Dynadot

domain Here's another dumb one I picked up.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDon

Mr Big StuffVIP Member
Impact
OK I know, what does this mean Conpac.com To tell the truth, I have no idea, but Conpac. everything else was taken when I registered it. So I figured why not spend some of that useless cash sitting in my good for nothing "Registerfly" account.

So should I contact Consolidated Pacific and tell them I have their name?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sure, contact them and see if they have any interest. You should be able to get your registration costs at least. ;)

•••
Re: Here's another dumb one I picked up.

Originally posted by KingDon

Yes! Tell them you have an easy, abbreviated version of their name which could potentially be used for employee's e-mail addresses, marketing purposes ... tell them it's very memorable and perfect for their diverse needs. In other words, work it!
Please keep us apprised, I have a good feeling on this one.
See 'ya.

•••
OK, where do I start my reaserch on who to contact, should I find the guy over the webmaster? Any one have an old cold call e-mail they want to PM me?

Don

•••
OK, where do I start my reaserch on who to contact, should I find the guy over the webmaster? Any one have an old cold call e-mail they want to PM me?

Don

Call 'em and ask! Today. Work the phones ... perhaps start with the Admin. over there. This will take patience, hard work, and a lot of perseverance ... but, again, I think it's your best bet here! Be creative.
Good Luck.

•••
I will begin searching when I get back from class today, then I will follow your advice, I'll update later.

Don

•••
I will begin searching when I get back from class today, then I will follow your advice, I'll update later.

Don

No fear, my friend! :)
Please PM if you need any assistance.
Good Luck.

•••
I'm reading a book this weekend to help me sharpen my presentation, the book is called "Selling To VITO" by Anthony Parinello. It was suggested to me buy someone, and it's time to really dig into this. Just by reading bits and pieces I think it's a must read for selling, anyway this should be an interesting pitch.

•••
That's great to hear, Don ... and it's another good resource, IMHO. There's nothing like picking up the phone and learning by doing, as well. Please keep us posted on your efforts.
Good Luck.

•••
Yea I would go for the phone, also try the to find an email address for them., Maybe try google to see if there might be some other companys with similay abbreviations

•••
I know I will have to do this, I've never done the cold call thing. But I'm betting that's what separates the small fry's from the big boys. I must come out from my comfort zone, I will give it a shot this week, just a big step for me. I just have to figure out what to say, don't want to sound like an idiot. Has anyone ever seen that Saturday night live skit with Sylvester Stalone selling computers? That's the level of my pitch right now, how much should I ask for?

•••
I know I will have to do this, I've never done the cold call thing. But I'm betting that's what separates the small fry's from the big boys.

Thats the difference between wholesale and retail.
The retail takes a lot more leg work but in the long run its worth it.

Good Luck on your sale!

•••
Well done King....
Go ahead, there is surely a good thing on the arrival line :D

•••
Re: Here's another dumb one I picked up.

OK I know, what does this mean Conpac.com To tell the truth, I have no idea, but Conpac. everything else was taken when I registered it. So I figured why not spend some of that useless cash sitting in my good for nothing "Registerfly" account.

Good luck! :)

•••
Keep us posted :)

good luck! :)

•••
I have this math class hanging over my head, so it's kind of holding me back right this second. I will set this up for a call on Friday, right now I'm trying to find out the name of someone really big there that I can baffle them with my BS. I'm sure it will be something along the lines of,

"Hi there Jack, Don here from Venora, Your Ceo asked me to give a call down to you and find out what happened to that check you guys were supposed to send me last week for the 50K. If it's not here by Monday I'm going with the next buyer, Or better yet I'll find out who's the boss and spend my day calling all his subordinates telling them "get that domain name or your fired!"

I'm still checking this book out, has lots of ideas, either way I will have a little plan together on Wednesday, and Friday I'll give it a shot.

Don

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back