IT.COM

How should I take Care of this matter?? Please Help

Spaceship
Watch

SearchLightning.com

www.x10wholesale.comEstablished Member
Impact
Ok to make a long story short... I contacted a guy on ebay and offered to trade one of my domains for the script he was selling.... He accepted my offer and sent me what was supposed to be the script but instead sent me the script with bugs.... He demanded that I turn over the domain or he was going to sue me for using the script....(but I am not using it -- It dont work) Well about a week later he is no longer a registered user on ebay so I instantly thought he was a SCAMMER just trying to get this domain. So I contacted the company directly that made the script to confirm who he says he is and I was SHOCKED that the company did confirm that he is aloud to resell there script... The company also sent me the script again and from what I see looks like the real deal... So do I just transfer the domain over to him or should I have some form of paper drawed up stating the trade? and if so could you post a sample letter of what I could send him to protect myself from them stating I am not aloud to use this script since I can not prove i bought it.... Any thought on this matter would be helpful.... Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A simple letter from the script seller confirming that you are trading the domain name for the script should suffice. You can request that he fax or mail you a signed letter stating this.

Myself, if I already had the script I would just send the domain. Your email conversations up to this point are probably fine to show that you have a legitimate license to use it, since once you push the domain to him that will be proof that you delivered as agreed. Do you have a reason to expect they'll claim you never bought the script?

•••
No reason to expect they would say that I just though it would be in my best interest.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back