Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hand reg'ed these today just in case XR takes off:

XR/H/e/l/m/e/t - XR/G/o/g/g/l/e - XR/S/e/t all in the king :blackalien:

If XR takes off, IMHO you'll do well on the helmet and goggle names... (I'm holding AR helmet(s) and have already had a handful of inquiries over the past several months... ;))

•••
If XR takes off, IMHO you'll do well on the helmet and goggle names... (I'm holding AR helmet(s) and have already had a handful of inquiries over the past several months... ;))

Congrats on the AR / Helmet(s) very good names as I saw if remembered correctly that a huge company called Daqri marketed them successfully. PS got the plural form XR helmets too.

•••
Congrats on the AR / Helmet(s) very good names as I saw if remembered correctly that a huge company called Daqri marketed them successfully. PS got the plural form XR helmets too.

Nice names.

Got those

XRglasses(.)com
MRhelmets(.)com
ARviewers(.)com
MRviewers(.)com

And some more..

Last edited:
•••
Nice names.

Got those

XRglasses(.)com
MRhelmets(.)com
ARviewers(.)com
MRviewers(.)com

And some more..

Very good names Elad, congrats man ;)

•••
XRExpert (.) com
XRAudio (.) com

•••
Hand reg'ed these today just in case XR takes off:

XR/H/e/l/m/e/t - XR/G/o/g/g/l/e - XR/S/e/t all in the king :blackalien:

I recently added XR Goggles (.com)

•••
•••
•••
•••
If I may be allowed to brag a little... Been collecting 'goggle' for a while (2011).

VRGoggle -com,net,org,info
ARGoggle
3DGoggle
4DGoggle
FPVGoggle
ARGoggles.net

But I prefer...
VRSmartGoggle(s)
ARSmartGoggles
3DSmartGoggle(s)
MRSmartGoggles (my only MR name. Not a lot of hope for it but could not ignore the one for a collection)

These 'smart' names will be more popular when a Voice Assistant is a built-in function.

Could make a nice niche portfolio auction in 3-5 years. I think I can wait.
All Hand Reg's so it should provide a nice ROI.

•••
Long but good article on Merged Reality today, talks about the term different to Intel’s usage of it.

https://www.ericsson.com/en/network...hts/reports/merged-reality?platform=hootsuite

Also talks about VRVideo another keyword i have .com:-

==
"Close to half of early adopters have already increased their VR video usage since the time they started using it. Thirty-seven percent of early adopters have started shifting their video viewing to VR. Among the frequent mobile VR users, as many are watching videos as are playing games on a daily basis. Those who are planning to use a headset in the future believe watching videos in VR will be one of their top activities – even more than gaming.

More than a quarter of early adopters believe that, within a year, they will be watching movies on virtual screens without owning anything other than a VR headset. More than half of them predict video viewing will be the most popular activity in VR."
==

And some more keywords I'm sure others have.

•••
I got some aged names both 16 years old ARHeadSet and 3DHeadSet in the king. Bought them both from the original owners it seems. They both have some nice searches/month already and will only grow as the market evolves. AR has lots of room and they say it is projected to be even bigger than VR, who knows, but just grabbing all incase to increase the chances of a sale for all or any in XR MR AR VR.
If I may be allowed to brag a little... Been collecting 'goggle' for a while (2011).

VRGoggle -com,net,org,info
ARGoggle
3DGoggle
4DGoggle
FPVGoggle
ARGoggles.net

Great names ;) congrats! Especially VRGoggle, you been there very early indeed, great insights.

Last edited:
•••
I got some aged names both 16 years old ARHeadSet
Goes to show many of the "new tech" names have been long registered

•••
More than half of them predict video viewing will be the most popular activity in VR."
I have always expected that viewing even 2D flicks would be most popular. Most available content.
And that also makes a market for iMax to sell/stream it's 3D movies and have a very good audience.
Who does not want to view a wall sized movie in any comfortable position of a couch or bed?
Been doing it myself even before the DK1 but don't watch many movies anymore..

Great names ;) congrats! Especially VRGoggle, you been there very early indeed, great insights.
Thanks, but VRGoggle really is a story of persistence for me.

When I first looked for it, it was reg'd and I would check back about once a year. But I think I missed a partial year and on my next check, it had dropped. I didn't waste any time reg'n it.
At the time, it was considered a poor move for a dead industry. I knew better for the longer term.
It was the next logical step from 3D glasses/goggles and some were still working on the tech. Even me.

I have a couple of good persistence stories like that. And I still watch about 80 names for changes.
And at least I can tell when names of interest change hands and once in a while pick up a drop.
I'm just not willing to buy 'many' names in the aftermarket that need to be held a long time to fruit.
I have bought plenty but seem to have a much better ROI with hand reg's. I do track it.

•••
I recently got Augmented-Vision in king :happy:

Last edited:
•••
2000 pixels per inch. The Samsung stand-alone VR Goggle.
http://www.bgr.in/news/samsungs-upcoming-standalone-vr-headset-to-boast-2000ppi-oled-display-report/

I remember just about 18 months ago they were showing off this pixel density and everyone thought it would be used in a phone (and probably will sometime) but I knew that diamond shaped pixel density has no real value just as a normal phone display. Only in VR where you are magnifying the display and space between the pixels becomes a issue would it serve well.
But this stand alone HMD is probably more in line with Acer & Qualcomm's HMD but with probably the nicest display. Going to be a lot of nice choices this xmas ! Cheap choices ? I think the target is under $500

•••
A bit crude but not bad for a start ! Super Mario for Hololens !
While this app will not sell the Hololens, I'm sure the concept of it will continue.
Costume not included... LOL

Edit: Looked up a good name for this kinda stuff...
LifesizeGames.... but taken in 2007. Oh Well... Back to the hunt...
ReEdit: LifesizedGames 'was' available ! and VRTransporterRoom to round it out.

Last edited:
•••
I recently got Augmented-Vision in king :happy:

@ando, JMHO, but I think you want to be very careful with hyphenated names in general, and in conjunction with the long kw "augmented" in particular... It is going to be a very heavy lift to find a buyer... (I say this from years of experience with even short names like "3d-kw"... A very limited market... but again, JMHO... ;))

Last edited:
•••
8i holo app avail can't wait to try it it's very cool

IMG_2203.PNG

Last edited:
•••
@ando, JMHO, but I think you want to be very careful with hyphenated names in general, and in conjunction with the long kw "augmented" in particular... It is going to be a very heavy lift to find a buyer... (I say this from years of experience with even short names like "3d-kw"... A very limited market... but again, JMHO... ;))
Thank you , i appreciate it NamesBond and I totally agree with you.
I regged this name mostly because i like its "spelling style" and the output of my research gives me hope that i will find a buyer for a quick sale. (e.g. Zeiss is using this perticular keywords "Augumented Vision".)

Last week i sold two domains with nice roi, so i had some budget to invest. First sale after ~12 hours of registration. (two hypthens and a .com :woot: (outbound) and second sale after ~6 Month. (got an inquiry thru whois email)

•••
Guess folks are getting more serious about streaming VR content.
For to do so in a high quality way is a bit tough (over 720p as delivered per eye) and the easiest fix for that is to not include 360 degree views in the stream. So a 180 or 220 degree stream makes sense for many apps.
Especially with mobile till we actually have 5G or a new gen cell bandwidth.
Not to mention the ease of producing a 3D-180 FOV video.

So now Google is hitting on that....
http://pocketnow.com/2017/06/23/google-vr180-technology-vr-content-creation-practical

Google's commitment here shows they understand how big and crucial the problem is and are forging a short term remedy of standards to keep this moving forward. Streaming content produced by consumers is probably the easiest thing they can do to increase the VR content library. So this makes sense to me anyway.

180 Names ?
I'm not playing them even though I have watched others play them 2 years ago.
It will happen, but I see no 'great end-use' need for names. But some will likely find a place.

•••
•••
Guess folks are getting more serious about streaming VR content.
For to do so in a high quality way is a bit tough (over 720p as delivered per eye) and the easiest fix for that is to not include 360 degree views in the stream. So a 180 or 220 degree stream makes sense for many apps.
Especially with mobile till we actually have 5G or a new gen cell bandwidth.
Not to mention the ease of producing a 3D-180 FOV video.

So now Google is hitting on that....
http://pocketnow.com/2017/06/23/google-vr180-technology-vr-content-creation-practical

Google's commitment here shows they understand how big and crucial the problem is and are forging a short term remedy of standards to keep this moving forward. Streaming content produced by consumers is probably the easiest thing they can do to increase the VR content library. So this makes sense to me anyway.

180 Names ?
I'm not playing them even though I have watched others play them 2 years ago.
It will happen, but I see no 'great end-use' need for names. But some will likely find a place.

VR180Video

•••
VR180Video
If 180 becomes a thing, it's a good one.
But the point I was making is "who will need this ?"
If anything, as things progress, it will simply add some value to the same in 360.
I can't see anyone really seeking 180.
And the possible issue if these get coined a name like 'SS' / 'semi-spheric'

Last edited:
•••
For all the eSports Fans... SPARC is releasing on PSVR Q3 with Vive and Rift to soon follow.
But I will say these folks at CCP are on top of their eGames. LOL
These types of games are the future of eSports when the wired tether goes away.
Probably in Gen2 HMD's. Going to be a fast evolution next year. Perhaps faster than I imagined.
I'd say it is compelling content !
https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/06/is-sparc-the-next-vr-esport/

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back