Dynadot

Industry Specific Email accounts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello everybody,

I would like to know, do you think it would be viable to use a domain to allow people to set up "industry specific email" accounts. For example, if I owned the domain mobileservices.com (this is not my domain and this is just an example), would it be feasable to leasea limited number of email accounts to people in that industry. For example, create the account "your-name@mobile industries.com", so that people with different companies could use this address as an easy to remember contact address which also look good on their business cards. If this is at all possible, please could I have suggestions on how to go about it, and any software that might be useful.

Hppy holiays everyone :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think leasing it may prove difficult, I don't know too many people that would pay. If you provide it for free and place ads then that may be a better solution.

•••
I agree with Jeanco. What exactly did you mean by leasing? Also, I would think most company executives would have their own company emails... who would you be targeting with this service?

•••
Basically, I would be targeting smaller companies, with obscure names, who may want to be more easily detectable. But as you have said, I wonder how many people would pay for such a service. For example, if your company is called "Skalthway Travel Boat Tour providers" you may want to be contacted at " [email protected]" , and have this address on your card. The address may perhpas redirect email to your normal adress. In much the same way that some companies buy telephone numbers which are easy to remember.

•••
IMHO it could be a good idea, but you first have to build a Web site and everything; offering just the mail service wouldn't be enough! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back