IT.COM

.io I just paid $15k for c r o c . i o and I'm thrilled!

Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Croc

DN.ioUpgraded Member
Impact
I was able to successfully purchase c r o c . i o this month after months of negotiations with an Afternic Broker for only $15k USD. I'm thrilled with my purchase and I honestly think I got it for a really good price considering Efty James' sale today of seel.io for quadruple the price.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was able to successfully purchase c r o c . i o this month after months of negotiations with an Afternic Broker for only $15k USD. I'm thrilled with my purchase and I honestly think I got it for a really good price considering Efty James' sale today of seel.io for quadruple the price.
It's TM, isn't it?

•••
I'm sure seller is 1000 times more thrilled than u.

reseller pricing for this name is low to mid 4fig

gl

•••
•••
Crock would have been better imo, but best of luck..

Last edited:
•••
I'm pleased that you feel you got a good deal. Do you wish for people to critique the sale price and the domain?

If you feel you got a good deal then you did. Congrats. I'm not being facetious, my belief is genuinely that the value of a domain purchase is in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited:
•••
Edit, remove the name and close the thread.
Some SmartA$$ will make bad comments and destroy your future sale.

•••
I got eery.io for 10 dollars glad we are both happy.

•••
Croc it's great name. Congratulations for your acquisition.

•••
•••
Congrats, that's what its about, everyone being happy about the deal (y)

Last edited:
•••
Glad you shared this acquisition with the NP community mate, I'm really proud of the path you are taking in your domaining journey.

You are happy, and that's all that matters!!!

•••
Congrats on your acquisition- I know what it's like to get the domain of your dreams!

You did share the what it cost you and it appears you are happy with it.. I am interested in knowing if you are open to opinions on this? Or is this just a "I am happy better be happy for me or else!!" thread? Just going by previous comments.

I am bringing this up because I for one was not willing to acquire the DN of my dreams "at all costs".. it took a good 5-year wait to catch it at something I felt was justifiable. Sometimes what we want so bad clouds our judgement is all..

•••
I am bringing this up because I for one was not willing to acquire the DN of my dreams "at all costs".. it took a good 5-year wait to catch it at something I felt was justifiable. Sometimes what we want so bad clouds our judgement is all..
Same. It's a big waiting game and takes a lot of persistence to grind someone down into selling it for the right price 😂

Either that or a lot of looking and considering options. You can still end up with a domain that's pretty much the one even if it wasn't your first choice.

I just bought a domain for a project of mine and it took a good 3 years to find someone to sell a decent name to me for a reasonable price (mid X,XXX) but the domain and price came together eventually. A .com, obviously, initially registered by the owner in the late 90s. When people say there are no decent .coms left I laugh, cause it takes imagination, persistence and plenty of investigative skills to come up with and track down the owner of a nice .com but it's worth it.

Last edited:
•••
Top tip, don't grovel. It makes sellers smell a rat.

•••
When people say there are no decent .coms left I laugh, cause it takes imagination, persistence and plenty of investigative skills to come up with and track down the owner of a nice .com but it's worth it.
100%

And even if it's not the dot-com a one-word like croc with an extension you're happy with does the job just fine, imo.

•••
crocodile-slow-moving.gif

•••
Congratz, I think you got a good deal. I would buy the domain between 20k and 30k.
Much success

•••
•••
I personally would not pay $15K for a domain hoping for only a 2x-4x return, unless it was highly liquid like an LLL.com.

There are many other decent LLLL that sold for $XXX in .io lately...but best of luck with it.

As long as you are happy with it, it works.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I think he bought it to resell so really not sure why folk here.talk about dream domain or being happy. happy is.what he will.be if he makes profit.. which imo will take many years...if ever

99perxent resellers here wouldn't even dream of paying close to 15k for this name

but if buyer thinks 600k.sale of seal has or can have or will have a thing to do with selling croc.. well.. then i rest my case heh

Last edited:
•••
I was able to successfully purchase croc.io this month after months of negotiations with an Afternic Broker for only $15k USD. I'm thrilled with my purchase and I honestly think I got it for a really good price considering Efty James' sale today of seel.io for quadruple the price.
:oops:
:tightlyclosedeyes:🤦‍♀️

•••
I think he bought it to resell so really not sure why folk here.talk about dream domain or being happy. happy is.what he will.be if he makes profit.. which imo will take many years...if ever

99perxent resellers here wouldn't even dream of paying close to 15k for this name

but if buyer thinks 600k.sale of seal has or can have or will have a thing to do with selling croc.. well.. then i rest my case heh
Price of acquisition is relative for everyone, because the budget is different for each one. The reselling potential also is different from domain to domain.

Last edited:
•••
Wow I really hope you are happy.

•••
Taken from Google:

crock of sh*t
noun VULGAR SLANG•NORTH AMERICAN
something considered to be complete nonsense.

This is what I think the domain is worth.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back