NameSilo

.tv If you own product .TV domains - Read This.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just saw this at Sedo...

Sedo's Online Retail Aution

The upcoming Online Retail Auction will include domains fulfilling the following criteria:

The domain relates to the online retail industry, e.g. Shopping.com, ebooks.com, etc.
The domain is relatively short, a real word or term and is easy to remember
It is a generic domain, e.g. dvds.com, creditcard.com or presents.com
The domain is easy to spell and not prone to typographical errors
The domain is product-related and therefore has a high commercial value
The domain doesn't violate any third party rights (e.g. trademark rights)
The ccTLD geographically matches the language of the domain name
The reserve price for the domain is reasonable

I don't have many product related .tv's maybe 10 or so but I have a bunch in other extensions. I did just submit 5 of my .TV product domains to this auction w/decent reserves but this thread is not so much for me as it is for the .TV extension itself, and of course you guys with the killer product .tv portfolios like RL, RPK, etc.

Good Luck to all, and if you get any info, denied or accepted,
please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Vito.

edit...

Just got an email from someone curious how to add one of his domains from Sedo into this retail Online Auction, so I figured he wasn't the only one curious how to, so I am answering in the thread here.

Click on "My domains"
Go all the way down to the bottom left hand corner, and you will see a dropdown menu.
It currently says "saved marked changes" w/ a big red "execute" button to the right of it.

Click on that drop down and you will see this...

sedodropdown.png

Select "apply for Online Retail Auction", and then there is only 1 or 2 steps left!

Good Luck to everyone,
Vito.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So far no .tv's in the auction inventory..

I don't think any of our product .tv's will be included, cause it's not their "preferred" extension...

Jeez!

Ouch, were all "product" .TV's rejected? :blink:

Best regards,
Jeff B-)

•••
Well,

We sure have come a long way in these past 2 months but I dont know what the hell Sedo is thinking here.

No .TV's as of yet, and they have turned down MANY much better domains than they currently have in their Online Auction line-up now.

Very weird since they should be the ones who know the value of .TV product Domains better than any of us...They are of course the auction house who has just sold a few Product .TV's, for some pretty big dollars...???

Vito

•••
They are of course the auction house who has just sold a few Product .TV's, for some pretty big dollars...???

Agree; has Sedo now soured on the ".TV" for some reason? :blink:
IYHO.

Jeff B-)

•••
Agree; has Sedo now soured on the ".TV" for some reason? :blink:
IYHO.

Jeff B-)

I can't see why they would sour on .TV at ALL considering they just got over $100,000 in brokerage fees from over 1 Million Dollars worth of .TV domain Sales within the past 2 months.

I'm bafffled.

•••
Mine are still in limbo.....Not rejected yet but also not accepted.

•••
Mine are still in limbo.....Not rejected yet but also not accepted.

So far I am 0 for 10...lol

God Luck Len.

•••
•••
Maybe Sedo's planning on coming up with another BIG .TV auction and wants to save up all the good names for that... ( I like to look at the glass as half FULL :) )

•••
Maybe Sedo's planning on coming up with another BIG .TV auction and wants to save up all the good names for that... ( I like to look at the glass as half FULL :) )

Ya know,

That makes perfect sense.
After the HUGE success of the last .TV Auction, there has to be plans for another .TV specific auction.

Good Point.

•••

As long as those handful+/- of Usual Suspect© .TV "buyers" are willing to participate, I could then see it being planned for providing another short-term boost ... with lots of advance forum BUZZ ... to the marketplace! :red: :imho:
As always, sans unique development, things will again return to status quo IMHO.

Just my two sense,
Jeff B-)

•••
As long as those handful+/- of Usual Suspect© .TV "buyers" are willing to participate, I could then see it being planned for providing another short-term boost ... with lots of advance forum BUZZ ... to the marketplace! :red: :imho:
As always, sans unique development, things will again return to status quo IMHO.

Just my two sense,
Jeff B-)

I can say by what is taking place ever since mid-March that I do not see that happening at all. The only thing constant is change(your unique and outdated opinions being the exception, of course).

I do, however, appreciate your feedback as a 20th century historical guide...
There are other .tv auctions going on and being planned that does not involve sedo and their legion of complacent suits.

remember...when you scratch a "niche", it only gets bigger!

•••
Just got this email:

Unfortunately, after a detailed assessment, the following domains have not qualified (the specific reason is indicated in parentheses after each domain):
- outlets.tv (Quality requirements not met)
- wholesale.tv (Quality requirements not met)

•••
Ya know,

That makes perfect sense.
After the HUGE success of the last .TV Auction, there has to be plans for another .TV specific auction.

Good Point.

...sorry, Vito.

I don't hang my hat and hopes on the ever complacent sedo parking lot. There are other auctions going on and I see sedo as a rather lazy auction house that sees themselves as doing the domainer a favor, instead of vice versa.

...and hiking their rates in hard economic times assures that a 60 dollar sale gives you 10 and them 50...they are too lazy for words. No, that's the right word...LAZY...!!!

•••
•••
Just got this email:

Unfortunately, after a detailed assessment, the following domains have not qualified (the specific reason is indicated in parentheses after each domain):

Well, yeah, wholesale.tv is obviously such a bad name I think you should just drop it immediately. And, uhhh, let me know when you are planning on doing that, heh.

•••
They passed up Wholesale.Tv for some of that other Crap???!!!
LOL
It is beyond frustrating now, and just downright comical.

and Freedom you're right about Sedo being lazy...
Why try harder when you are making money hand over fist and you really have no competition...
That would be ludicrous.

Sedo Sucks!

at least until the next .TV specific auction and they accept some of our .tv's...

•••
remember...when you scratch a "niche", it only gets bigger!

That, or quality (ie., niche ".TV") requirements not being met. :red:

Good Luck to those having been accepted, IMHO.
Jeff B-)

•••
Richard,

We all know Wholesale.tv is a great domain. Things happen for a reason.. maybe you should hold onto that one and develop it $$$

RL

•••
Richard,

We all know Wholesale.tv is a great domain. Things happen for a reason.. maybe you should hold onto that one and develop it $$$

RL

Thanks Roy, I am not too dissapointed as wholesale.tv is a 5 figure name IMO. Just found it weird to accept names that I would not pay $10 for in the .com and then turn down a name like wholesale.tv which fits their auction perfectly.

•••
Buys was rejected :bah:

Last edited:
•••
Buys was rejected :red:

All I can say is...

Join the Club, LOL

I have to telll ya, After all of these Killer Online Retail .TV's that have been turned down already,
If ANY .TV domain is ever accepted into this auction now, I will seriously be shocked.

Very Crazy.

•••
Just got this email:

I think Sedo sent you the wrong message RPK. This was the message for you

" after a detailed assessment, the following domains have not been included in the auction (the specific reason is indicated in parentheses after each domain):

- outlets.tv (Quality requirements far over exceed )
- wholesale.tv (Quality requirements far over exceed)

Presently we're looking for crappy domains that have no relation to retail whatsoever. Thank you anyway "

IMHO :snaphappy::talk: :lol:

•••
presently we're looking for crappy domains that have no relation to retail whatsoever. Thank you anyway "

lmao!

•••
I got rejected on every product name I submitted. Whoever is making there decisions over at Sedo needs to get a "f#$cking clue.

•••
Presently we're looking for crappy domains that have no relation to retail whatsoever. Thank you anyway "

IMHO :snaphappy::talk: :lol:

:bingo::laugh:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back