IT.COM

poll In case you were not aware...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Will you consider registering emoji-based domains?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    4.2%
  • No

votes
    59.7%
  • Maybe

votes
    11.1%
  • No idea, let's see them trending first

votes
    5.6%
  • This is silly

votes
    16.7%
  • You are so gay! I won't even talk to you!

votes
    2.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

s.g

Okay, you've cracked it. There is more to us...Restricted (Market)
Impact
What? 😲

Emoji symbols can now be used for domain registrations! They get converted to xn (idn-like) format.

We just found out about this ourselves and, of course, we immediately registered 🏳️‍🌈.com and other selected extensions.

Good luck with your registrations. Whether you'll be bothered or not, please let us know through our mega brief poll.

Enjoy your day!

Your s.g Team

Edited by moderator to remove unnecessary www. and linking to external URL.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
06c4f4da3376d140c1a2ca7b617e1332.png

•••
Until things get sorted/propagated, you can also use www.xn1ugy405pdua.com

Sorry to break it to you but xn1ugy405pdua.com is just a random gibberish domain, idn version of the rainbow flag is xn--1ugy405pdua and it cannot be registered in .com or most of the other extensions.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Yep, sounds like a plan. We bought 128 domains today (so far) but this borrowed one looks nicer than, e.g. www.day.center (around 4/10 on our scale).

If you are even remotely serious that you bought 128 domains today then you best stop now.

In todays climate each domain must be carefully considered before purchasing.
That volume would indicate you hand registered a bunch of domains.

Chances of a return on that sit at around 1%
If I shop I can still make more interest keeping my money in the bank.

Time to get serious and not think domaining is a joke because I can assure you it is no joke when it comes to renewal time and you have a thousand names to renew.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
.ws is totally allowed. Type 🦢.ws in your browser & you will go to my dan page.

•••
:angelic: he looks pretty smuggish but i can offer smuggish.com

•••
Can i steal this? :ROFL:
You know thats what Rick called everyone's domains about a decade ago? Excluding his own of course.

•••
I bought 3 long ago just for fun:

🦢.ws
🦘.ws
🇶🇦.ws

Last time I checked emoji .com where not allowed. Are there updates to that?

I think 1 symbol 'single emoji' .com will have a future, once everything goes back to normal of course.

Amr

•••
•••
where did you reg it? cant at epik.com

•••
No, we don't mean .ws

@pb check the website again. There is a message there for you... :)

•••
•••
•••
Sorry to break it to you but xn1ugy405pdua.com is just a random gibberish domain, idn version of the rainbow flag is xn--1ugy405pdua and it cannot be registered in .com or most of the other extensions.
In that case we've just been scammed and this thread will get automatically deleted.

Darn, such a dream!

•••
I bought 3 long ago just for fun:

🦢.ws
🦘.ws
🇶🇦.ws

Last time I checked emoji .com where not allowed. Are there updates to that?

I think 1 symbol 'single emoji' .com will have a future, once everything goes back to normal of course.

Amr
But @pb says .ws don't allow them, just like .com ... now we are truly confused.

•••
But @pb says .ws don't allow them, just like .com ... now we are truly confused.

it’s not allowed .com for sure.

ICANN re geezers “security” thread or some bs

Last edited:
•••

.ws allows emojis but only the short ones I think.
The rainbow flag is marked invalid when you check it in .ws

•••
I agree. @s.g Read the 3rd paragraph here.
I would ask refund.
That's a very informative site. It is emoji news, after all. Thanks to your/their input, though.

•••
Add the option: "Probably not, after viewing this thread" to the poll, and I'll vote.
We tried (just for fun), but it cannot be edited. It seems polls are not popular here. They are not popular anywhere since the 90s but at least we gave it a try.

•••
Are people offering us domains even here now? You stick veggies in a blender, a domain! When opening the toilet, two domains are desperately holding on to the refreshing stamp. While walking along a "beach" in Spitsbergen, a bunch of domains swim toward you.

This domain came all the way here!

Smuggish is not smug enough for us anyway. (With all seriousness -- it's not going to cut it. Sorry.)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back