NameSilo

.io I just paid $15k for c r o c . i o and I'm thrilled!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Croc

DN.ioUpgraded Member
Impact
I was able to successfully purchase c r o c . i o this month after months of negotiations with an Afternic Broker for only $15k USD. I'm thrilled with my purchase and I honestly think I got it for a really good price considering Efty James' sale today of seel.io for quadruple the price.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You overpaid by $14,900. It happens…

•••
•••
•••
Don't give two shits, it's not to re-sell lmfao

well everything in yer title and op suggests u think u got a great price
..so I think people just letting u know u didnt

that u love the name.. always wantd it..won't resell..are happy etc..now that's a different story.

•••
This particular domain I was an end user for as it’s my online identity. This domain stops with me and will never ever go up for sale again.
Urg, people are mean. So glad you got the domain you wanted and that you are happy!

•••
If it is, it doesn't really matter because it's for personal use.
Best of joy with your new purchase!

"light illuminates dark"

DC

•••
Everyone hating is clearly poor af. Let this man enjoy his domain lol..

Even if he spent a million, it's kinda his money not yours, so why so upset..

Jealous your domain didn't sell for $15k? Haha..

•••
•••
relax
u and him should both learn that if u come post on public space u will get reaction

if u don't wanna deal or handle reaction..well.. don't post it on forums hehe

let's sum it all up and move on now..

are we all happy he happy..yes

are we all saying he heavily overpaid
...yes

is.it his money to waste yes....

are we all
domainers here and thus it's natural for us to comment on domain values and prices.. yes..

that's it that's all...next.

Last edited:
•••
congrats!
one man's treasure is another man's trash. the opposite is true as well.
you should jubilate.io!

•••
It is fine as long as u r happy with it ..good luck

•••
Feel free to browse my domains.

•••
At the end of the day a name is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If $15K makes sense for you and you're happy about it, that's the end of that. Seller wins / buyer wins. But if we look at the name from an outside perspective, at most - it's a low $x,xxx name. Even that would be a hard sell. It's not a dictionary word, crocs brand will forever be attached to the name, and not everyone pronounces the "c" as a "k" which makes it a weird name internationally. So be happy if it makes sense for you, but I wouldn't expect the domaining community to back you on the valuation of this name.

•••
•••
Congratulations bro
You deserve the best

Last edited:
•••
Urg, people are mean. So glad you got the domain you wanted and that you are happy!

In fairness, this is a public forum and people are allowed to have thoughts and opinions.

There is a domain I have been trying to chase down for 2 decades now, a .COM that no one else on Earth might pay more than $1K for. I would pay $20K+ for it.

If I posted it here I would expect to get similar reactions. That just goes with the territory of posting on a public forum.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
There is a domain I have been trying to chase down for 2 decades now, a .COM that no one else on Earth might pay more than $1K for. I would pay $20K+ for it.

Brad
Boy would I love to know that one! Maybe I can help you with the chase. If you want help let me know!

•••
The domain is super hot🔥 just not for the $15k price tag.

"we don't tell end users our domains are not worth the 300x money returned, so being in a community with members feedback is important.

•••
The OP is happy with his domain purchase and so am I. He is an end user who contributes in prospering the domain industry. The fact that he purchased the domain considered by some to be somewhat high, is this not the dream of each and every domainer to get the highest price possible for his/her domain? The OP is thrilled and honestly thought he got a real bargain. I need end users like the OP who helps the domain sellers in achieving their dreams and aspirations. Thanks Crock.

•••
The OP is happy with his domain purchase and so am I. He is an end user who contributes in prospering the domain industry. The fact that he purchased the domain considered by some to be somewhat high, is this not the dream of each and every domainer to get the highest price possible for his/her domain? The OP is thrilled and honestly thought he got a real bargain. I need end users like the OP who helps the domain sellers in achieving their dreams and aspirations. Thanks Crock.

lol yes this is his dream domain and he is a dream buyer for 8384747 name pro members. that's the facts

but really now.. let's all be smart and honest..am i truly the only one here who sees it as fully obvious that the tonality of his title..then his posts... really seem to imply he thinks deeply he got a good price... I mean come on.. don't u see...

•••
What on earth is a crocio. I guess we'll have to wait and find out. Nice to know someone has fifteen grand to splash around on random domain names. Money could be better spent on software and bespoke code.

Last edited:
•••
First congrats
As I saw you bought it because it's belong to your name. Nickname or surname, so it's perfect
But a 15k$ for croc, why u saw it your dream domain at the dotio extension and what is your real plans for it.

My name is basil, and I paid 200$ for (basil.me), renewing it every year for 15$ bucks, still no any problem for me.

We are more domainers than developers and still we found ourself love some of our domain names very much.
I would pay 15k$+ for basil.com and I'm very happy, its my name, product, green, and can be used for many different ideas. And resell it too

the real meaning of Dream domain and to be honest you can find it at namepros.com in a title of a thread with hundreds of reposts

Ex. Of the members answers below:

Love.com, business.com sex.com design.com job.com Top.com travel.com x.com etc.

So a Dream domain: should be a very valuable domain name and 99.9% dotcom

in your situation with croc.io you can say I just finally got the domain I really want and I'm thrilled , it's can be a dream domain too, but for only u.

What I mean in (for only you), that if you paid the 15k$ in this domain, only to resell it, so I hope that your dream not go through a nightmares day by day.

in Domain trading even if you are with a very big budget plus you have the experience you need to think 100 times before you put a 15k$ in a non-dotcom domain.

*** Again I can be right, I can be wrong ***
So from the deep heart congrats to you 🎉🎊💐

Last edited:
•••
I find it a bit funny that everyone is posting on a valuation of the domain. He bought it for personal use not for flipping, as described in his comment. He is the end-user and domains are always worth whatever the end-user will pay. It's like getting your first name or your handle in a TLD you like.

•••
I find it a bit funny that everyone is posting on a valuation of the domain. He bought it for personal use not for flipping, as described in his comment. He is the end-user and domains are always worth whatever the end-user will pay. It's like getting your first name or your handle in a TLD you like.

u on wrong forum if u think people's first.instinct.here is not.to comment on domain values.

•••
When people say there are no decent .coms left I laugh, cause it takes imagination, persistence and plenty of investigative skills to come up with and track down the owner of a nice .com but it's worth it.
Also you could EASILY make up a completely new brand with dot com and every social media account. Probably take you only the morning portion of the day to brainstorm and the afternoon to reg, reg, reg. Brandable dot coms which have never been registered are there for the taking.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back