NameSilo

How do you get your site listed in Search engines?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
How do you go about getting your site listed in search engines?

Do you use a paid service or free online submission tool, or just let google crawl your site and hope it get's listed??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got a host that had free search engine submissions.

•••
Originally posted by theups
I got a host that had free search engine submissions.

That's one way to do it!

I usually just submit to each search engine manually.

•••
Originally posted by deadserious
That's one way to do it!

I usually just submit to each search engine manually.

I'm to lazy for that ;)

•••
i never submitted my site to google, but it finds me. i guess if you offer good service and you've been on the net for a while, you will be in google. i have a feeling that google rates the site by popularity.

•••
Yea link popularity can help alot. And I have some domains with absolutely nothing on them and google still finds them some how.

•••
I just let google do the work, once its on google it go throughs other search engines ;D

•••
•••
I found that the best way to get up the page rankings especially on Google is to get high traffic sites to link to you. Google then recognises you as a quality site and ranks you higher.

This can be tricky but if you don't ask, you don't get!!!

•••
Yea that can help, and also if you have a high traffic site with many sites linking to it, I think that can help also.

•••
i noticed that my personal site got ranked on google. how it got there though, i dunno. i silly.

•••
Well I didn't know that my page even got listed in google until someone was looking on google for a completely different page and came back to tell me that she found my page there. ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back