IT.COM

poll How many .xyz names did you register after you heard about abc.xyz?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How many .xyz names did you register AFTER you heard about ABC.xyz

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 1-5

votes
    11.0%
  • 6-10

votes
    1.8%
  • 11-20

votes
    3.1%
  • 21-40

votes
    3.7%
  • 41-60

votes
    0.0%
  • 61-80

votes
    0.0%
  • 81-100

vote
    0.6%
  • 101+

votes
    5.5%

votes
    74.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

DNVantage

Established Member
Impact
How many .xyz names did you register after you heard about abc.xyz?

What is your .xyz total now?

How many more .xyz names are you planning to register in next 30 days?

How much % of your total portfolio is .xyz?

My answers:
  • .xyz registered after news : 2
  • Holding total .xyz : 2
  • Planning to register more in next 30 days : 10
  • Current % of .xyz in full portfolio: 2%

Comments?

P.S. I forgot to include bought 'zero' option in poll, so please mention it in your comment. but hey, at $1 why not buy at least one? ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Why dare me?

I think becasue you wont, and thats because you know you wont like the answer

•••
I think becasue you wont, and thats because you know you wont like the answer

Your debate is without merit, new gTLDS are only a year old. A few people have in fact learned about new extensions, look around here and enjoy. www.sold.domains

•••
Don't get personal guys respect each other and their opinion, have constructive criticism. We are not here to fight but to learn. Just because we don't see each other that should not make us more hard with each other. Take deep breaths and smile.

If the Ngtlds stay in the future fine we will trade on that, If the .com stays we trade in that like we do now. So what matter to us, which stays or not? We will trade what the trend is in the future.

•••
Im here to give some advice

Your debate is without merit

My opinion is only based on merit, the sales stand and the proof is right in front of you

these are mainly registry sales, go and check. at least check before saying something is successful or not

•••
I got only 4 .xyz for $1 each
Designs.xyz
Invoice.xyz
LearningABC.xyz
CloudBrowser.xyz

•••
Imo google bought that domain just because it happened to be very fitting for their new alphabet brand - not because .xyz is the future...

I also think one surprisingly big reason .xyz will ultimately fail is because it's three syllables; it's just far too much for an extension. One syllable has proven to be a must for being a top web extension, think about it: .com, .net, .org.

So I confidently invested in 0 .xyz's after google purchase.

•••
I got 5 of them @ $1 each

Alphaco.xyz
YourAlphabet.xyz
OurAlphabet.xyz
AlphabetStore.xyz
AlphabetCompany.xyz

•••
Alphaco.xyz
YourAlphabet.xyz
OurAlphabet.xyz
AlphabetStore.xyz
AlphabetCompany.xyz

I would say you are playing with trademark issues here? Why would you register these names, because Google's parent company is called Alphabet?

•••
I would say you are playing with trademark issues here? Why would you register these names, because Google's parent company is called Alphabet?
No. Trademark issues? Maybe, maybe not. I think it depends what you are referring to when you "utilize" alphabet in your website. In other words, Giles, should apple fruit sellers be worried about trademark issues when registering an apple-based domain and using it for "fruit selling" purposes? In my case there is no reference to Google at all. The "alphabet" was here long before Google decided to use it for their purposes. In fact, my domains are pointing to educational , historical data about our English alphabet.

•••
No. Trademark issues? Maybe, maybe not. I think it depends what you are referring to when you "utilize"alphabet in your website. In other words, Giles, should apple fruit sellers be worried about trademark issues when registering an apple-based domain and using it for "fruit selling" purposes? In my case there is no reference to Google at all. The "alphabet" was here long before Google decided to use it for their purposes. In fact, my domains are pointing to educational , historical data about our English alphabet.

ok thats fine then, its about usage when you comes to TM's, so if you plan on creating an educational site on the alphabet, then you will be fine, it just looked like a coincidence when Google get ABC.XYZ and domainers start registering "Alphabet" names...I apologize for my assumptions if thats not the case

Its also not about "who was here first", Apples were around long before the company Apple, you still cant register an Apple domain and infringe on their TM by using it for a tech company, sell nice juicy apples and you will be fine

•••
ok thats fine then, its about usage when you comes to TM's, so if you plan on creating an educational site on the alphabet, then you will be fine, it just looked like a coincidence when Google get ABC.XYZ and domainers start registering "Alphabet" names...I apologize for my assumptions if thats not the case

Its also not about "who was here first", Apples were around long before the company Apple, you still cant register an Apple domain and infringe on their TM by using it for a tech company, sell nice juicy apples and you will be fine
I am glad we agree... :)

•••
Bingo.

Imo google bought that domain just because it happened to be very fitting for their new alphabet brand - not because .xyz is the future...

I also think one surprisingly big reason .xyz will ultimately fail is because it's three syllables; it's just far too much for an extension. One syllable has proven to be a must for being a top web extension, think about it: .com, .net, .org.

So I confidently invested in 0 .xyz's after google purchase.

•••
...but why? I suppose $1 per isn't too bad an investment. It makes your losses more bearable.

I got 5 of them @ $1 each

Alphaco.xyz
YourAlphabet.xyz
OurAlphabet.xyz
AlphabetStore.xyz
AlphabetCompany.xyz

•••
...but why? I suppose $1 per isn't too bad an investment. It makes your losses more bearable.
Losses? Is that what you really think will happen here with only a $5 investment in these 5.xyz domains? The upside is more probable in the near future IMO.

•••
The worst that can happen is not losing the reg fee. There is also the legal risk (UDRP/ACPA) even though it's unlikely. These names are worthless anyway. Google won't buy them and nobody will use them precisely in order to avoid TM issues. There is no future in that TLD anyway.

•••
I've grabbed 15 .xyz names, all for $1 each from NameCheap. All of them are one word keyword based (4-5 characters, no more). Meaningful and high exact search dictionary words/keywords. Ex: Tyres.xyz

Names like Customer.xyz sold for over 500-600$ and I just took a risk and I believe 15$ is worth the risk for these short 4-letter words. Hope it pays off!

•••
Alphabet in Italy is ABCDEFGHILMNOPQRSTUVZ
We don't have XY (and JK)
I can't register domains with 2 out of 3 letter of the extension that doesn't exist in our alphabet.

•••
Go big or go home right? Hahaha ^^

•••

However, believe it or not, I am planning to acquire a few one-word new GTLDs in the aftermarket in the near future, including .xyz

•••
I bought TLDs.xyz, gTLDs.xyz and Velo.xyz

•••
Some TLDs are timeless or have indestructible meanings.. .com, .org, .club, .work, etc.

Other TLDs are fads.. .cc, .mobi, .xyz

The 15 minutes I believe is up for .xyz but investors will continue buying for a little bit longer in thoughts that the value will continue to increase more.

Last edited:
•••
No need for apologies. The reason for registering those is glaringly obvious.

Last edited:
•••
I never got any .xyz the truth is the only one I saw with any real value was the one "I did try to get" and that was in fact abc.xyz which was already gone before this thread was started. Apart from that the rest are all a bunch of ggTLD's generic generics and not even worth registering imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back