Dynadot

How many domain sold in BB or Namerific

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi Friends

my 3 domains sold through both market places. i saw sale is little slow now a days , what about u?

also i saw many domainers are selling domains through their own website

How many domains u have sold in BB( brandbucket) or Namerific yet?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Brandables testing my patience.

i have 40 domains listed at Namerific with 8 pending logo . Latest on live was NeatPay.com But still 0 sales.

In BB, I have 19 listed for sale with 6 pending logo design. Latest one there was FreshRush.com . But still there also 0 sales.

In total I have more than 70 Brandable Domains listed at both sites. But yet to make a single sales. I am getting very frustrated.

I have stopped registering any more brandables for now because of no income till now. I really hope to make some sales soon.

So at present I have started a thread here that lists Available Brandable Domains for registration. You can access the thread here. Feel free to register those names that you also feel are catchy.

Last edited:
•••
3 months ago I send 30 names to BB and got 7 approved - I sold one waiting for approval and listed the rest and 2 of them got sold last month.

I have send 8 names to Namerific and got 1 approved and it´s still for sale.

•••
i have 40 domains listed at Namerific with 8 pending logo . Latest on live was NeatPay.com But still 0 sales.

In BB, I have 19 listed for sale with 6 pending logo design. Latest one there was FreshRush.com . But still there also 0 sales.

In total I have more than 70 Brandable Domains listed at both sites. But yet to make a single sales. I am getting very frustrated.

I have stopped registering any more brandables for now because of no income till now. I really hope to make some sales soon.

So at present I have started a thread here that lists Available Brandable Domains for registration. You can access the thread here. Feel free to register those names that you also feel are catchy.

I think you need to be more picky with the types of names you pickup; like try and imagine a site with that name, does it seem reasonable?

For those with names already @ BB..... when you submit them are they supposed to come up in your CP somewhere like at Namerific? I don't see them anywhere. :(

•••
@mindroc sorry, but I just had to LMAO at your comment, 70 domains? And no sale? Wtf

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

I think you need to be more picky with the types of names you pickup; like try and imagine a site with that name, does it seem reasonable?

For those with names already @ BB..... when you submit them are they supposed to come up in your CP somewhere like at Namerific? I don't see them anywhere. :(

Are you trying to say his names re not reasonable? Lol. Tbh brandables re not meant to be reasonable, they just had to sound nice and pass the radio test. IMO

•••
@mindroc sorry, but I just had to LMAO at your comment, 70 domains? And no sale? Wtf

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Are you trying to say his names re not reasonable? Lol. Tbh brandables re not meant to be reasonable, they just had to sound nice and pass the radio test. IMO

Well he says he has 70 domains listed already with no sales and linked to a thread with other he has found; I'm just saying IMO most of the names in that thread he linked I wouldn't personally reg myself; so if he has 70 names and hasn't sold any then perhaps he needs to be a bit more picky in what he is buying - just trying to save him some money :)

•••
•••
•••
Just had my first name approved at Namerific! :D

What's so funny?

Huh? Luck plays a huge role in domaining. The fact that you don't fancy the kind of names he regs doesn't make them less better. I've seen names much worse sell for ridiculous prices. So your saying you won't reg any of the names in that thread is funny & IMO myopic..
Goodluck with your 1st "domain" approval.

Last edited:
•••
Huh? Luck plays a huge role in domaining. The fact that you don't fancy the kind of names he regs doesn't make them less better. I've seen names much worse sell for ridiculous prices. So your saying you won't reg any of the names in that thread is funny & IMO myopic..
Goodluck with your 1st "domain" approval.

Well I didn't look at every single name in the thread lol...... but looked at several from the first post and that was my conclusion.

No it doesn't make them any worse then ones I would reg myself, but if you wanna go out and reg every single domain that sounds half decent then you're going to be spending a lot of $$$ on names you think are only so-so. If you have the money to do it then sure, go for it.... but I try and limit my brandable buying to the ones that I think have a lot of potential and/or roll of the tongue and/or sound really good.

•••
The line between preference/priority and discrimination is too thin. This kind of idea is also susceptible of abuse. If i were the customer, i would rather go to the other shop that will treat me fairly. Sure any site - brandbucket/namerific has this preference in practice but i go for the less evil and would deliver the sales.

Bulk upload is not ideal in this business, rather limit the uploads either the no of domains or frequency.

I am limiting both the number of uploads and frequency for everyone. I cant figure out what you see unfair here. And, as I wrote in the system description post, we are in no hurry to take on hundreds of domainers. We want only the ones who know what a brandable is and who will make sales. We refuse to become a storehouse of everything like BB. Your domains will be lost there and getting a sale is slim to none. Look at mindoc, he has 70 listed names with zero sales. He paid $10 a listing for the ones he has a BB. We want to limit the amount of names we list that we know are unlikely to sale. BB will accept anything pronounceable only to add to their marketplace selection. This is terrible for the seller in so many ways.

What would be something to consider, is how readily that rating is changed, once a newer domainer learns what a great brandable is, and what a site wants for inventory and starts subbing better stuff, so once they get a better submissions to acceptance ratio.

I'm not totally sure what you're talking about here, but if its the domain score we plan to implement, that is how we plan to work it. The domain score we will have in place will fluctuate every single time a domain is accepted, rejected or sold. Everyone has an opportunity to raise their submission rate again and anyone can lose it.

•••

MindDoc: Just to put things in perspective, your first domain was published in July, and the bulk of the rest of them were published in late September and October. That is just over two months.

For anyone out there who thinks that brandable domains, or domaining in general is a "get rich quick" business, please be prepared to be disappointed. Any domain -- keyword or non-keyword -- that is being sold for over $500 takes time to sell. And the higher the price, the longer it can take. Brandables in particular have the particular (dis)pleasure of having to have the right buyer come along and fall in love with the sound. It takes years, and a lot of patience, to sell brandable names.

There are names owned by BrandBucket's parent company that recently sold that have been listed on BrandBucket since day one -- that was 2007, so they took 6 YEARS TO SELL. If you consider that our average selling price is about $2400, and we paid about $60 in registration fees over time, that's still a huge return.

•••
I'm not totally sure what you're talking about here, but if its the domain score we plan to implement, that is how we plan to work it. The domain score we will have in place will fluctuate every single time a domain is accepted, rejected or sold. Everyone has an opportunity to raise their submission rate again and anyone can lose it.

Yes that was what I was taking about. Makes sense to have an automatic algo for it! Thanks for clarifying.

•••
that's exactly what I said before, it could take 1 month or 8 years to sell a brandable name, so you better dig in for the long haul.

to achieve better success in sales and try to shorten the period from acquisition to sale - make sure your names are of higher quality.

imo

•••
I am limiting both the number of uploads and frequency for everyone. I cant figure out what you see unfair here. And, as I wrote in the system description post, we are in no hurry to take on hundreds of domainers. We want only the ones who know what a brandable is and who will make sales. We refuse to become a storehouse of everything like BB. Your domains will be lost there and getting a sale is slim to none. Look at mindoc, he has 70 listed names with zero sales. He paid $10 a listing for the ones he has a BB. We want to limit the amount of names we list that we know are unlikely to sale. BB will accept anything pronounceable only to add to their marketplace selection. This is terrible for the seller in so many ways.

Rating intakes is a good idea. I only list my own stuff and judging by what random people email me I'd not even consider it. Alot of people just don't get it.

To be honest I think Rader's site needs to improve a bit on name quality versus BB. However, the gap has closed alot recently with BB veering towards the inexplicable in the last 6 months or so. I really think he'll surpass BB in a year or two.

When he starts taking listings I would probably pull my BB listings in favor of his site to be honest. I would say it's the only real competitor to BB at this point. I'm including my own site in that assessment. :imho:

•••
Yes, there is always an element of luck, but investing without considering the stats is not much better than gambling in my opinion. I am still learning the ropes when it comes to brandables, but I am trying not to play beyond the numbers. Every month I recalculate the likelihood of sale based on reported sales (less than actual sales since some are removed, but I ignore that as a factor of safety) over stock size.

I then work out the gradient of the decrease in that likelihood and project it over a year, to give an estimate of the expected value (and profit) of my own sales. The biggest problem with BB accepting domains at a faster pace than they sell is that the chance of sale for the average brandable name is now decreasing every month. If things continue at the current rate then in a few years these marketplaces will no longer be attractive / viable for the average domainer. The only ways to put a stop to this are for them to sell more domains or make the acceptance criteria more stringent.

Cheers,
Darian

•••
MindDoc: Just to put things in perspective, your first domain was published in July, and the bulk of the rest of them were published in late September and October. That is just over two months.

For anyone out there who thinks that brandable domains, or domaining in general is a "get rich quick" business, please be prepared to be disappointed. Any domain -- keyword or non-keyword -- that is being sold for over $500 takes time to sell. And the higher the price, the longer it can take. Brandables in particular have the particular (dis)pleasure of having to have the right buyer come along and fall in love with the sound. It takes years, and a lot of patience, to sell brandable names.

There are names owned by BrandBucket's parent company that recently sold that have been listed on BrandBucket since day one -- that was 2007, so they took 6 YEARS TO SELL. If you consider that our average selling price is about $2400, and we paid about $60 in registration fees over time, that's still a huge return.

Thanks for your comment.
I am learning this hard lesson slowly. I was seriously hoping for at least a single sales by this time. The thing is If I don't make some sales within this year, I won't be able to afford to renew many of the domains next year. I have paid over $300 for just listing fees to your site. I just hope to see some returns on my investments.

Also, your policy of exclusivity is making things more difficult. I am not saying it is not right. From your point of view, you would feel cheated if you had design logo and list and we sell it somewhere else. But from a domain seller's point of view, it is making sales more difficult. For example, I had an offer for a domain listed at your site for around $2500. The buyer offered me $500, which will be a huge profit for me. But I had to let go because of your exclusivity.

Anyway, thanks for your perceptive. :)

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Well he says he has 70 domains listed already with no sales and linked to a thread with other he has found; I'm just saying IMO most of the names in that thread he linked I wouldn't personally reg myself; so if he has 70 names and hasn't sold any then perhaps he needs to be a bit more picky in what he is buying - just trying to save him some money :)

Thanks for your input. I do believe that most of my domains do have value. If they are that much unreasonable, I don't think they would have been accepted in the first place :). My complete list of brandables are linked here. You can go through and give your opinion of them. Also, what might be valuable to one person may sound silly to another. I concur mikeowoicho's statement that Luck has a role in selling brandables. Regarding my thread of available brandable domains, I just started it and will try to improve the quality of the available names.
Thanks for your input

Last edited:
•••
I have paid over $300 for just listing fees to your site. I just hope to see some returns on my investments.

Also, your policy of exclusivity is making things more difficult. I am not saying it is not right.

...you are paying for a listing on a boutique site with a fraction of Sedo eyeballs, filtered for quality and exclusively bound but doing nothing more than Sedo/TDNAM/Afternic/etc/etc for promotion (sorry, they do $5 logos)?? what a joke... why?

list for free at Sedo, Afternic, Godddy, Namerific and park with no ads option at DomainNameSales - lower comissions, wider audience, no exclusivity (wtf?), no upfront fees, you are in charge of pricing..

what you found that attractive in BB to pay for the listings and be bound by exclusivity limitations? compare sales volumes (brandables or whatever filter like 5L, 6L, etc you prefer) to the above listed marketplaces and feel the diff... as for me i got regular and steady influx of offers/requests from established venues vs a couple from Namerific for the last couple of months (~15 names there, going to delist all because of high commissions, huge amount of low quality inventory and random pricing)

best

•••
before you buy a barandable name, you should assume you will be renewing it for 5 - 10 years. If you assume you will be able to buy and flip these names in a year... you are looking at the wrong niche.

•••
I think way to many of US get caught up in one of these two categories

1. My name got accepted at one of these sites and that makes it a great name
2. My name didn't get accepted at one of these sites and that makes it a bad name

Neither one is true. None of the owners of Brand Bucket, Namerific, or BrandRoot have any branding or naming experience so who makes them the judge or jury. They just have a site that sells brandable names. Namerific is owned by Zane Gocha who is a nice guy but I remember when he was listing names at Brand Stack now known as Brand Crowd. He is a regular guy like you and I who has no formal training in Naming so just because a name was accepted or not accepted at Namerific means nothing. It's just his choice in taste. Same goes for Margot Bushnaq who owns Brand Bucket. This site got started because she was naming some of her own companies and had left over names that people liked so she started her own site. I don't know much about Michael Rader from Brand Root but from looking at the names on his site he has no formal training either but seems like a really nice guy.
Bottom line, try to follow the parameters that professional namers follow. Even companies like Addison Whitney, Catchword, ZinZin, A Hundred Monkeys etc..... come up with crappy names also. It's all personal taste. The consumer is clueless at what they are looking at and most of the names sold at these sites are bought only because they sound good even though the name means absolutely nothing. Listed below are some names from these sites that in my opinion suck but they got listed. I am sorry if anyone gets offended but this is only my opinion but honesty is the best policy because that's how we learn. I have names that suck also so we are all in this together.

Listed at Brand Bucket
TWAGIC
CESSINA trademark infringement of Cessna Aircraft Corporation
SHNOOPY
GROGGY DOGGY
TABLOMO
TWOOPIO
INFINIFTY
LET'S JEST
MUCKERY
OMGTY ??

Listed at BrandRoot
REINFORAY
SUNLID
PANDAVINE
PICKPOKE
LAZYLEGAL
JACKPOTA
NEWYUP
HUAROH
INWAI
DOUBAJ

Listed at Namerific
GRISB0N
SONOLLY
BONYUM
SEPHAUNT
STATUSBUBBLE
BOSSABLUE
BLUEABBEY
BULLETACCESS
OORKLE
HUWAII

Just remember if your name gets accepted that does not make it a great name and if it doesn't that does not make it a bad name. If you like the names you choose get out there and sell them because domaining is all about making money and having fun while you do it.

•••
I think way to many of US get caught up in one of these two categories

1. My name got accepted at one of these sites and that makes it a great name
2. My name didn't get accepted at one of these sites and that makes it a bad name

Neither one is true. None of the owners of Brand Bucket, Namerific, or BrandRoot have any branding or naming experience so who makes them the judge or jury. They just have a site that sells brandable names. Namerific is owned by Zane Gocha who is a nice guy but I remember when he was listing names at Brand Stack now known as Brand Crowd. He is a regular guy like you and I who has no formal training in Naming so just because a name was accepted or not accepted at Namerific means nothing. It's just his choice in taste. Same goes for Margot Bushnaq who owns Brand Bucket. This site got started because she was naming some of her own companies and had left over names that people liked so she started her own site. I don't know much about Michael Rader from Brand Root but from looking at the names on his site he has no formal training either but seems like a really nice guy.
Bottom line, try to follow the parameters that professional namers follow. Even companies like Addison Whitney, Catchword, ZinZin, A Hundred Monkeys etc..... come up with crappy names also. It's all personal taste. The consumer is clueless at what they are looking at and most of the names sold at these sites are bought only because they sound good even though the name means absolutely nothing. Listed below are some names from these sites that in my opinion suck but they got listed. I am sorry if anyone gets offended but this is only my opinion but honesty is the best policy because that's how we learn. I have names that suck also so we are all in this together.

Listed at Brand Bucket
TWAGIC
CESSINA trademark infringement of Cessna Aircraft Corporation
SHNOOPY
GROGGY DOGGY
TABLOMO
TWOOPIO
INFINIFTY
LET'S JEST
MUCKERY
OMGTY ??

Listed at BrandRoot
REINFORAY
SUNLID
PANDAVINE
PICKPOKE
LAZYLEGAL
JACKPOTA
NEWYUP
HUAROH
INWAI
DOUBAJ

Listed at Namerific
GRISB0N
SONOLLY
BONYUM
SEPHAUNT
STATUSBUBBLE
BOSSABLUE
BLUEABBEY
BULLETACCESS
OORKLE
HUWAII

Just remember if your name gets accepted that does not make it a great name and if it doesn't that does not make it a bad name. If you like the names you choose get out there and sell them because domaining is all about making money and having fun while you do it.

Post of the year on the topic IMO

•••
In the eyes of newbies, acceptance by BB and the clones has become the new benchmark of domain value after estibot :lala:

Guess what, all those specialist platforms have an incentive to take paid passengers on board - because they are charging a lot for the privilege and they have nothing to lose, the risk is all yours. But at the same time they must be careful not to dilute the overall quality of the portfolio. This is a delicate trade-off :)
But they always win, regardless of whether your domains get sold or not. Nice business model.

•••
Got lot of good names rejected by both :)
vioos is one of them ; )

•••

When you're in the field long enough you start to get a better idea about what works and what doesn't. This is more valuable than any training. You also have a keener eye on what names are starting up around since you're dedicated full-time+ to the business, as I am. I have also read and studied numerous books about branding and naming, which has allowed me to write about the subject extensively. That's not to say we may accept and list some iffy names, but these names even serve a purpose (at Brandroot) believe it or not. Without a few of the bad ones, how will the good ones shine and attract a buyer? That said, I would never intentionally accept a bad name from an outside individual but this has been part of my tactic since I started, listing a few bad ones of my own. For a similar reason I purchased high value 4-letter names (likely not to sell for some time), to help increase the overall value perception of the site. "Oh I can't afford this name, but oh... this name is nice and more in my price range. It's also a lot better than this ugly one sitting next to it so I better it get it quick." (probably shouldn't be shouting out strategy, but just making the point that when you're actually behind such a specialized business you develop a lot more reason and tactic. There's much more than picking and choosing. Almost every month I let about 10-20 names expire from my portfolio. Some names truly are bad and should not be allowed to waste money. Doubaj, Sunlid etc.... probably on my drop list. lol

And thank you, I am a nice guy... for the most part. :)

Also, your policy of exclusivity is making things more difficult. I am not saying it is not right. From your point of view, you would feel cheated if you had design logo and list and we sell it somewhere else. But from a domain seller's point of view, it is making sales more difficult. For example, I had an offer for a domain listed at your site for around $2500. The buyer offered me $500, which will be a huge profit for me. But I had to let go because of your exclusivity.

I agree, exclusivity is a touchy subject. At Brandroot, we will require it too. It definitely didn't make me happy at BrandBucket but it's just one of those things that needs to be or you're just wasting time and money listing and designing names. However, at Brandroot, when a name gets sold outside our site we realize there's little we can do to prevent it and would hate for the owner to miss out on a sale (like your situation), so we are asking that sellers at least send payment for the agreed logo amount award, since the logo designer is really what concerns us most. The logo is really what makes this business model work and we don't want to starve the designers.

what you found that attractive in BB to pay for the listings and be bound by exclusivity limitations? compare sales volumes (brandables or whatever filter like 5L, 6L, etc you prefer) to the above listed marketplaces and feel the diff... as for me i got regular and steady influx of offers/requests from established venues vs a couple from Namerific for the last couple of months (~15 names there, going to delist all because of high commissions, huge amount of low quality inventory and random pricing)

A lot of end-buyers don't know anything about SEDO and other marketplaces. They are terribly unattractive and very difficult and time-consuming to search through the trash. It's not for the business man looking for a nice, quick name for their new idea. What do these types of people do? They don't go to SEDO, they search Google for phrases like "cool business names." or "creative business name" (and so many others) where they will find at the top, BB, Brandroot etc.... not SEDO or Afternic. We are attracting a very different buyer, and all to your advantage. It's really hard to compare the two.

We're not selling domains (well we are) but it's not the domain name marketplace, its a business name marketplace. Some customers surprisingly do not know exactly what a domain is and it has to be explained to them. You would never find this person at a GoDaddy auction.

Last edited:
•••
Now take the owner of Qubix.com held for 11 years sold yesterday for $10,000

•••
I like Qubix.com and I like it even more when I see QubixMedia.com, QubixInternational.com, QubixTech.com, QubixSolutions.com, QubixElectronics.com, and about 40 others.
This is a prime example of why Phive.com was a great buy at Godaddy auctions the other day. Lots of companies using Phive in the same exact way as Qubix. Quick sale at low X,XXX or sit and possibly get XX,XXX

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back