domain ICOs . cx

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal Grayson

Established Member
Impact
I recently saw on Wikipedia that .cx is being used more for cryptocurrencies or “customer experience”, so I registered ICOs under the extension. There aren’t too many sales reported as of yet. I’d appreciate any opinions on how to price this domain. Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Howsit! I did not know .cx even existed and I have been in the domain industry for over 6 years. If you have to explain to people what a domain name is and even what the extension is, you already have lost. I do not see any value here. If this was in .io it would be worth $20,000 USD and ico.com would be mid to high six figures. Good luck!

•••
Just for reference:
  • g.cx 8,376 USD 2017-02-14 Sedo
  • fun.cx 5,200 USD 2017-12-10 Sedo
  • p.cx 4,400 USD 2016-11-12 Sedo
  • xx.cx 3,450 USD 2010-11-03 Sedo
These are the four reported sales of .cx in Namebio since 2010.

•••
I would list it at Sedo, for $5K inline with fun.cx.

•••
I would list it at Sedo, for $5K inline with fun.cx.
Thanks @Darryl Lopes, I was thinking the same. Someone has icos in the .co extension for $100,000. While I realize it’s a more popular extension, I do think it’s slightly overpriced and can’t be used as a comparison.

•••
Here are some comparable "ico" related reported domain sales:
  • icos.io $3,550 USD
  • icos.org $3,122 USD
  • cryptoicos.com $8,255 USD
  • icos.net $2,799 USD
  • icoseek.com $2,000 USD
  • ico.io $12,000 USD
  • ico.net $1,700 USD
  • ico.mx $1,000 USD
Please note: These sales dates range from over the years, even before ICO (intial coin offering) was a accronym, so these are sold prices and not appraised prices.

•••
Here are some comparable "ico" related reported domain sales:
  • icos.io $3,550 USD
  • icos.org $3,122 USD
  • cryptoicos.com $8,255 USD
  • icos.net $2,799 USD
  • icoseek.com $2,000 USD
  • ico.io $12,000 USD
  • ico.net $1,700 USD
  • ico.mx $1,000 USD
Please note: These sales dates range from over the years, even before ICO (intial coin offering) was a accronym, so these are sold prices and not appraised prices.
Thank you. This is very helpful. If you don’t mind me asking, where did you find this info?

•••
Any more opinions before I close out?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back