IT.COM

How many domain sold in BB or Namerific

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi Friends

my 3 domains sold through both market places. i saw sale is little slow now a days , what about u?

also i saw many domainers are selling domains through their own website

How many domains u have sold in BB( brandbucket) or Namerific yet?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just started adding domains to Namerific recently, what annoys me is the wait time to get them approved.

•••
Not yet. I started domaining about 3 months ago. Till now 0 sales.
I listed all my domains in Godaddy. Last night i listed 2 domains in Namerific (waiting for approval) and 12 domains in brandbucket (waiting for approval).

•••
•••
In the last 6 months sold no domain names on both websites. Need to have more patience i think.

•••
Sold 4 on BB, have another 25 listed there.

Each sold price was much more than I had it listed for elsewhere, more than covering the 30% commission.

•••
In the last 6 months sold no domain names on both websites. Need to have more patience i think.

Well the problem with BrandBucket is the amount of names they have listed. It is quickly getting into the thousands. So in order to make a sale, you need to have one spectacular name or just get very lucky. It's gonna take time if you don't have a whole lot of names listed there. Namerific is an excellent site but their traffic is pretty low, so it's also gonna take a lot of luck and time to attract a sale. So yes, patience is definitely required for either site.

•••
BrandBucket has 2,775 names listed which is way to many for a boutique brand style marketplace. Specialized sites like this need to stay under 1000-1,500 names so someone looking for a name can find one without spending every night for a week searching their list.
You want a potential customer to come in, look around, and make a purchase and not have to come back to continue to search through your list. If they leave your site they may not come back. I have sold a few with both sites but it's not as great as I thought it would be. BrandBucket claim to get 4,000 sets of eyes on their front page everyday but that seems like a fairly large number of people for not that many total sales.
I have tracked their sales for the past 4 months and on average they sell less than 1 per day which you may not think is that great but at 30% commission on a $2,500 name that averages out to $500 to $1,000 a day for doing absolutely nothing but listing names on their site. Yes they may go to a few startup events here and there but the MASS majority of the hits comes from the hard work of Google"s algorithms. I think the next experiment is to do a featured listing on BrandBucket and see if anything changes. I had 5 featured at Namerific for a while but no sales from that so I will try BB and keep you posted.

•••
Doesn't it take like months to get your names accepted at BB?

•••
It has taken as little as 3 days to hear back from them to as long as 3 weeks. You never know with them. I still don't understand why it takes so long because I literally search through thousands upon thousands of names a day searching for that one gem but they can't look at a couple hundred a day and decide. Makes no sense to me at all.

•••
I have only been subbing to them for about 2-3 months, so most have been listed less time than that

BB - 9 Live, another 4 pending logos, no sales
Namerific - 17 live, 3 pending logos, one sold

•••
Hmmmm.... well the reason I tried Namerific first was cause I thought their wait time was MUCH less than BB, but now I'm starting to get irritated with the wait time for them; I know they looked at my names as they rejected two of them, but the other two are still sitting there waiting and they were all added around the same time.

Don't BB make you list exclusive with them?

•••
@Cyphix

Any name accepted at BrandBucket and listed on their site has to stay exclusive to them but all others can be listed anywhere,

Namerific normally takes 24 hours to 3 or 4 days sometimes.

•••
@Cyphix

Any name accepted at BrandBucket and listed on their site has to stay exclusive to them but all others can be listed anywhere,

Namerific normally takes 24 hours to 3 or 4 days sometimes.

What do you mean all others can be listed anywhere? You mean the ones that get rejected?

My names at Namerific have been in the "queue" a lot longer than that haha...... they have been waiting since Nov 21, so about 11 days now.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Well I just submitted 4 names to BB, will see how they go haha......... is it just me or is it impossible to find info on their fees other than the $10 listing fee?

•••
I have 1 name with namerific & 3 names with BB: No sale, been 2 months now.

•••
As I see it, listing with an external site is a give and take relationship. They get more diverse stock, brainstorming and choices to show their visitors (without the renewals), and earn commission on it, in return we get screening and selection (an education?), extra exposure of our names to targeted visitors that are looking for that type of name for their business, and better odds of a sale, or maybe decreased wait time for a sale.

I can't complain about the time they take or their process, they have made a time sacrifice by taking in external vendors and domains (I'm not sure I would). People emailing them with questions, checking submissions for copyright/ownership/TMs, editing descriptions, and arranging for logos to be done for us. I am grateful for the opportunity. Apart from BB, names are not exclusive, so there is no rush. Just find a few more names to submit and you will be hearing back at the other end of the month before you know it.

If someone doesn't like the service they are getting somewhere or it is too slow, they will have less stress in their lives if they go elsewhere, or relax and distract themselves with something productive. Online, things change quickly, and even in the few months I've been doing this, the wait time has increased steeply on Namerific as articles and promotion about the site brings an influx of submissions. They used to give personal feedback and that is gone by the wayside, never mind, it can't be changed.

If you want to make money on line, especially on someone else's website, you need to remember how it was, accept how it is now, and expect it to change again before long.

I like Raders plan of limiting submissions from poor quality submitters, and offering preferential submission treatment to those who always offer quality names. Anyone setting up a boutique brandables site now has the luxury of seeing a few sites and models in action to asses and improve on.

Last edited:
•••
Been live with BB & Namerific for about 5 months. I've had 100 names published at BB, with 9 sales and around 50 names with Namerific with no sales yet. To be fair, BB has better names than Namerific.

•••
I listed 2 domains in November 29 with Namerific, they are still waiting for approval
listed 12 domains in November 29 with bb, they are still waiting for approval

about 13 days! It took long time

•••
I have around 18 names with BB and 1 sold. Have another 22 or so at Namerific and 1 sold.

•••
I like Raders plan of limiting submissions from poor quality submitters, and offering preferential submission treatment to those who always offer quality names. Anyone setting up a boutique brandables site now has the luxury of seeing a few sites and models in action to asses and improve on.

I don't think that is the right thing do. Totally flawed IDEA. Think about it.

I don't hear Namerific and BrandBucket complained about the influx of submissions. That it where they will thrive. Only domainers complained about it.

•••
I have tracked their sales for the past 4 months and on average they sell less than 1 per day which you may not think is that great but at 30% commission on a $2,500 name that averages out to $500 to $1,000 a day for doing absolutely nothing but listing names on their site. Yes they may go to a few startup events here and there but the MASS majority of the hits comes from the hard work of Google"s algorithms. I think the next experiment is to do a featured listing on BrandBucket and see if anything changes. I had 5 featured at Namerific for a while but no sales from that so I will try BB and keep you posted.

They do not post every sale on their site.

I have sold 7 with BB and 2 with Namerific and 1 with Sedo and 1 with DomainNameSales after they got rejected.

•••
I don't think that is the right thing do. Totally flawed IDEA. Think about it.

I don't hear Namerific and BrandBucket complained about the influx of submissions. That it where they will thrive. Only domainers complained about it.

Actually they do complain about the overwhelming influx of domains. Do you speak to the founders? Domainers complain about it as well. Here's why this is a much better plan. You have one guy who submits 1000 domains in one day and then the other guy who submits just a few the same day after him. This second guys is waiting in line for his few domains to get reviewed while the first one has 1000 names ahead of his. And as explained, I am implementing this also to prevent bad domainers from submitting every name they have in hopes they get a few accepted. This encourages everyone to be more careful and thoughtful about what they are submitting since their submissions are limited. There is no flaw whatsoever in this. Please elaborate. You didn't really explain what the flaw exactly was.

The biggest complaint currently is that domainers are waiting too long. This solves that. We are not as concerned about ourselves and how many domains are being submitted to our site. Rather we are doing this in the best interest of the domainer who is serious about selling brandables and preventing ridiculous wait times. Hope you understand.

Last edited:
•••
I think BB and namaerific have figured that too, the repeat offenders (those who send everything and the kitchen sink) are looked at after the sellers that usually send quality names, the turn around time for logo's should be the same, maybe

•••
Actually they do complain about the overwhelming influx of domains. Do you speak to the founders? Domainers complain about it as well. Here's why this is a much better plan. You have one guy who submits 1000 domains in one day and then the other guy who submits just a few the same day after him. This second guys is waiting in line for his few domains to get reviewed while the first one has 1000 names ahead of his. And as explained, I am implementing this also to prevent bad domainers from submitting every name they have in hopes they get a few accepted. This encourages everyone to be more careful and thoughtful about what they are submitting since their submissions are limited. There is no flaw whatsoever in this. Please elaborate. You didn't really explain what the flaw exactly was.

The biggest complaint currently is that domainers are waiting too long. This solves that. We are not as concerned about ourselves and how many domains are being submitted to our site. Rather we are doing this in the best interest of the domainer who is serious about selling brandables and preventing ridiculous wait times. Hope you understand.

The line between preference/priority and discrimination is too thin. This kind of idea is also susceptible of abuse. If i were the customer, i would rather go to the other shop that will treat me fairly. Sure any site - brandbucket/namerific has this preference in practice but i go for the less evil and would deliver the sales.

Bulk upload is not ideal in this business, rather limit the uploads either the no of domains or frequency.

•••
I understand your meaning Oyong and your desire for fairness admirable. I have a question, how do you know submissions are taken in exact sequence every single time on the sites you already deal with? Because a site owner tells you the exact process and exactly what he is doing, and what you can expect, that is evil? We are asking for an invitation to sell our product on their site, so IMO, the ball is totally in their court.

I personally think it is efficient and makes lots of business sense to check a source that provides desirable, easy to sell, unique one-off products (good domains) and stock for my thriving business, more frequently. As an owner stocking his shop, it makes sense to buy as much as you can from one supplier for your business if you are already dealing with him and emailing etc.

I agree with urlurl, I have had 1-2 day wait times on new submissions after having a bunch that did have to wait and after a good portion those first ones approved. With both the other sites.

What would be something to consider, is how readily that rating is changed, once a newer domainer learns what a great brandable is, and what a site wants for inventory and starts subbing better stuff, so once they get a better submissions to acceptance ratio.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back