Dynadot

discuss I need to vent, this site needs a general vent thread... so here it is...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

A1EX

Private StatusEstablished Member
Impact
What is going on??!??!??!?!!

This forum is awesome, there is loads of good info from years of investors... (that people don't seem to read anymore) but here goes...

I am seeing the same thing over and over and over... "WTB: Your domain that you spent time and money on, for reg fee." or "Buying any LLLL.com for 12 cents" and then the same user saying "Buy my domain 'HousesWhereYouWontStubYourToe.xyz' $60,000 for this SUPER MEGA ULTRA PREMIUM BRANDABLE EXTRA PRONOUNCABLE SHORT DOMAIN!!!

Oftentimes I have sent interested users domains for free, because it's easier to give a name away anymore then list it here, or on ebay for people who don't want to spend more then $2... I was looking back at offers on here from years ago... $300 here and $500 there... Now it's $2. I understand the market is not what it once was, but that dosnt mean we all want to lose tons of money.

Also, users will look for a specific domain... They want to pay nothing for said domain, so I have reached out to users with lists of narrowed down available handreg names that meet there criteria, FOR FREE, but they have no interest at even looking at a list of handreg names, just because its a handreg... So how about a deposit so I can reg the name for you, then up-charge you, would that be better? I made $5500 on handreg domains this year alone, i have about $450 invested into all of them... Are they all really that bad?!?!?

I get it, we are investors, but please stop trying to buy for nothing, and sell for extremely unrealistic prices, also "XNFGZR" is not pronouncable... :oops:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
🤣 this has never been a good place to sell for an actual fair wholesale price. The same guys will pay XXX - XXXX at auctions. Try Afternic, DNWE etc.

Last edited:
•••
1. You can barely sell anything here. Even in the $1 auction section
2. Too many people copy cat others stupid requirements in the request to buy section. Most of them never bought anything - check their feedback trading
- Taking in 2,000 extensions
- Godaddy appraises $2,000,000 or more
- Budget from $1-$1,000,000 - meaning they will buy it for $1
- Single dictionary word for $100
- Squadhelp BB approved names for $5
etc..
3. Newbies come here and think they can spend $10 and make $10,000
4. Listen to the wrong advice and analysis
The domain business is not like any other business - Analysis means nothing if chicken.com sold for $100 it does not mean duck.com will be sold in the same range. You normally have only one or two users for the name - not 1,000
5. Reading some threads that waste the time and it does not mean anything
- When did you start your business?
- What's the longest name that you own?
- How many names do you have in your portfolio?

Too many newbies with no money buying crap names and beg for appraisal.
Everyone is a whole seller here - meaning they will low ball you. I don't care who you are I sell my name at my price.

Last edited:
•••
I think NamePros should really start charging $5 for each buying request.
Indeed, it's full of shit, lurking around and unrealistic requests. ''Hey, it's free, why not to?''

There is a guy (won't say the nick), he did like 7+ requests over the last month with ''one word'' , 4 letters'' ''3 letters'' etc, etc., always indicating large budgets. Needless to say, he ain't buying shit )))) His trading score didn't change for one digit )))
And there are a lot of people like him.

Absolutely agree with above said - no need to spend time here on NP, trying to sell anything ))

Last edited:
•••
His trading score didn't change for one digit
Alot of these "buyers" are really brokers and other sellers on a mission to collect data, who owns what and who is willing to wholesale etc. Some people are in the lalaland with imaginary millions in cash roleplaying big shots.

•••
Alot of these "buyers" are really brokers and other sellers on a mission to collect data, who owns what and who is willing to wholesale etc. Some people are in the lalaland with imaginary millions in cash roleplaying big shots.
“Data harvesters”. You win this thread.

Last edited:
•••
Indeed. (y)(y)(y)

•••
What is going on??!??!??!?!!

:oops:
look at how the request header differs from the request itself. another symptom

Attachments

• dbr.jpg
    dbr.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 61
•••
I think NamePros should really start charging $5 for each buying request.
Indeed, it's full of shit, lurking around and unrealistic requests. ''Hey, it's free, why not to?''

There is a guy (won't say the nick), he did like 7+ requests over the last month with ''one word'' , 4 letters'' ''3 letters'' etc, etc., always indicating large budgets. Needless to say, he ain't buying shit )))) His trading score didn't change for one digit )))
And there are a lot of people like him.

Absolutely agree with above said - no need to spend time here on NP, trying to sell anything ))
So true- many here countless request threads with high budgets but AMAZINGLY they never getting trading scores aka don’t buy shi*.

To OP, Once you accept that there are very few genuine buyers here and in that pool there are high percentage of cheapskates you can disregard selling here easily. Its a shame but thats how it is.

•••
look at how the request header differs from the request itself. another symptom
and some inappropriate intro inside the post

•••
Need to do a rating. For example, if someone has not purchased a suitable domain after 1-3 requests in sufficient time - ban

•••
Need to do a rating. For example, if someone has not purchased a suitable domain after 1-3 requests in sufficient time - ban

No, it's hard to track, and pretty much unnecessary - another scoring rating...

As I mentioned before - I'd do a $5 fee for each request - and then people can request as many times as they like. But that alone will turn off 80% of tirekickers.
And if you are willing to pay a small fee - there is a good chance you'll do it with a buying idea in mind and also will formulate your request realistically.
On the other hand, such requests will attract offers from more serious sellers (the ones that don't even bother looking at the ''Buying'' section right now....)

Last edited:
•••
Vent Thread of The Year!

Can't laugh, because of the Vent Thread of The Year!

Handreg.......R.I.P.

•••
No, it's hard to track, and pretty much unnecessary - another scoring rating...

As I mentioned before - I'd do a $5 fee for each request - and then people can request as many times as they like. But that alone will turn off 80% of tirekickers.
And if you are willing to pay a small fee - there is a good chance you'll do it with a buying idea in mind and also will formulate your request realistically.
On the other hand, such requests will attract offers from more serious sellers (the ones that don't even bother looking at the ''Buying'' section right now....)
Agree. I made a general suggestion. But admins can make the suggested names option open. At least open to ourselves. It is clear that it is a matter of taste. But it is also clear that it is clear that the weak car is not for rough terrain (whether the name suits the request or not). By some names, many can equally see whether it is suitable or not. Let the disclaimer indicate that decisions are made subjectively and objectively and one of the administrators with critical thinking monitors this)) This is just, of course, a theory for the desire to improve conditions for sales)

But regarding payment for displaying a name, you can use, for example, a fiverr and provide a link to open the name/portfolio there

Last edited:
•••
I'd do a $5 fee for each request
That would get rid of ALL of them. They only want to spend $5 on a 1 word .com, they would scatter like roach's right off the board! :xf.laugh:

•••
There is one or two guys who must have about 100,000 names because they posted "PM sent" to every single request.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back