Amit V

Established Member
Impact
Just registered 2 .ing domains

npc .ing
and depin .ing

Was wondering if anybody else also registered some .ing' s

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I finally gave in and purchased a few domain names. The premium prices were quite steep overall, even for the simpler ones. Bought a few that could be redirects. Small gamble, but it might pay off.

markit // (.)ing
excercis // (.)ing
crus //(.)ing
bok// (.)ing
txt// (.)ing

Last edited:
•••
Careerbuild //(.)ing
Onlinedat //(.)ing
Homerenovat //(.)ing

Done for now.:giggle:

•••
resolv.ing is not resolving

"You Had One Job!" 😂

•••
I got these:

Teethclean.ing
Lawnmow.ing
Windowclean.ing
Officeclean.ing
Fencebuild.ing
Pickpack.ing
Rubbishcollect.ing
Trashcollect.ing
Wastecollect.ing

•••
Not a fan of domain hacks, they're almost unusable for an user, in this extension I'd like to register something that still looks as a clean keyword without 'ing', another problem are insane renewal fees for nice words.
I've got only
outbound
penpal

•••
Not a fan of domain hacks, they're almost unusable for an user, in this extension I'd like to register something that still looks as a clean keyword without 'ing', another problem are insane renewal fees for nice words.
I've got only
outbound
penpal
The rebuttal is that without it being a word hack then .ing isn't useful. My thoughts are it should be a common phrase that someone would naturally google search including the ing

•••
I got few, do you think there's chance I can sell any of these?
techpioneer.ing
mindsetempower.ing
traveldiscover.ing
naturewonder.ing
financialfreedom.ing
leadershipdevelop.ing
financialinsight.ing
mindsetshift.ing
careerdevelop.ing
creativityspark.ing
innovativethink.ing
techinnovat.ing
creativityboost.ing
humantraffick.ing :ROFL:

•••
I preregistered quite a lot of .ing domains through Gandi and ended up with:
  • rsvp.ing
  • envelop.ing
  • learnprogramm.ing
  • vlogg.ing
  • creativewrit.ing
  • getmov.ing
  • paintball.ing
  • pcbuild.ing
  • screenshott.ing
  • trainspott.ing (I might use this domain for something instead of selling it)
  • videogam.ing
  • bungee.ing
The best .ing domains that I preregistered, including chatt.ing went to other people (someone in China paid ~£750 for chatt.ing) and I've definitely been left with the domains with lower resale value, unfortunately, but that was bound to happen from the beginning as an individual taking their first foray into domain investing that couldn't afford to preregister a load of domains right at the beginning of the Early Access Period (I preregistered most of them at the beginning of December). I'm optimistic that I'll be able to sell some of these domains for a pretty decent profit (in my view), even if I don't make as much from reselling .ing domains as I would've liked to.

I'd love to hear what you think about the .ing domains I've acquired. Which ones do you like?

•••
MyBook.ing
TopWedd.ing
ProGam.ing
GoldenR.ing
iLearn.ing
iBook.ing

Last edited:
•••
Onlinedat //(.)ing
This is missing the point.

The point is to have a term and its gerund. e.g. market.ing, yourbrand.ing, etc. "market" is a word and "marketing" is its gerund. "Your Brand" is a proper phrase, as is "Your Branding."

"Online dat" isn't the proper phrase "online date" is.

So imagine the advertising "visit online dat dot ing." It just doesn't work. It just sounds like Klingon.

Last edited:
•••
It's too late to edit, so I'll just summarize the point separately:

If letters are removed or added e.g. dive.ing and swimm.ing then it's a bad hack. The SLD (by itself) should be correctly spelled.

Of course, you can still combine words and get good hacks like quickread.ing.

That said, I'm staying away from this extension since it has premium listings and even an early-access period with inflated prices. So buying good domains seems like a risk since you don't necessarily know what the renewal fee is, and of course: all really good ones will have premium renewal fees:

1701931285918.png

•••
•••
•••

The point is to have a term and its gerund. e.g. market.ing, yourbrand.ing, etc. "market" is a word and "marketing" is its gerund. "Your Brand" is a proper phrase, as is "Your Branding."

So imagine the advertising "visit online dat dot ing." It just doesn't work. It just sounds like Klingon.
Agree with this..

•••
I just got one not comfortable with buying more of them - not sure about the sales prospects either!

SecureText.ing

•••
DigitalTwinn.ing
DigitalTwin.ing

•••

To each their own i guess. I could see this used as a redirect. "onlinedat.ing/signup","onlinedat.ing/app" etc. If this were posted on a a reputable site, think startup dating app or service, the average user wouldn't think twice to click it.

Looking at some of the .ING domains that were registered, there are many cases just like this. WORD+.ing that completes the word. For $12 I will take the gamble and sit on this for a year. Only time will tell.:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
I am astounded by the amount of people registering mispelled .ing words or even two word combos that have never even sold in the .com.

•••
I had a chance to reg (dark,ing) at 10.32$ after more minutes of other searches I have check again and it has become premium at 1345.50$, wondering who does this frontrunning, Spaceship or Google.
I not reg any of this because i better go hand reg some (.com) domain than waste money on wrong.ing.

Attachments

• dark.ing.JPG
    dark.ing.JPG
    595.3 KB · Views: 51
•••
I had a chance to reg (dark,ing) at 10.32$ after more minutes of other searches I have check again and it has become premium at 1345.50$, wondering who does this frontrunning, Spaceship or Google.
I not reg any of this because i better go hand reg some (.com) domain than waste money on wrong.ing.
You are right. I have experienced this too.
Bought lessen.ing quickly yesterday for 13 € before they changed its price.

Last edited:
•••
NetworkMonitor ///(.)ing

PropertyLeas ///(.)ing

CrossTrain ///(.)ing

Last edited:
•••
•••
I got the follow.ing domains:-

ebuy.ing
esell.ing
elend.ing
exim.ing
globalmarket.ing
worldmarket.ing

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back