Dynadot

question How much is the .net increase on January 31, 2024?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Allysin

Established Member
Impact
I got an Email from Porkbun stating the following:

We hate starting off a new year with some tough news, but this is one we have to share. The registry behind .net is increasing the price industry-wide on January 31, 2024. This change affects every domain registrar, not just us.

To lock in current .net pricing, grab that .net domain name you've been thinking about or renew your existing .net domains up to the maximum 10 years before the price goes up!

My question is - how much is this increase? And how much are registrars likeky to increase the cost of .net renewals and transfers? Are you all renewing your .net domains before January 31st?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably a 99 cent increase. That's the increase at Verisign, the .net registry.

•••
•••
Where is a good place to transfer these?

•••
I believe spaceship.com has the cheapest .net transfers and renewals currently.
Personally I'm pondering just dropping whatever .net I have left.

•••
A 99 cent per year price increase won't break the bank, unless we're talking about thousands of domains under ownership. Unfortunately, every year Verisign will increase the base price (what it charges registrars) for .com and .net by 7%, all thanks to ICANN approving its contract without any alternate competitive bidding.

That being said, most domain registrars offer lower prices for transfers in, than the registration price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back