Dynadot

question-answered How many WARNINGS before ACCOUNT RESTRICTED?

NameSilo
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
As someone who gets rule violation warnings on the regular I find myself uniquely qualified to know how many rule violation warnings you get before you get your account restricted.

nothing is more annoying than getting your account restricted.

it means all your posts on here get delayed until mods get around to your post to moderate.

I understand the need for rules and punishment for breaking said rules but even then process by with punishment is distribute has to have rules too.

so let’s make it official.

how many rule violations does a member on here need to commit before their account is restricted?

The last time for me it took a while after the first warning. Like 2-4 other consecutive rule violations.

This recent account restriction? I got one in May and now one today.

with that said. Shouldn’t there be a “good behavior reset” if a member has “behaved” say 3 months since the last violation or warning?

also as far as these violations are concerned are these part of each member’s “permanent record”?

What I mean is say a member commits 2-4 violations which results in an account restriction. Once the account restriction is lifted are those 2-4 violations deleted and reset? or are they forever used as points against the member? which explains why after a warning it takes just one rule violation not 2 or 4 before an account is restricted because past violations were never deleted after last account restricted. If this is the case it needs to be clarified here unless it already is somewhere in the rules.

it can’t be maybe your account will get restricted after 1 violation or 5 violations.

things needs to be black and white clear.

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ie: I don’t report. People don’t get banned …I report. People get banned

Last edited:
•••
•••
You just broke another rule
Me too. It’s why i had to change my Monsters Inc Avatar.

Apparently, it infringed on Disney’s IP.
I dont even like Disney, it was an ode to Rob

Am i infringing on epik’s I.P. this time?
@Alfa Mod Team
@Bravo Mod Team
@Echo Mod Team

Please dont say which one enforced.
I am complying, and hopefully not make it seem like i’m attacking NP.

This new avatar is near and dear to me.
I find it inspiring,

Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
As someone who gets rule violation warnings on the regular
Great way to start this thread. :-D

how many rule violations does a member on here need to commit before their account is restricted?
Answer: https://www.namepros.com/threads/how-many-warnings-before-account-restricted.1250451/#post-8380693

As an example, if you commit fraud, then it only takes a single violation. If you do something small like content misclassification, then it'll take a lot more. For the less serious violations, they're largely based on frequency (occurrences over time).

Shouldn’t there be a “good behavior reset” if a member has “behaved” say 3 months since the last violation or warning?
Most warnings do expire after a period of time.

also as far as these violations are concerned are these part of each member’s “permanent record”?
Yes, but once they expire, they don't automatically count against you. Your history on NamePros, not exclusive to active/expired warnings, is taken into consideration when we're deciding whether you need a restriction.

like for me? It’s usually because I post mainly in the general discussion section.
I understand what I do creates more work for mods.
Please don't create more work for us; it may distract us from more vital tasks, such as preventing fraud.

Am i infringing on epik’s I.P. this time?
. . .
This new avatar is near and dear to me.
I find it inspiring,
That is up to Epik; if @Rob Monster is fine with it, then you're allowed to use it as your avatar.

things needs to be black and white clear.
That's our preference, but the world is not always that simple.

We hope that helps.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back