NameSilo

.tv If you own product .TV domains - Read This.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just saw this at Sedo...

Sedo's Online Retail Aution

The upcoming Online Retail Auction will include domains fulfilling the following criteria:

The domain relates to the online retail industry, e.g. Shopping.com, ebooks.com, etc.
The domain is relatively short, a real word or term and is easy to remember
It is a generic domain, e.g. dvds.com, creditcard.com or presents.com
The domain is easy to spell and not prone to typographical errors
The domain is product-related and therefore has a high commercial value
The domain doesn't violate any third party rights (e.g. trademark rights)
The ccTLD geographically matches the language of the domain name
The reserve price for the domain is reasonable

I don't have many product related .tv's maybe 10 or so but I have a bunch in other extensions. I did just submit 5 of my .TV product domains to this auction w/decent reserves but this thread is not so much for me as it is for the .TV extension itself, and of course you guys with the killer product .tv portfolios like RL, RPK, etc.

Good Luck to all, and if you get any info, denied or accepted,
please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Vito.

edit...

Just got an email from someone curious how to add one of his domains from Sedo into this retail Online Auction, so I figured he wasn't the only one curious how to, so I am answering in the thread here.

Click on "My domains"
Go all the way down to the bottom left hand corner, and you will see a dropdown menu.
It currently says "saved marked changes" w/ a big red "execute" button to the right of it.

Click on that drop down and you will see this...

sedodropdown.png

Select "apply for Online Retail Auction", and then there is only 1 or 2 steps left!

Good Luck to everyone,
Vito.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Make that 6 in the auction. My advertisement.tv was confirmed in today.

•••
Make that 6 in the auction. My advertisement.tv was confirmed in today.

Awesome.
Congrats Virtuali!

That is the perfect fit for "Online Retail"!

Good Luck.
Vito

•••
Now five .tv domains accepted into the auction.

LOL, Sedo's got a bunch of idiots working over there. In that list there's 2 names that are a joke to have made it in, while other better names are being rejected :rolleyes:

I do admit the other 3 names are awesome though!

•••
•••
LOL, Sedo's got a bunch of idiots working over there.

ha. I got a mail yesterday to say Retail.TV had been rejected because of reserve price ($1.5k) Imagine my surprise when I clicked on Len's link and saw the name there! :wave:

•••
Great name and good luck.

Awesome.
Congrats Virtuali!

That is the perfect fit for "Online Retail"!

Good Luck.
Vito

Tks Guys.

Also.. If you guys have a spare moment in the next week or so I would like to give you a login to beta test beer.tv with me if possible...

The site has been alot of work, and I would like to gain your guys feedback positive and negative before launch.

Tks.

Last edited:
•••
ha. I got a mail yesterday to say Retail.TV had been rejected because of reserve price ($1.5k) Imagine my surprise when I clicked on Len's link and saw the name there! :wave:

LOL, they send you an email that it's rejected but put it in the auction? LOL.

Awesome name! It would be stupid for them not to accept it, especially since it's caller a "Retail" auction.

•••
Six .tv's confirmed so far are:

Advertisement.tv
Digitalcamera.tv
Retail.tv
Televisiononline.tv
Ticketsales.tv
Wear.tv

•••
Another added to the auction:

Advertisement.tv
Digitalcamera.tv
Ecommerce.tv
Retail.tv
Televisiononline.tv
Ticketsales.tv
Wear.tv

•••
Another added to the auction:

Advertisement.tv
Digitalcamera.tv
Ecommerce.tv
Retail.tv
Televisiononline.tv
Ticketsales.tv
Wear.tv

They have a trained albino ferret who pushes buttons that either accept or deny based on colors that correspond to letters in each domain name, for example red = R, each color is displayed on a monitor at the ferrets miniature desk which is in the same room as sedo CEO Tim Schumacher located somewhere in the basement. Retail.tv shows 6 colors, if the combination of colors makes the Ferret feel happy he clicks accept, if not he craps on Tim's desk and he clicks no.

I did not get any accepted, not for lack of trying. I subnitted good.coms and .tv's, no go!

Last edited:
•••
Good luck to all those whose .tv's got accepted!

•••
ECommerce is mine.
I hope it will do well...

•••
I got 6 in the retail auction:

Photographs.tv
Photograph.tv
CardGames.tv
Socks.tv
Rugs.tv
Bed.tv

See what happens?

•••
So globally it's 14 .tv domains.
Great!!!!

•••
Wow, 14!

This is what I was hoping for when I created this thread.
Looks like a great .TV presence here in this Sedo Retail Auction!

Good Luck everyone.

•••
I got 6 in the retail auction:

Photographs.tv
Photograph.tv
CardGames.tv
Socks.tv
Rugs.tv
Bed.tv

See what happens?

Jim,

You must of set the reserve prices quite low for these domains to get accepted, no?
6 domains is a great achievement and you're surely playing now the numbers game, so hopefully atleast one will get sold.

•••
When does the auction start and is their a link to all of the names and a link to just the .tv names in the auction? Still can't belive so many of mine have been turned down lol

•••
BTW, for everyone that says .tv is a "vanity" extension please notice that there are:
ZERO .me domains
ZERO .ws domains
ZERO .cc domains
14 .tv domains
I think this is self explanatory.

•••
BTW, for everyone that says .tv is a "vanity" extension please notice that there are:
ZERO .me domains
ZERO .ws domains
ZERO .cc domains
14 .tv domains
I think this is self explanatory.

and let me add to that...

ZERO .mobi domains
ONE .org domain
TWO .biz domains
FIVE .info domains

and 14 .tv domains...

Can't wait to see the Final results.

•••
Jim,

You must of set the reserve prices quite low for these domains to get accepted, no?
6 domains is a great achievement and you're surely playing now the numbers game, so hopefully atleast one will get sold.

Reserves are $1,000. Let's see what happens?

Thanks, JIm

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

I have talked to some Sedo brokers and they see the huge potential of .tv. They are getting it:) It's about time, but very good. Kiss all the other BS extensions goodbuy, mobi, biz, info, .me, etc?

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

When does the auction start and is their a link to all of the names and a link to just the .tv names in the auction? Still can't belive so many of mine have been turned down lol

Actually, I sumbitted about 50 and got 6 in, but had to lower the reserves just to get them in. I might end of losing on a couple of them on a ROI so who knows.

Thanks, Jim

•••
Lol, I had reserves of sixty bucks on mine, and not a one looked at. Good job getting all of those in!

•••
Just got this email :)

Thank you for choosing the 'Online Retail Auction' to sell your domains.

We are pleased to inform you that the following domains have qualified for the auction listing:
- appliances.tv (Reserve Price: 200 USD)

Unfortunately, after a detailed assessment, the following domains have not qualified (the specific reason is indicated in parentheses after each domain):
- closeouts.tv (Quality requirements not met)
- etailers.tv (Quality requirements not met)
- medications.tv (Quality requirements not met)
- treadmills.tv (Quality requirements not met)

•••
I think Appliances is the best fit for the auction. $200 is extremely reasonable.. the affiliate options are good if you are pretty nifty with garnering model targetted searches.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back