Dynadot

discuss How much is your Crypto portfolio?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zattack

Established Member
Impact
Mine is very small, around mid $x,xxx.
What's yours?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Spent most of my crypto holdings in june-july, when BTC was $7k. Very little left at present.
Looking at nearly 6x Bitcoin price now, it gives me a heartache.

•••
I still hate myself for donating $100 worth BTC to a WordPress developer for a free theme in 2013.

Spent most of my crypto holdings in june-july, when BTC was $7k. Very little left at present.
Looking at nearly 6x Bitcoin price now, it gives me a heartache.

•••
I still hate myself for donating $100 worth BTC to a WordPress developer for a free theme in 2013.
About $4K... don't beat yourself up to much.

•••

That $100 worth is just about $33k today.
Staying invested in multiple avenues is a good financial strategy.

•••
That $100 worth is just about $33k today.
Staying invested in multiple avenues is a good financial strategy.
Bitcoin ranged from $14 to about $1100 that year.

•••
0$ , crypto trading is totally illegal in my country but has a wish to invest in ETH Currency.

•••
•••
I advise everyone not to mention if they own crypto, especially how much. Mid $x,xxx could be $xxx,xxx in 10 years and it may make you a target in the future. Anything on the internet is forever, and there will likely be criminal organizations built around this kind of thing.

•••
or it may be zero

funny how people always look bright on btc or crypto future

most cryptos u see today will not exist in years time...

that's the thing about cryptos..which makes it terrible investment and not even an asset... volatile and unpredictable.

in other words u got no clue if btc will be 5k when u wake up tomorrow or 50k... and worst u got zero control where it will go

to sum it up... unless u got money to spare never buy cryptos.. do not ever buy it with yer kid college fund..or yer rent cash..or yer food cash etc... u get the point..

cause the one undisputed truth fact verifiable about cryptos is this.. it has overall made way more people poorer than richer

and that's all u gotta know

•••
or it may be zero

funny how people always look bright on btc or crypto future

most cryptos u see today will not exist in years time...

that's the thing about cryptos..which makes it terrible investment and not even an asset... volatile and unpredictable.

in other words u got no clue if btc will be 5k when u wake up tomorrow or 50k... and worst u got zero control where it will go

to sum it up... unless u got money to spare never buy cryptos.. do not ever buy it with yer kid college fund..or yer rent cash..or yer food cash etc... u get the point..

cause the one undisputed truth fact verifiable about cryptos is this.. it has overall made way more people poorer than richer

and that's all u gotta know

I agree that most will not exist in a few years and that there is a reasonable amount to invest in anything , so don't invest your college fund or mortgage the house; However, BTC is most certainly an asset worth considering when the global financial system is breaking down and people are being cut off from banking for wrongthink. It may crash, but it also may be the only thing that allows you to transact at some point in the future.

•••
well 1yr ago maybe I decided to cash out few of my dn sales in crypto .. to binance..so I can learn trade ropes and get feet wet with exchanges etc... I think the cash values total sales regardless of various btc values for each were total 10k...since then I learned a lot...made some plus trades.. but mostly bad ones considering my folio value on binance now about 5k.. if strictly compare that 10k I would have had in bank cash...

but of course...I gained priceless experience.. so I hope now to get better..few good trades and we all know how easy 5k can become 10k again.

was close to having round 1btc before the big 40k jump...so I'd be bit richer but gods wanted me to click buy on yfii when it was on roll at 6.5k... soon after it crashed.

of well in cryptos being close doesnt do it.. millions were close like me to doing right trade..but they didnt .so being close does not count. ;)

Last edited:
•••
well 1yr ago maybe I decided to cash out few of my dn sales in crypto .. to binance..so I can learn trade ropes and get feet wet with exchanges etc... I think the cash values total sales regardless of various btc values for each were total 10k...since then I learned a lot...made some plus trades.. but mostly bad ones considering my folio value on binance now about 5k.. if strictly compare that 10k I would have had in bank cash...

but of course...I gained priceless experience.. so I hope now to get better..few good trades and we all know how easy 5k can become 10k again.

was close to having round 1btc before the big 40k jump...so I'd be bit richer but gods wanted me to click buy on yfii when it was on roll at 6.5k... soon after it crashed.

of well in cryptos being close doesnt do it.. millions were close like me to doing right trade..but they didnt .so being close does not count. ;)

To sum this up:
Option 1: Trade and lose 50% of value
Option 2: Hold cash and lose the value of inflation
Option 3: Hold BTC and gain 5x in 1 year

One lesson I hope you learned is that by doing nothing you could have had better returns with no tax implications. Most people (90-95%) that trade lose money because they do not know what they're doing. Most people also don't understand the basics of crypto and invest like they're picking stocks. Diversification is not always a strength. There is almost no valid reason to expect any project besides Bitcoin to work in the long term. One day there may be a project that gets it right, but even Ethereum is one failure after another. Would you get rid of Apple stock for "emerging" technology penny stocks?

A blockchain makes sense for the most valuable use case in existence, money. For everything else to date, it either works better on existing systems or should be built on top of Bitcoin. Most projects are just ways to take your BTC. You can't run the internet, tokenization of the world, or finance contracts on a blockchain that gets clogged up when people trade digital kittens. Smart contracts are just contracts written in a language you can't read. A blockchain can't control anything outside of the blockchain, and most projects rely on centralization to work. I hope a project gets it right in the future, but to date all I've seen are ideas that sound nice but have no long term execution, and often a poor understanding of what a blockchain can actually do.

•••
To sum this up:
Option 1: Trade and lose 50% of value
Option 2: Hold cash and lose the value of inflation
Option 3: Hold BTC and gain 5x in 1 year

One lesson I hope you learned is that by doing nothing you could have had better returns with no tax implications. Most people (90-95%) that trade lose money because they do not know what they're doing. Most people also don't understand the basics of crypto and invest like they're picking stocks. Diversification is not always a strength. There is almost no valid reason to expect any project besides Bitcoin to work in the long term. One day there may be a project that gets it right, but even Ethereum is one failure after another. Would you get rid of Apple stock for "emerging" technology penny stocks?

A blockchain makes sense for the most valuable use case in existence, money. For everything else to date, it either works better on existing systems or should be built on top of Bitcoin. Most projects are just ways to take your BTC. You can't run the internet, tokenization of the world, or finance contracts on a blockchain that gets clogged up when people trade digital kittens. Smart contracts are just contracts written in a language you can't read. A blockchain can't control anything outside of the blockchain, and most projects rely on centralization to work. I hope a project gets it right in the future, but to date all I've seen are ideas that sound nice but have no long term execution, and often a poor understanding of what a blockchain can actually do.

yer right in many things...but I have a serious problem with people who say they knew for sure btc would go up ... no one knows for sure.. they can hope..believe..speculate.. but they cannot know for sure..

there is another guy here I keep talking too who says but I told u it will go up... all I'm trying to say is he didnt know for sure...

ya...that stupid freaking 1 split second click on yfii when it hit 6.5k high... I lost a few nights lol..no lol..but seriously it will go down as one of stupidest things in my life...

then it fell all the way to 1k or so.. and to buy it at 6.5k few months back I remember i switched from my like 0.9btc or so..

but hey that's crypto
who knew... no one... this is why it's wrong for some to say they know for sure...cause if knowing for sure was doable then they'd be sheet loads more millionaires from btc...

anyway bravo to all who guessed right..50k per btc is ton of cash..spend wisely.. try not to keep usdt..maybe even off exchanges...cause usdt going to court just matter of time..and they will lose...fraud etc...

when that happens u do not want to own usdt..and whatever else u own u prolly wanna be off exchanges with it.

there is ton of btc price manipulation..even usdt is part of it..then u got whales..fomo..etc.. btc will go up more..but it will also go down.. its just that with all the big companies buying in.. it will take a while before its 10 or 20k again. .but it will get there...

•••
Nothing is guaranteed, but the design of Bitcoin cuts block rewards in half every four years. This cuts the supply of new BTC available to the market in half regardless of demand. Unlike typical assets like gold that increase production with increased demand, Bitcoin supply is going down even as demand increases. Nobody knew for sure what would happen, but it was likely that 2021 was going to be a bull market, just like 2025 will likely be a bull market. It's a function of supply and demand.

It is unlikely BTC will ever drop below $20k again. Past price performance doesn't guarantee future performance, but BTC has never dropped below it's old all time high once it has passed it again and starts a new bull run.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened with Yfii, but plenty of people understand that defi is most likely just a fad like ICO's. There are lots of scams, poor coding, etc. It's not because they're smart necessarily, but because they've seen the same thing before. In a few years there will be a new use case that is the "future of crypto" or "Blockchain 4.0". Bitcoin will probably be hitting $1m in 2025 and new people will make the same mistakes they always make. Your story about Yfii is the same story as people losing a lot in ICO's in 2017, and there will be similar stories in 4 more years about the next craze. We've all made mistakes, especially early on. Just don't let it create a bias that prevents you from making proper analysis of the market now and in the future.

Best of luck!

•••
Nothing is guaranteed, but the design of Bitcoin cuts block rewards in half every four years. This cuts the supply of new BTC available to the market in half regardless of demand. Unlike typical assets like gold that increase production with increased demand, Bitcoin supply is going down even as demand increases. Nobody knew for sure what would happen, but it was likely that 2021 was going to be a bull market, just like 2025 will likely be a bull market. It's a function of supply and demand.

It is unlikely BTC will ever drop below $20k again. Past price performance doesn't guarantee future performance, but BTC has never dropped below it's old all time high once it has passed it again and starts a new bull run.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened with Yfii, but plenty of people understand that defi is most likely just a fad like ICO's. There are lots of scams, poor coding, etc. It's not because they're smart necessarily, but because they've seen the same thing before. In a few years there will be a new use case that is the "future of crypto" or "Blockchain 4.0". Bitcoin will probably be hitting $1m in 2025 and new people will make the same mistakes they always make. Your story about Yfii is the same story as people losing a lot in ICO's in 2017, and there will be similar stories in 4 more years about the next craze. We've all made mistakes, especially early on. Just don't let it create a bias that prevents you from making proper analysis of the market now and in the future.

Best of luck!

tnx
but dont u think 1mil per btc Is just too many millionaires too easily for someones liking..govt etc... I think someone will stop..regulate..etc... if it gets out of hand.. I think 1mil per btc is out of hand. no?

•••
as for btc crashing now...soon...well...I think overall on web u will find way more people saying yes..then no... just one article..with all valid points... btc is having nice run but its number one characteristic and problem...volatility... is anything but resolved just by a new record run.

link..

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-going-crash-big-173013673.html

Last edited:
•••

Best of luck!

or these arguments...hard to argue with them no? and yet.. u believe in 1mil per btc.. I guess like i said no one knows for sure...if it was possible many or all would be rich.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2021/01/13/bitcoin-crash-2021-what-next/?sh=6de2efb9537a

•••
tnx
but dont u think 1mil per btc Is just too many millionaires too easily for someones liking..govt etc... I think someone will stop..regulate..etc... if it gets out of hand.. I think 1mil per btc is out of hand. no?

I think it's likely for there to be a fight with government, possibly very soon, although it's difficult to say because of the incentives to join instead of fight. It could also be that the US embraces BTC if it is a way for them to fight losing reserve currency status to Euro/CNY/etc. I don't think that's likely, but it is one of many possibilities.

There are two lessons here. The first is to not have too much money you need in the near to intermediate term invested in an asset with this kind of risk. The second is the same as any investment, which is to not have too much invested in any one asset regardless of perceived safety/risk, as well as taking profits so that you can sleep easy at night. IMO, the value of any asset isn't out of hand regardless of the value, but agree that regulators will think differently.

as for btc crashing now...soon...well...I think overall on web u will find way more people saying yes..then no... just one article..with all valid points... btc is having nice run but its number one characteristic and problem...volatility... is anything but resolved just by a new record run.

The crowd is often wrong, especially when many points against BTC have been proven wrong for years. They could be right of course, but many people saying the same thing doesn't make it true. There are plenty of people that think DOGE should be $1, but that doesn't mean it's justified. I'm sure plenty of people were saying Yfii was going to $10k, $20k, etc.

Be careful about listening to the old finance world about new finance. Even when they do decide to join the party they often apply Industrial Age thinking to the Information Age and get things wrong. Bitcoin must crash now because it doesn't work with their metrics, but most said the same thing when BTC was $1, $10, $100, $1000, $10000, etc. Bubbles don't pop and come back multiple times. Plenty of horse carriage businesses probably thought cars would never be successful, and early on they may have seemed correct. If new technology was obvious, it would already exist.

or these arguments...hard to argue with them no? and yet.. u believe in 1mil per btc.. I guess like i said no one knows for sure...if it was possible many or all would be rich.

I believe there is an infinite amount of fiat money that can flow into a finite amount of BTC. That might mean $100k is the most it will achieve, and it might mean $10m. It could even mean $0, but the chance of that is close to 0 at this stage IMO. That money may flow into another asset instead, but the digital world needs a digital currency. Satoshi's Box has been opened and there's no putting it back inside.

Last edited:
•••
so btc 53k soon

it's nice.. but bigger climb can mean longer fall

yfii I bought for 6.5k once...hit 3.6k today... I sold my 1.5 yfii for 2.7k total recently..luckily at same time doge was on run.. so I pumped my usdt to round 5k..which is where I'm now.. still way away from 10k total in domain sales I started with on binance and transfered there.. hope to get even one day..trying to trade careful. hopefully learned some lessons..

p.s. @Satoshi's Domains bnb is incredible run now...where do u see it go in future?

Last edited:
•••
I know it appears harmless discussing holdings, but isn't much upside to it. Telling people publicly about your bags, especially the amount...bit risky

•••
Haven't sold any looking to now
Invested knowledge into crypto heavily a year ago

1 year renewal sunk costs now dropping losers

•••
I know it appears harmless discussing holdings, but isn't much upside to it. Telling people publicly about your bags, especially the amount...bit risky

true.. u better keep quiet if u own more than a bunch of bitcoins..otherwise.. if you got few 1000s then who cares

it's like reporting a 4fig domain sale.

•••
Haven't sold any looking to now
Invested knowledge into crypto heavily a year ago

1 year renewal sunk costs now dropping losers

yeah except it's not a thread for yer crypto names folio but cash u put into actual cryptos heheeh

•••
More zeros than I can count
Lol

At least in this lifetime

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back