Domain Empire

IDN domains registration....

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I want to register IDN domain witch eastern characters...

IDN is format:

xn--convertedtext-rub.com

Does anyone about a good registrar for that type of domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Re: IDN domains registration....

Originally posted by PROXUS
I want to register IDN domain witch eastern characters...

IDN is format:

xn--convertedtext-rub.com

Does anyone about a good registrar for that type of domains?

I would stay away from IDN domains. A question: what do you mean by that format?

•••
nothig ....I just wanned to show example ;)

What do you mean stay away? Is there something I should know? I noticed that less registrars offer IDNs these days than before.
Is there any reason why?

•••
I have a handful of IDN's I've gotten at Idotz.net,007Names.com,and Dotster.com.My experience with all three have been excellent.
I've sold a number of IDN's already,and all 3 places allow an easy push between accounts.
I think the reason not many registrars have them yet is because they're still relatively new.They're just starting to get exposure now with all the high-profile Sedo sales.I emailed GoDaddy and they said they plan on offering them sometime soon,which would be a huge boost in awareness.
I know alot of people don't like them,but most of those people speak only English and don't realize their phonetic importance.
Accented letters appear in common words and brand names of all kinds of things,and now for the first time they can be represented as they actually are with thier internet presence.There's also a sort of national pride element to it too,the accent kind of makes it thier own.
I've heard,and am beginning to believe,that the Chinese characters are where the biggest money will be made.
I've only got one,a single char domain 恒.com ,which means "permanent" or "strong".It's associated with Hong Kong's 2nd largest bank,so hopefully they'll come knocking one day
:)
Good luck with your IDN's, I think it might be naïve (umlaut noted!) to not pick up some good names,while there still are some.Eight bucks is a small investment,I've got Diseño.com and I've already quadrupled my Reg fee in Sedo clicks.
I'd be interested to hear if you snag any good ones!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back