024-02-28 10-03-30.jpg
    Portfolio | Dan.com 2024-02-28 10-03-30.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 24
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

Just add your Dan ownership verification code as 3rd nameserver for each domain.
You can find it on Dan.com —> menu on the high right —-> Settings ——> Ownership
Just copy the “Verification via .hosting tld “ and add it as 3rd nameserver for each domain already listed on afternic.
Then refresh the blue button on the left near “Already listed on afternic” for each domain

Last edited:
•••
In my portfolio, I have some of my listings that say "Active Listing" and others that say "already listed on Afternic."

What's the best way to resolve this. I do have an afternic account but am not thrilled about going through all of my domains and having to add switch dns, add txt record, switch dns back, on all of my domains.

Suggestions would be helpful. :)

@Relevant Domain

What exactly is your goal here?

1. Already Listed on Afternic
2. Active Listing

If your goal is option 2 and they're showing as already listed, but not by you, the quickest and easiest way to clear them out is by using the verification nameserver found within your Afternic account.

The good news is, there's an "Active Listing" filter at DAN.
You can easily filter & export the list in seconds.

AftFilter.PNG

alreadylisted2.PNG

Alternatively, if you have an Account Manager, you can always send the list to them and they'll take care of any errant listings for you.

Once cleared, as @Yanosh mentioned, hit the blue retry button as seen below and that will sync them up to the standard, Distribution Network and begin showing as "Active Listings."

alreadylisted.PNG

If your goal is option 1, I'm afraid a bit more work will be involved in achieving your goal, but it's worth it in the end and easily avoidable by listing with Afternic before pricing on DAN.

I hope this information helps.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your help Yanosh and 411domains. I ended up reaching out to a rep through the Dan chat and gave my list of names to them, they fixed it right away. :)

•••
Thanks for your help Yanosh and 411domains. I ended up reaching out to a rep through the Dan chat and gave my list of names to them, they fixed it right away. :)
So you didn'have to put the txt or NS in first for them to remove the other listings? You were then able to simply add your domains?

•••
So you didn'have to put the txt or NS in first for them to remove the other listings? You were then able to simply add your domains?
I run ns1.dan and NS2.dan and as the third I use my Dan verification code.

I usually add Sedo txt, then when that verifies I switch the NS to Dan.

•••
I run ns1.dan and NS2.dan and as the third I use my Dan verification code.

I usually add Sedo txt, then when that verifies I switch the NS to Dan.
So in other words Dan customer support didn't remove the unwanted listings after you alerted them to the problem. It seems their automated system apparently did it after you put in the NS1,n2,ns3 (verification). That makes sense for you as a customer, to be doing the authentication upfront.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back