NameSilo

.tv If you own product .TV domains - Read This.

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just saw this at Sedo...

Sedo's Online Retail Aution

The upcoming Online Retail Auction will include domains fulfilling the following criteria:

The domain relates to the online retail industry, e.g. Shopping.com, ebooks.com, etc.
The domain is relatively short, a real word or term and is easy to remember
It is a generic domain, e.g. dvds.com, creditcard.com or presents.com
The domain is easy to spell and not prone to typographical errors
The domain is product-related and therefore has a high commercial value
The domain doesn't violate any third party rights (e.g. trademark rights)
The ccTLD geographically matches the language of the domain name
The reserve price for the domain is reasonable

I don't have many product related .tv's maybe 10 or so but I have a bunch in other extensions. I did just submit 5 of my .TV product domains to this auction w/decent reserves but this thread is not so much for me as it is for the .TV extension itself, and of course you guys with the killer product .tv portfolios like RL, RPK, etc.

Good Luck to all, and if you get any info, denied or accepted,
please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Vito.

edit...

Just got an email from someone curious how to add one of his domains from Sedo into this retail Online Auction, so I figured he wasn't the only one curious how to, so I am answering in the thread here.

Click on "My domains"
Go all the way down to the bottom left hand corner, and you will see a dropdown menu.
It currently says "saved marked changes" w/ a big red "execute" button to the right of it.

Click on that drop down and you will see this...

sedodropdown.png

Select "apply for Online Retail Auction", and then there is only 1 or 2 steps left!

Good Luck to everyone,
Vito.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmm, good to know!
I didn't see this today. I think I will submit what I have and see what happens.

Thanks Vito!

Mike

•••
Hmm, good to know!
I didn't see this today. I think I will submit what I have and see what happens.

Thanks Vito!

Mike

Good Luck Mike.

I hope we get a bunch of .TV domains in this one...
I really want to see the .TV product domains do well badly because this one auction making a great .TV splash would definitely take away that annoying arguement of .TV and the necessity of each and every .TV domain being only video related...although I could always see a video on most products anyways...
Either way, good luck everyone.

Vito.

•••
edit...

added to O.P.

Last edited:
•••
submitted buys.. will let you know :gl:

•••
•••
Great post, thanks for the info!

Tried to rep you, but you know how it goes when you rep someone too much :)

•••
Can we submit product domain hacks for this?

•••
I submitted 5 and wanted to submit more, but your limited to 5 a day :)

•••
I've submitted some.

Has anybody elses domains been accepted?

•••
Just got an email that Desktops.tv and Shower.tv were rejected.

Not sure why since they had very low reserves. Have not heard anything on the other three yet.

•••
Can we submit product domain hacks for this?

It only takes 30 seconds to submit them, so what do you have to lose?
Good Luck.

Just got an email that Desktops.tv and Shower.tv were rejected.

Not sure why since they had very low reserves. Have not heard anything on the other three yet.

hmmm,

I cant believe that desktops was rejected.

I submitted 5 myself, and I just received an email rejecting these 3...

3dgame.tv
usb.tv
custommotorcycle

and I haven't reeived word on my other 2 yet either.
So, I went to the aution listings to see if my other 2 were accepted into auction. nope, not yet at least.

Here is that auction link.
Domain Search - Sedo.com

Seems like they only added 2 other domains today to their auction to a Grand whopping total of 3 so far..lol

Well, I guess my fingers are still crossed for my others.

Since they allow 5 to be submitted per day, I am gona try submitting 5 more before the end of the night.

Good Luck to you RPK, and anyone else submitting your domains.

Vito

•••
I submitted a couple last week that are still waiting to be accepted or rejected.......I suppose that not having been rejected yet could be a good sign but we will see.

•••
I got an email back from Sedo that 2 of my names were rejected, the others I haven't received an email back yet.

•••
I don't get it.

I just went to the listings and now I see 4 total.

abmachines.com
imails.com
originalware.de
preisvergleich...

Not really sure about any of these and dont feel like researching them either, but they don't appear to me as "Online Retail" domains???

Well, I just submitted 5 more, and still no word back on my other 2...

I will update this thread with any new results.

Thx,
Vito

•••
...there just might not be the shift in .tv domain names being accepted for their auction that you expect just yet. What we experienced as an earthquake might have been a rumble in other areas of interest...

Expect more positive results with the next revelation by Verisign, if Sedo doesn't know about it already...it is rare that anything happens before its schedule. Verisign and Sedo worked on this last campaign(along with the registrars) and there is more undoubtedly to come. In My Humble Opinion, of course!

•••
@Richard,

Desktops.tv is an excellent domain - especially for this specific auction.

@Vito,

Thanks for posting this.. gonna try a few names :)

RL

•••
Waiting to hear back from my product domains, but I did get 2 accepted for the premium auction, DM.tv and Arabic.tv. You guys might want to look at that one as well.

Thanks, Jim

•••
@Richard,

Desktops.tv is an excellent domain - especially for this specific auction.

@Vito,

Thanks for posting this.. gonna try a few names :)

RL

agreed 100%.
If Rihard's desktops wasn't accepted, I seriously doubt any of mine will be.
I am just trying some with lower reserves now.

and you're welcome, anytime RL.
You should be able to get a dozen or so in there.

Waiting to hear back from my product domains, but I did get 2 accepted for the premium auction, DM.tv and Arabic.tv. You guys might want to look at that one as well.

Thanks, Jim

Jim,

Congrats!
and thx for the info.

I will check into that one later tonight.

Vito.

•••
So far no .tv's in the auction inventory..

I don't think any of our product .tv's will be included, cause it's not their "preferred" extension...

Jeez!

•••
So far no .tv's in the auction inventory..

I don't think any of our product .tv's will be included, cause it's not their "preferred" extension...

Jeez!

I think that it's not true anymore that they don't like .tv
I remember about 1 year ago I was in a domain conference in Rome with the Sedo boss and he talked about .tv.
He didn't like the extension because of the high renewal fee on premium domains.
Now that situation has changed for goldrush/landrush domains I think they have nothing against .tv anymore and the .tv auction organizations proves it.

•••
I think that it's not true anymore that they don't like .tv
I remember about 1 year ago I was in a domain conference in Rome with the Sedo boss and he talked about .tv.
He didn't like the extension because of the high renewal fee on premium domains.
Now that situation has changed for goldrush/landrush domains I think they have nothing against .tv anymore and the .tv auction organizations proves it.

I'm not saying they don't like it.
If you click on the online retail auction link you will see this:

"Preferred TLDs are .com, .net, .co.uk, .de, .es, .fr, .org"

•••
All of my .tv names have been rejected that have been submitted to them, even with low reserves.

•••
All of my .tv's rejected too, with no reserve. But then ofcourse if desktop.tv was rejected I never really had a chance :( But I was hoping for kleid.tv and babykleidung.tv to get accepted - I felt those are hardcore retail related, but who knows...

Last edited:
•••
All the .tvs I submitted were rejected. I also sent in Tarpaulins.net and FieldCover.com, both rejected.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back