Dynadot

HELP!!! Need advice!!

NameSilo
Watch
I registered a rather good domain name with Registerfly.com back on 22/7/03.

But today, I did a check on all my domains and someone else register the SAME domain name as mine on 4/8/03 with another registrar and now has control over it?!?!? Even the whois reflect that other chap.

But in my Registerfly control panel, the domain is still listed and I can make changes to it?? But Internic.net whois reflects the other party?? It was showing mine only a week ago.
D-:

Can someone advice me on this.. This is driving me up the wall.. I mean... I @%#^$@ registered it like almost 2 weeks ahead and I can lost the domain??

Is there even a REMOTE chance I can lose this domain?... I am trying to contact registerfly on this matter.

But if it really happens and I lose the domain ownership, can I do anything to Registerfly. That domain is important to me as I was planning to launch a site with it. And its a rather valuable domain addr.

:alien:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think RegFly are the only ones who can help, let us know what happens, try their live support thingy.

Mike

•••
important

u should take screenshots, copy the information and make backups of everything that states the domain is yours

do you have the credit card bill or other payment receipts?

the register might delete your account or something if they think they made a mistake then you have no evidence

•••
Oh yes.! I've already got all those ready on stand-by.
:cy:

•••
Unless you're looking at a typo somewhere, sounds like registerfly screwed up! If they did, you're likely only going to get a refund and not the name back. :(

•••
I've spoken to a live customer support from RegFly. He said he is dumbfounded by the situation. Asked me to create a ticket and the Admin 'will' definitely help me out....

But I'm gonna scream for blood if RegFly loses my domain.. they have a good 2 weeks to propogate the net with my ownership. After all, they've already billed me for the domain registration.

I'll keep everyone posted.

•••
If they can't help you, try renewing the domain. That might help, not sure.

•••
Man this reall sucks. Try contacting the other owner.

•••
When you registered the domain on 22/7/03, did it show up in WHOIS? Was the DNS root server record present?

•••
Depending on the use of the site, surely you would have some chance if legitimate to recoup lost business due to their screw up..?

•••
marco: When I registered with RegisterFly, I did do a check on the Whois and it shows me..

SY4: problem is, my service is not launched yet.

RegisterFly ticket support response.--------------------------------------------
Verified - Registry exit code - Correct
===========================
Sent to Registry for detailed history of ADD for this domain.

ICANN response to my email.
------------------------------------
...We did a Whois search on your domain name in the InterNIC Whois Database <www.internic.net/whois.html> and found the following:...
If this is not yourself, please try and contact Registerfly again. We are not certain what has happened. We also do not have the ability to look in the necessary databases and determine
such.

How can more than one person register the same domain for the same period?!?

I got a bad feeling about this...
D-:

•••
If it's still in your list, renew it.

•••
Contact your registrar. They must clarify the situtation

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back