IT.COM

Incorporate

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dawg

Dust TexasEstablished Member
Impact
Hey guy's,

I am looking to Incorporate my business. I am not only a online business but I also have my own business for my real job.

A couple of years ago I came up with a name called ValCoTech But, I have never realy used it as a business name. I guess I just dont like it is the truth.

I am not good at coming up with names. I am wondering if any of you may have a suggestion for a business name that will stick with me and I can Incorporate it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
dawg, I'd be glad to help. Let me ask a few questions that could help in churning some ideas.

What industry is your company focused in?

What kind of company names do you like? Going for a professional/corporate type image (IBM), or something more laid back (Yahoo!)? Do you like single word, brandable type names (Overture)?

Any keywords that you would like it to contain?

Would you require owning the .COM for the company name, or are you flexible in considering alternate domain names for your corporate site?

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
dawg, I'd be glad to help. Let me ask a few questions that could help in churning some ideas.

What industry is your company focused in?

What kind of company names do you like? Going for a professional/corporate type image (IBM), or something more laid back (Yahoo!)? Do you like single word, brandable type names (Overture)?

Any keywords that you would like it to contain?

Would you require owning the .COM for the company name, or are you flexible in considering alternate domain names for your corporate site?

Thanks for moving the thread RJ, knew i made a mistake when i hit post.

My business is focused on networking first. I travel for my job and provide network support to different school districts.

I would like a professional name such as IBM. I am a serious company and would like my name to reflect that.

As you know I also own a couple of online businesses which I allready have names for. so that is a consideration.

As far as the .com. That is not neccesary. I could live with a .net or .biz. My main goal is just to have a great name. One word would be nice. Even if it is made up.

•••
You're incorporating in Texas I assume, so it will need to be a name that is not confusing with any other corporation in your state. Search that here:

http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/Index.html

Also is a good idea to search business name ideas with the US trademark office to see who might have a claim on the term, and Google search to see who you might be sharing a name with. It is okay to have the same name as another company if you serve different industries or markets, but it's good to know who your namesakes might be.

I'll kick around a few ideas for corporate names, and of course you can give me some feedback to see if I'm going in the right direction.

Vision Networks

Connectiva Inc.

Digital West

Do any of those sound like something you would adopt? My first inclination was to consider 'Networks' names to tie together your business. That term is meaningful in both the networking and web business sectors. 'Digital' and 'Connect' may also be good words to play with.

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
You're incorporating in Texas I assume, so it will need to be a name that is not confusing with any other corporation in your state. Search that here:

http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/Index.html

Also is a good idea to search business name ideas with the US trademark office to see who might have a claim on the term, and Google search to see who you might be sharing a name with. It is okay to have the same name as another company if you serve different industries or markets, but it's good to know who your namesakes might be.

I'll kick around a few ideas for corporate names, and of course you can give me some feedback to see if I'm going in the right direction.

Vision Networks

Connectiva Inc.

Digital West

Do any of those sound like something you would adopt? My first inclination was to consider 'Networks' names to tie together your business. That term is meaningful in both the networking and web business sectors. 'Digital' and 'Connect' may also be good words to play with.

Thank you for the time you have spent on this RJ. I love the names you have come up with already. Any of those would be suitable.

You are on the right track with "WEST" Maybe a short word in front?

•••
No problem, glad I could help with your brainstorming. Maybe some other members could have suggestions of words that sound well with "WEST"? I'm coming up blank at the moment.

•••
How about something like

NetWest - it's a strange one - kinda quirky but also professional

•••
Keep in mind that you may eventually want to cover more markets and usually you'd want to incorporate that into the plan.
"this site is powered by "companyname"" just an idea.
So for example if your major business name was "JewelryPalace" and you eventually started a hosting website or a adult entertainment business. The "JewelryPalace" name on your forms and customer credit card statements would not make sense and could cause some complications.

Also accepting payments for multiple sites. Unless you want to incorporate in mulitiple names and multiple checking accounts and multiple IRS forms. It can get a little more complicated.

•••
Originally posted by identity_00
Keep in mind that you may eventually want to cover more markets and usually you'd want to incorporate that into the plan.
"this site is powered by "companyname"" just an idea.
So for example if your major business name was "JewelryPalace" and you eventually started a hosting website or a adult entertainment business. The "JewelryPalace" name on your forms and customer credit card statements would not make sense and could cause some complications.

Also accepting payments for multiple sites. Unless you want to incorporate in mulitiple names and multiple checking accounts and multiple IRS forms. It can get a little more complicated.

Point well taken. This will take a while to sort out. But hey I think it will be worth it in the long run to do research and ask advise before just jumping into a name. I want it to be right.

•••
dawg.. hello.. fellow Texan..! I'm from Texas as well.

Are you seeking a .com domain which will also 'share' the corporate identification/filing? Same name?

Just curious.. I'll see what I can come up with for you!

•••
Originally posted by Wanda
dawg.. hello.. fellow Texan..! I'm from Texas as well.

Are you seeking a .com domain which will also 'share' the corporate identification/filing? Same name?

Just curious.. I'll see what I can come up with for you!

Well it would be a plus for sure. But my main business is local. I deal with clients face to face for a living.

But, I am trying like hell to make my online businesses make it. I know with patience I will.

Wanda, Nice to see another Texan here. We are the only cool people here LOL :gl: :laugh: D-:

Disclaimer: I am only kidding Guy's

•••
I've always like the word interact or interactive and since you deal with clients face to face, i thought i just suggest it to you :)

•••
TecWest.com / TechWest.com - :)

TecasWest.com - Silly, but basically 'c' is a replacement for 'x'.

A couple of years ago I came up with a name called ValCoTech But, I have never realy used it as a business name. I guess I just dont like it is the truth.

Go with ValCoTech! Be unique!

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back