IT.COM

discuss Passive vs. Active Domain Sellers ?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I am wondering how many of you here are active vs. passive domainers ?

In my case I am a passive "collector". Lately I just recently put most of my domains on Afternic buy-it-now and left the best ones out. I am holding about 200 domains and typically sell one or two a year (end-of-2023/beginning-of-2024 was not bad - all were through brokers). Sedo has never worked for me.

I've been collecting dot-coms since 1998, and at some point (right before the 2008 recession) I had around 2,000 domains, but trimmed down to the 200+. My experience is that during decent economies, I get about 5-10 offers a year with 200 domains, and got between 20-30 offers / year when I had the 2000+ domains (before that recession).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am holding about 200 domains and typically sell one or two a year
Hi

as a passive seller, we're about the same, except i have close to half as many domains.

already had my 1 sale this year, which was more than enough to renew the portfolio.

imo...

•••
Passive seller for a couple decades now. Don't sell a ton but considering most of my domains were reg fee pick ups or expired reg fee pick ups my ROI has been very good to where I don't really need to sell a ton. I'll sit for years until the right offer rolls in.

All of my domains are listed at GoDaddy auctions, Afternic, Dan, Sedo, DynaDot Market, SquadHelp White Label etc...

My own landing pages have produced the most sales, Afternic second, Sedo third. Dan, Dynadot and SquadHelp are new additions so we'll see if that brings anything in. Few other random sales over the years at other places like Moniker, etc...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back