Dynadot

.io I just paid $15k for c r o c . i o and I'm thrilled!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Croc

DN.ioUpgraded Member
Impact
I was able to successfully purchase c r o c . i o this month after months of negotiations with an Afternic Broker for only $15k USD. I'm thrilled with my purchase and I honestly think I got it for a really good price considering Efty James' sale today of seel.io for quadruple the price.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think he bought it to resell so really not sure why folk here.talk about dream domain or being happy. happy is.what he will.be if he makes profit.. which imo will take many years...if ever

99perxent resellers here wouldn't even dream of paying close to 15k for this name

but if buyer thinks 600k.sale of seal has or can have or will have a thing to do with selling croc.. well.. then i rest my case heh
If it is, it doesn't really matter because it's for personal use.
seal.io sold for 60k not 600k

•••
A dream domain is different for everyone to be fair. Just cause I wouldn't have bought it for tuppence doesn't mean a lot... Necessarily.

Since I asked the question about whether the OP wants us to pass judgement and doesn't seem bothered by people's responses, no I don't believe it is worth that much to the average buyer.

It's not comparable to seal.io because seal is a word and croc is not. Seal is an animal and a croc is a nickname.... Or a type of footwear.

•••
If it is, it doesn't really matter because it's for personal use.
So you're an end-user showing off your purchase? That'd be cool!

If you bought it to resell it, you overpaid.

Congrats!

•••
Great deal, both you and the seller made out fairly.

•••
NamePros won't let me fucking have the username @croc even though it's been inactive for years...
That because that a well known seller and my friend.

•••
lol as if a broker is involved at $15 but decent name for price 4L io.

•••
A dream domain is different for everyone to be fair. Just cause I wouldn't have bought it for tuppence doesn't mean a lot... Necessarily.

Since I asked the question about whether the OP wants us to pass judgement and doesn't seem bothered by people's responses, no I don't believe it is worth that much to the average buyer.

It's not comparable to seal.io because seal is a word and croc is not. Seal is an animal and a croc is a nickname.... Or a type of footwear.

yea funny how OP says he bought it for personal use...then brings in seal sale

anyway like u say seal is different..which of course changes also nothing to fact that the seal sale just as.croc sale are both total steals for sellers and RIPoffs for buyers

if buyer reseller then particularly screwed.. else if.enduser
..well I guess if u got money to burn then u burn it however u wanna

Last edited:
•••

A croc is an animal too lmfao, its short for crocodile

•••
•••
•••
A croc is an animal too lmfao, its short for crocodile
ok, true enough. If I'm honest I thought it was crock 😂. It's a word which is nice. As I said I'm glad you're pleased with the purchase.

Last edited:
•••
Price of acquisition is relative for everyone, because the budget is different for each one. The reselling potential also is different from domain to domain.
This is true because I paid $25 for a domain and went for $5k easy. Every domain has the right buyer somewhere.
How is @croc a well-known account if it has ZERO posts or threads?
This is the @kroc im talking about.

Last edited:
•••
You paid $15k for a non-com?
Good luck, mate!

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Out of interest @Crock what is your intention with the domain name?

Cheers
Corey

•••
@Crock alcy said 600k and i saw where seal was bought low and sold high by Doron. I know your just using that for comparison.
Good thread 😀

•••
I saw this thread earlier and didn't say anything because I thought you overpaid, but now I see why you like this domain.

It looks really like typed in the url bar, $15k is a lot to pay for such a .io, but if it fits you perfectly then congrats! You're visitors won't criticize you! All they'll see is a nice domain!

"I just paid $15k for croc.io and I'm thrilled!"

•••
I personally would not pay $15K for a domain hoping for only a 2x-4x return, unless it was highly liquid like an LLL.com.

There are many other decent LLLL that sold for $XXX in .io lately...but best of luck with it.

As long as you are happy with it, it works.

Brad
This particular domain I was an end user for as it’s my online identity. This domain stops with me and will never ever go up for sale again.

•••
This particular domain I was an end user for as it’s my online identity. This domain stops with me and will never ever go up for sale again.
The "CO" is available for like $5k, low renewal. Then again, your happiness is what counts

•••
Is your ID "CROC" or "CROCK" ? Did you buh the right one ?

•••

what If one day u believe u are tiger..or donkey... not a crock no more.. maybe then u wanna sell no? I mean who to say u gonna wanna be croc for life.. so many animals u can be..

•••
I was able to successfully purchase croc.io this month after months of negotiations with an Afternic Broker for only $15k USD

Congrats! It's a perfect name for running a SAAS, product, or other service. Having the right name is extremely important for sales and buyer trust. If you are offering a quality product, a domain like this will act as a multiplier for your success. This has one and only one meaning and is a monster of a brand. Again, congrats on the great decision!

•••
I would of represented the country you're actually from and got the .us just my opinion.... Cheaper renewal... cctld where you're actually from... hell of a lot cheaper.

•••
Is your ID "CROC" or "CROCK" ? Did you buh the right one ?
My real last name is CROCKER, but croc is shorter and shorter is always more brandable and if desperate times call for desperate measures (unlikely) then "croc" would be easier to re-sell for at least 50% of what I paid because it's short for crocodile. Crock would only be short for Crock-pot which is a trademarked term. I don't like the nickname Crockpot, but I love the nickname Croc.

•••
I would of represented the country you're actually from and got the .us just my opinion.... Cheaper renewal... cctld where you're actually from... hell of a lot cheaper.
Surprised you replied. Thought you left the domain industry. You're just a coward because you ghost people.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back