NameSilo

Introducing Nintendo Wii: Did You Get Yours?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
TM's aside, Nintendo released the official name for the next generation Nintendo games console: Wii (as in "we").

"Introducing... Wii.
As in "we."

While the code-name Revolution expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer. Wii will break down that wall that seperates videogame players from everybody else. Wii will put people more in touch with their games... and each other. But you're probably asking: What does the name mean?

Wii sounds like "we," which emphasizes the console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.

Wii has a distinctive "ii" spelling that symbolizes both the unique controllers and the image of people playing it. And Wii, as a name and a console, brings something revolutionary to the world of videogames that sets it apart from the crowd.

So that's Wii. But now Nintendo needs you. Because it's really not about you or me. It's about Wii. And together, Wii will change everything."

Official Website

Wii Trailer

This little piggy went wii-wii-wii all the way home! ;)

Did you get your Wii today?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I didn't register any wiiwii domains.

•••
Almost 3000 views for this thread.. now 13m+ Google results for "nintendo wii".. awesome!

•••
Ok I just hoped on the wagon and reg'd...

NintWIIndo.com

Niiwii.com

Niwii.com

I think these are pretty good last minute reg's.

•••
I have some nices ones like aboutwii.net and modyourwii.com :)
Even though I don't like the name, I still think it will become pretty popular

•••
got a few from the beginning

I got WiiTech.com and WiiDeveloper.com

When I was searching I must have been really early because WiiWeb.com, WiiReview.com and several others were still available including many that I have seen on this board. I would have grabbed more if I knew they were going to be so popular. :(

I'll hold on to these two and see if I get any offers.

-Jason

•••
Still alot of good ones available if you look.. Wii is jumping at E3.. people are going crazy over it.

jerse21 said:
I got WiiTech.com and WiiDeveloper.com

When I was searching I must have been really early because WiiWeb.com, WiiReview.com and several others were still available including many that I have seen on this board. I would have grabbed more if I knew they were going to be so popular. :(

I'll hold on to these two and see if I get any offers.

-Jason

•••
The more the better for us, Just out of interest has anyone had a good offer for any of their wii names or have you slod for a good price?

•••
There have been many good sales out there. But I think too many domainers went out of their way to register the worst of the worst. Even extensions such as .biz and .ws.

Not sure if that can hurt the people with the good domains or help us.

•••
Another Nintendo reg'd name plus one more for me

Was reading some reports from E3 earlier today so I grabbed WIINUNCHAKU.COM.

Also noticed based on the reports from E3 that Nintendo grabbed the domain listed below.

Add some rep if you grab the following - wiiconnected.com -. Not sure if it needs two tts. (wiiconnect is taken) Thanks.

Domain name: WIICONNECT24.COM

Administrative Contact:
Melton, Scott [email protected]
4820 150th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
US

•••
^ I can't afford any more names right now! :hehe: But thanks for sharing the tip with us!

OK! I developed:

www.wiicolors.com

Not much on there but please take a gander if you want and vote for your fave Wii console color! :)

I had a heck of a time with the tables and stuff grrrrrrrr (still puzzled over the copyright placement...I wanted it CENTERED on the page!)

ps - thanks to dgridley for the name idea :gn:

•••
•••
WiiDevices.com - fresh reg. ;)

•••
Here are some wii names that are available currently....
I don't plan on getting into this wii thing, but wanted to see if I could come up with anything. If you like any, go reg 'em.....

wiimostwanted.com
wiifind.net
wiiproject.net
wiioffers.net
wiiinovation.com
wiispy.net
wiirelease.net
wiiwinner.net
wiiaddict.net
wiigameology.com
wiigaymer.com
wiigizmo.com
wiitower.com
wiiunderground.net
wiievaluation.com
wiienvironment.com
wiigamerz.net
wiigamesite.net
wiigameplay.net
wiicritique.com
wiicritic.com
wiihigh.com
trywii.net
wiiyi.com
wiifly.info
wiieye.com

;)

Last edited:
•••
•••
I was actually pretty late in this whole wii crazyness. But i did manage to registrer www.wiicomplete.com. Pretty good i think :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
The following are still available

wiileague.com (A skit on Ivyleague)
IloveWii.com
WiiLovesU.com
WiiLoveU.com
We4Wii.com
OurWii.com
WiiStars.com
WiiFuture.com
WiiNiis.com
Wiinies.com
WiiDelight.com
WiiGoodies.com
WiiThingies.com
WiiCreations.com...(Regged it myself)
WiiCreation.com...( Just decided to reg this one myself)
WiiMerchandise.com
WiiCraze.com
WiiVision.com
WiiaretheWorld.com

Last edited:
•••
I'm left with only 1 - WiiResources.com

•••
•••
I regg'd a bunch yesterday and was suprised to see some of them still available:

wiimp3.com
wiiwiin.com
wii-web.com
wiigolf.com
wiifish.com
wiifishing.com
wii-won.com
wiiact.com
wii-mail.com
wiiball.com
wii-2.com
wiimote.net
weremote.com
we-mote.com
wiirmote.com
wiistratagies.com
wiiwork.com
wiiwee.com
wewiin.com
wiierdo.com
wiierdos.com
wiicreators.com

Ouch, I have too much time on my hands... :'(

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back