Dynadot

poll How many .xyz names did you register after you heard about abc.xyz?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How many .xyz names did you register AFTER you heard about ABC.xyz

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 1-5

votes
    11.0%
  • 6-10

votes
    1.8%
  • 11-20

votes
    3.1%
  • 21-40

votes
    3.7%
  • 41-60

votes
    0.0%
  • 61-80

votes
    0.0%
  • 81-100

vote
    0.6%
  • 101+

votes
    5.5%

votes
    74.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

DNVantage

Established Member
Impact
How many .xyz names did you register after you heard about abc.xyz?

What is your .xyz total now?

How many more .xyz names are you planning to register in next 30 days?

How much % of your total portfolio is .xyz?

My answers:
  • .xyz registered after news : 2
  • Holding total .xyz : 2
  • Planning to register more in next 30 days : 10
  • Current % of .xyz in full portfolio: 2%

Comments?

P.S. I forgot to include bought 'zero' option in poll, so please mention it in your comment. but hey, at $1 why not buy at least one? ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For me:

.xyz registered after news : 0
Holding total .xyz : 0
Planning to register more in next 30 days : 0
Current % of .xyz in full portfolio: 0%

•••
For me:

.xyz registered after news : 0
Holding total .xyz : 0
Planning to register more in next 30 days : 0
Current % of .xyz in full portfolio: 0%

Ditto 0 is a nice number for this extension. If anything, I bought a few .COMs!

•••
•••
I didn't register any, simply because I'm not registering just now. As with the other new generic domains, I think they have very good potential.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Google bought Alphabet.hockey, will this start a new craze? :rolleyes:

•••
•••
LOL Why would anyone want a .xyz?

•••
LOL Why would anyone want a .xyz?

Probably the same reason people registered .directory and all the others. Make a profit or develope it.

If Finance.directory can sell for $6500.00 this early in the game, anything can. JMO. :xf.wink:

•••
Probably the same reason people registered .directory and all the others. Make a profit or develope it.

If Finance.directory can sell for $6500.00 this early in the game, anything can. JMO.

1 sale doesn't make an extension a success, 1 buyer got lucky and the buyer probably only bought the name because the .COM and CCTLD's were taken

I have checked this with multiple threads pumping a new extension...Just have a look at all the new extension threads over the last few years, see the hype, the crazy domain registrations, everyone talking up the extension, everyone posting the few sales that were mainly by the registry anyway (or from a domainer to another domainer)....then have a look at the posting dates and you see the last few pages, the time between post gets larger and larger until it stops.....

Then check some of the names registered now, and they are all available??? Surely there is pattern forming here

By all means go and grab 2 or 3 names if you want and if the keywords are good and suit the extension perfectly, but dont crazy registering loads of crappy keywords in even crappier extensions

Just trying to save you some money here, good luck everyone

•••
Yeah, flowers.mobi is solid, irrefutable proof that .mobi is the next-generaton of domains!

•••
1 sale doesn't make an extension a success, 1 buyer got lucky and the buyer probably only bought the name because the .COM and CCTLD's were taken

It's not one sale, several new gTLD sales are taking place and it's only been a year for many new extensions. It's not pumping but rather facts as these are confirmed sales that I speak of.

I truly understand that .com is currently king but this isn't the old days of .mobi as many like to keep bringing up. It's a new day, you're correct only reg what you can as it's not an overnight business venture. Although if you can run with the big dogs no need to stay on the porch as new gTLDS are not going anywhere.

I own .com domains but I'm not going to pay their over inflated prices as a domainer at this juncture therefore dipping into new gTLDS is a long term run and maybe my bobber will get a few hits sooner than later and I can snag a fish or two.

What is funny is when all the hard core .com investors jump into the gTLD arena and derail them like a deer in headlights. Why? LOL

•••
It's not one sale, several new gTLD sales are taking place and it's only been a year for many new extensions

These sales happen with every new extension (check Mike Mann and .CO)..its all caused by domainer hype, ask the average business owner/exec/end-user out there about the new extensions and see what they say? I have asked before and 95% havent got a clue what they are that they even exist

•••
Exactly. You're seeing neophilia at its best. Even LLL .mobi's were worth a good bundle long ago. These sales mean 100% nothing more than ppl are holding hopes to a new gTLD. Nothing new.

These sales happen with every new extension (check Mike Mann and .CO)..its all caused by domainer hype, ask the average business owner/exec/end-user out there about the new extensions and see what they say? I have asked before and 95% havent got a clue what they are that they even exist

•••
I have asked before and 95% havent got a clue what they are that they even exist

Fine, that's your personal survey which probably included not many. Look I have no problem with your opinion but unless you can predict the future, stick to what you like which is only .com.

Like I said new gTLDS are here to stay, so is .com, what the future holds NO one knows.

•••
I truly understand that .com is currently king but this isn't the old days of .mobi as many like to keep bringing up. It's a new day, you're correct only reg what you can as it's not an overnight business venture.

It's a new day. Do this, go to namebio, dnprices and look up first year sales of .mobi, first year sales of .xyz.

Using the stats from Namebio and dnprices, In over a year, .xyz has 4 sales over $1,000, that's including the dealz.xyz sale which I don't if that went thru, and dnprices has 3, they don't have the customer.xyz sale

.mobi had 11 sales over $100,000 from 2006-2009

today .mobi is getting more sales over $1,000 than .xyz during same time period, it's had 4 in the last 5 months, according to namebio. But who knows, there is a premium auction going on, so maybe more will break that $1,000 barrier.

As far as long term, again, go to namebio, type in 20,001 and check .co.

2010 - 14
2011 - 10
2014 - 2
this year - 0

Last edited:
•••
It's a new day. Do this, go to namebio, dnprices and look up first year sales of .mobi, first year sales of .xyz.

Using the stats from Namebio and dnprices, In over a year, .xyz has 4 sales over $1,000, that's including the dealz,xyz sale and dnprices has 3, they don't have the customer.xyz sale

.mobi had 11 sales over $100,000 from 2006-2009

today .mobi is getting more sales over $1,000 than .xyz, it's have 4 in the last 5 months

You crack me up JB, I wondered how long it would take you to jump in, I was waiting. Here you go again with stats from 2006-2009 and the new gTLDS have just been born. You can't compare then and now although you try.

(Rude / instigating comment removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
You can get rid of, utilize the block function. I know you're not much into stats, history and stuff like that. And the stats are posted to show what kind of big sales .mobi got or how the big sales tend to happen early on. I keep hearing, wait, wait, wait, well which new one from the past went up while waiting? We have more recent ones like .me and .co to look at. You see different?

You say New Day, I agree. The ones in the past had the spotlight to themselves, that helped with the sales. Now? Go ahead and list all the sales over $1,000 for .xyz.

Last edited:
•••
You can get rid of, utilize the block function.

Is that the best you can do, insult me again with having a block disorder? You must have some connection, maybe family member to this site or your butt would have have been booted long ago.

I appreciate your opinion but your constant Insults are disturbing.

•••
Is that the best you can do, insult me again with having a block disorder? You must have some connection, maybe family member to this site or your butt would have have been booted long ago.

I appreciate your opinion but your constant Insults are disturbing.

I wasn't insulting you at all, I said use the block feature Namepros and all (good) forums have. Add me to your block/ignore list and you won't see my posts. Here, just add me, very simple - https://www.namepros.com/account/ignored

•••
Yep. And .biz and .info being juggernauts prove your beliefs well.

Like I said new gTLDS are here to stay, so is .com, what the future holds NO one knows.

•••
Fine, that's your personal survey which probably included not many. Look I have no problem with your opinion but unless you can predict the future, stick to what you like which is only .com.

Over 150 end-users actually with the same answer for every single one, coincidence?? I think not......I dare you to ask a few and feel free to post the results here...most of the people I spoke to were companies I have sold names to in the past

I don't stick to .com, but any cctld that has proven sales like .co.uk, .de etc

Regging these names is falling for the hype of all new extensions, dont fall for it, I'm serious, you will regret it come renewal time (maybe next year or the year after) because you wont even be able to flip most of them to fellow domainers, because most of them realize the hype is just "domainer hype"

Set a reminder for 12 months and 24 months and see how they have developed, and what has happened to all the names registered on here? I can tell you exactly what will happen...

•••
I dare you to ask a few and feel free to post the results here..

I have better things to do than supposedly ask 150 companies if they have ever heard of new extensions. Please share your results again in 5 years.

•••
I have better things to do than supposedly ask 150 companies if they have ever heard of new extensions.

I bet you do :lookaround: Try asking just 2 or 3 then, I dare you

I can guarantee you that all the new extensions names you have registered will be available in 5 years time, possibly even earlier

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back