iMODO.com!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the iMODO.com thread!
Please feel free to share your experience and/or opinions. :tu:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if i just have a ten domain...can i park at imodo.com....?

•••
What am I doing wrong?

I'm getting almost no revenue from my premium pages. The attachment shows the month-to-date for my top 10 UK domains on iModo.

They have been with 1plus & later iModo for several months and as you can see from the attachment in one case is receiving 6920 uniques with zero revenue.

They are all set to have "Break room" as the home page and the keyword for each domain is taken directly from the name.

Can anyone with bit of experience with configuring premium templates on iModo give any advice on what I am doing wrong please?

Thanks

Bruce

•••
nothing really wrong I guess... I got names that shows 4000 uniques ad ay with a couple of clicks. Parking the same name elsewere the domain had around 100 120 a day with 2-3 clciks as well. I am not sure how Immodo counts the uniques, but I guess something is not filtered so that it counts all the uniques. Clicks are filtered though, cause I have some domains with sudden spikes in clicks (according to one of the 2 stats of the domain) that doesnt show in the final figures...). Imodo is not out of beta yet, so take the numbers with a pinch of salt....
Anyway the visitor s count was something I always wanted to ask to the Imodo team :)

•••
thetruman said:
I am not sure how Immodo counts the uniques, but I guess something is not filtered so that it counts all the uniques. ....
Anyway the visitor s count was something I always wanted to ask to the Imodo team :)

Thanks.

I so wish they'd let us put Google Analytics on the new templates. Then I could get the real numbers & not have to depend on their "pinch of salt" analysis.

•••
Kiore - I'm in the UK, - on your budget footwear page I see pics. of trainers with prices in dollars (presumably NZ dollars). At the top of the page I get ads. for budget car hire and right down at the bottom of the page ads. for UK footwear outlets. It would be better IMHO if the footwear ads. were visible at the top of the page - I don't know if it is possible to change the positions of the ads.

Does anyone know if Imodo accepts .in domains ?

Last edited:
•••
I think that accepts .in I have some parked ... check italians.in :hehe:

•••
Thanks Truman - your site looks good, with some nice photos did you put them up yourself or is it done automatically ? Does it get many visitors ?

•••
all automatical, is the beauty of Imodo.. not that many visitors though, but I have the domain for personal reasons being italian ;)

•••
Hi Advaita,

Thanks for taking the time to look and report back.
advaita said:
I'm in the UK, - on your budget footwear page I see pics. of trainers with prices in dollars (presumably NZ dollars).
I'm stunned. When I see ads on these pages in $ I'm not worried because I just assumed that some kind of geotargetting is in effect, but these are .co.uk domains & you are in the UK so I would expect you to see UK ads in your own currency. Can someone from iModo explain this?

At the top of the page I get ads. for budget car hire and right down at the bottom of the page ads. for UK footwear outlets. It would be better IMHO if the footwear ads. were visible at the top of the page - I don't know if it is possible to change the positions of the ads.

This is doubly weird. I've got the domain set to show the "break room" template so it shouldn't be showing the shopping template as the entry page. When I call it up I do see footwear ads starting from the top.

The domain keyword was "budget footwear", and I've just changed it to footwear it will be interesting to see if that makes a difference to the ads shown.

Bruce

•••
The shopping feed currently uses USD, so that is what displays Worldwide. I know it is not ideal.

The new shopping template has better support for local currencies. For example http://mobilephonz.co.uk/ is the one being tested. We should have this feed available for use by the end of the month.

•••
-RJ- said:
The shopping feed currently uses USD, so that is what displays Worldwide. I know it is not ideal.

Which makes it even more important that when a UK domain is set up to show the break room as its start page that it does actually show the break room.

•••
Kiore - removing the 'budget' keyword seems to have got rid of the car hire ads. I now see shoe ads. but I still see the home page when I go there - if I want to see the breakroom I need to click on it.

The whole site looks a lot more interesting than parked pages it's a pity about the revenue, as I would have expected revenue to be quite high given the look of the site.

•••
I just found the answer to the mysterious shopping page.

I had a profile associated with the domain & I expected the domain's settings to override the profile. It turns out that it's the other way round & the profile overrides the individual domain's settings.

:td: :'(

•••
What is Going On??

What is the deal with this error message when I try to go to any of my domains at iMoDo?

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this page.

You accessed the bad robot booby-trap file /bot-trap/index.php. This file is hidden from normal users, and /robots.txt told you not to go there if you're a robot. If you are a human reading this, it is possible that the former owner of your IP address was using your IP to run a badly behaved robot.

To unban your IP address, enter the word "unban" in the form box below and hit enter.

This seems to have started today, but I can not be sure. Are ALL my visitors now seeing this? This seems to be a bug in the "Bot Detection" logic. I certainly did not access the "bot-trap" page. I just went to the home page (main URL)!

Is anyone else seeing this also?

This has GOT to have a very serious negative impact on visitors and potentila clicks and revenue.

Someone at iMoDo, PLEASE HELP!

•••
•••
•••
I get your streamic page.
Orange template with Data Recovery and HDD backup ads.

•••
might as well just upload drupal... and get an account with adbrite...

•••
I just tried two of my sites (One Premium, one Legacy) and they both are OK.

•••
some of my domains parked with Imodo have now disappeared out of google's index.

•••
Ok, I'm making a MASS move to iMODO today...I'm curious to see whether revenue has significantly increased :)

•••
iMoDo Performance Results

SDX said:
Ok, I'm making a MASS move to iMODO today...I'm curious to see whether revenue has significantly increased :)
SDX,

I hope you will report back to us what results you experience. How many domains in this "MASS move"?

At one point I had 50+ domains at iMoDo for several months. Most made $.00, some made $.xx (cents), and only 1 made $xx.xx since Jan. 1st. I now have only 2 domains at iMoDo.

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
SDX,

I hope you will report back to us what results you experience. How many domains in this "MASS move"?

At one point I had 50+ domains at iMoDo for several months. Most made $.00, some made $.xx (cents), and only 1 made $xx.xx since Jan. 1st. I now have only 2 domains at iMoDo.

Yeah, right on. And what say we extend the survey that little bit further Joe. What were your 50+ / $0 earning domains at iMODO, where are they now, how much more do they now earn and what was the factor that made them increase??

This way we all get to learn..

•••
The iMODO concept is really good. It really keeps visitors more than usual on the site. But whether it increases the revenue depends on how and what algo the admin has used and what sites are actually sponsored. If not sponsored or not featuring in some search engines then it may not generate that much of revenue.

•••
Well, the iMoDo.com site and my parked sites at iMoDo seem to be down right now at 22:29 MDT from Colorado USA. I don't know how long it has been like this. I get no response at either iMoDo or my parked sites.

Anyone else experiencing this?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back