IT.COM

How many domain sold in BB or Namerific

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi Friends

my 3 domains sold through both market places. i saw sale is little slow now a days , what about u?

also i saw many domainers are selling domains through their own website

How many domains u have sold in BB( brandbucket) or Namerific yet?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think way to many of US get caught up in one of these two categories

1. My name got accepted at one of these sites and that makes it a great name
2. My name didn't get accepted at one of these sites and that makes it a bad name

Neither one is true. None of the owners of Brand Bucket, Namerific, or BrandRoot have any branding or naming experience so who makes them the judge or jury. They just have a site that sells brandable names. Namerific is owned by Zane Gocha who is a nice guy but I remember when he was listing names at Brand Stack now known as Brand Crowd. He is a regular guy like you and I who has no formal training in Naming so just because a name was accepted or not accepted at Namerific means nothing. It's just his choice in taste. Same goes for Margot Bushnaq who owns Brand Bucket. This site got started because she was naming some of her own companies and had left over names that people liked so she started her own site. I don't know much about Michael Rader from Brand Root but from looking at the names on his site he has no formal training either but seems like a really nice guy.
Bottom line, try to follow the parameters that professional namers follow. Even companies like Addison Whitney, Catchword, ZinZin, A Hundred Monkeys etc..... come up with crappy names also. It's all personal taste. The consumer is clueless at what they are looking at and most of the names sold at these sites are bought only because they sound good even though the name means absolutely nothing. Listed below are some names from these sites that in my opinion suck but they got listed. I am sorry if anyone gets offended but this is only my opinion but honesty is the best policy because that's how we learn. I have names that suck also so we are all in this together.

Listed at Brand Bucket
TWAGIC
CESSINA trademark infringement of Cessna Aircraft Corporation
SHNOOPY
GROGGY DOGGY
TABLOMO
TWOOPIO
INFINIFTY
LET'S JEST
MUCKERY
OMGTY ??

Listed at BrandRoot
REINFORAY
SUNLID
PANDAVINE
PICKPOKE
LAZYLEGAL
JACKPOTA
NEWYUP
HUAROH
INWAI
DOUBAJ

Listed at Namerific
GRISB0N
SONOLLY
BONYUM
SEPHAUNT
STATUSBUBBLE
BOSSABLUE
BLUEABBEY
BULLETACCESS
OORKLE
HUWAII

Just remember if your name gets accepted that does not make it a great name and if it doesn't that does not make it a bad name. If you like the names you choose get out there and sell them because domaining is all about making money and having fun while you do it.

Yes they have some crappy names, but I think the point is that they have a much lower proportion of bad to good compared to the big marketplaces, and a much higher percentage of names that could actually be used as a company title. I think they are all very well-trained in the school of experience, which is often more valuable than formal training. When my domains are rejected I sometimes disagree with them, but more often than not a part of me grudgingly agrees that it has shortcomings.

Remember also, they may have reasons for not choosing your name that have nothing to do with its quality, such as conflicting with an existing brand, or already having a title in stock that is too similar.

Rader, thanks for the great response!

Last edited:
•••
At Sedo or any other large marketplace I can list whatever name I want no matter how crappy it is and include it with the millions of other names listed there but at Brand Bucket etc....there are only about 2,500 names that are hand picked so there should not be a bad one in the bunch so your comparison doesn't hold water.
I think its funny how just because a person has a website that makes them some expert or professional in that field. Rader said he has read lots of branding books etc....which is great but I have read lots of medical books but that doesn't make me a doctor. I like his sales pitch on putting bad brands next to good brands so it makes the good ones shine. If that was true the local Ferrari dealer would put a couple Hondas in the showroom to make the good ones shine or how about a Timex next to a Rolex. Come one, what a load of BS! Just admit that sometimes we all choose bad names. It's that simple.

•••
Hi hookbox

I agree with you. We all pick crappy names.

However, the Decoy effect and relative decision making is a well-known phenomenon in marketing. In the Ferrari dealership example it is still present at a higher level, with different models having different prices and features, including obviously superior and inferior models to get the buyer to choose the mid-range one.

Last edited:
•••
The decoy effect is only relevant when a small limited number of choices are available but when you have 2,500 choices the decoy effect is impossible to implement because you never know where item A is going to be seen when compared to item B or item C etc......and then for the decoy effect to really take shape all items would have to be fairly similar in price but if item A is listed at $1,700 and item B is listed at $3,500 then the decoy effect is rendered irrelevant because the price comparison is to wide of a gap to even be considered as a decoy effect trap. So the bottom line like I said before is sometimes we choose bad names but it's easier to come up with some grand excuse instead of just admitting we made a bad choice.

I do agree with Rader that adding really good names such as high priced great 4 letters does make the cheaper good names look better but to say adding bad names to make the others look better is still in my opinion BS.

•••
...you are paying for a listing on a boutique site with a fraction of Sedo eyeballs, filtered for quality and exclusively bound but doing nothing more than Sedo/TDNAM/Afternic/etc/etc for promotion (sorry, they do $5 logos)?? what a joke... why?

list for free at Sedo, Afternic, Godddy, Namerific and park with no ads option at DomainNameSales - lower comissions, wider audience, no exclusivity (wtf?), no upfront fees, you are in charge of pricing..

what you found that attractive in BB to pay for the listings and be bound by exclusivity limitations? compare sales volumes (brandables or whatever filter like 5L, 6L, etc you prefer) to the above listed marketplaces and feel the diff... as for me i got regular and steady influx of offers/requests from established venues vs a couple from Namerific for the last couple of months (~15 names there, going to delist all because of high commissions, huge amount of low quality inventory and random pricing)

best

Thanks for your comment
Not that I got any offers from Sedo, But I was thinking that my domains would be lost in the many thousands of domains listed there. I do have many domains at sedo but no offers there to. If it were 4 letter .coms or key words then I may have gotten more offers. Instead, I own many brandables.
I wonder if i am doing anything wrong while listing at sedo. Is there any way to list properly so that it is easily found by others?
Thanks for your help.

•••
When i try to add domain on Namerific in first section where you need to write domain name,description and keywords I only have name option.

Whats wrong?

•••
When i try to add domain on Namerific in first section where you need to write domain name,description and keywords I only have name option.

Whats wrong?

I think the name would have to e accepted first before you can add details.

•••
Really? Because when I registered and went to add domain (just to look how it goes), I had more fields.

I would put picture but cant :You must be a registered member for at least 10 days in order to post links.

In first name,description and keywords I only have option to write domain name.
Before i could see option to write domain name,then description (how would you describe name etc.),then keywords (write keywords for name).

•••
@Kasa7

It seems like they changed the format for adding names. Before you would have to add the domain, description, keywords etc......which was a big waste of time on a domain that you didn't know if they would accept or not so now you don't have to waste your time unless the name is accepted. It's much easier this way so I don't what your complaining about.

•••
I have noticed the same thing.

I agree that it's better just to submit the name and then IF it's approved deal with the rest of the details.

•••
Not complaning. I am just new to this so wasnt sure is it something wrong that i am doing.

Thanks for explanation.

•••
Sold 4 Domain names at BrandBucket and Zero at namerific..:D

•••
I think way to many of US get caught up in one of these two categories

Listed at Brand Bucket
TWAGIC
CESSINA trademark infringement of Cessna Aircraft Corporation
SHNOOPY
GROGGY DOGGY
TABLOMO
TWOOPIO
INFINIFTY
LET'S JEST
MUCKERY
OMGTY ??

You picked one of my Domain names anyway you said Domain names depends upon personal tastes, so no one can predict which is better or which is bad..:D

•••
You picked one of my Domain names anyway you said Domain names depends upon personal tastes, so no one can predict which is better or which is bad..:D

I think 5% of the name listed on bb and namerific worth the registration.

Some are just typos and poor quality letters.

This is ny opinion. .

•••
Great thread [comments from Margot, Michael Rader ..] - hard to wish any better audience. A real pity it has stopped.
I'm a newbie domainer [definitely a newbie in a brand name field] and "how they say" - am still learning.
Just wonder what has changed in the last 18 months?
Ok, will start the conversation going.
BB now has 16000 plus domains.
:D What else?

•••
where did u find it??

Reply to the Thread.. 0/0

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back