NameSilo

Introducing Nintendo Wii: Did You Get Yours?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
TM's aside, Nintendo released the official name for the next generation Nintendo games console: Wii (as in "we").

"Introducing... Wii.
As in "we."

While the code-name Revolution expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer. Wii will break down that wall that seperates videogame players from everybody else. Wii will put people more in touch with their games... and each other. But you're probably asking: What does the name mean?

Wii sounds like "we," which emphasizes the console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.

Wii has a distinctive "ii" spelling that symbolizes both the unique controllers and the image of people playing it. And Wii, as a name and a console, brings something revolutionary to the world of videogames that sets it apart from the crowd.

So that's Wii. But now Nintendo needs you. Because it's really not about you or me. It's about Wii. And together, Wii will change everything."

Official Website

Wii Trailer

This little piggy went wii-wii-wii all the way home! ;)

Did you get your Wii today?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
central said:
demowii.com???

central

eeww... :(

A 90+ hour work week took it's toll. :alien:

It should read "demowii.com"

namenut

More "wii" news. Madden football announced.

"wiimadden.com" is listed on sedo.

I also need to update my list to ALSO include:

wiipc.com
wiibot.com
wiimob.com
wiitourney.com
wiidemo.net
demowii.com

namenut

Last edited:
•••
i was wondering if www.free-wii.co.uk would be worth anything?

i also got nintendowii.co.nr, nintendo-wii.co.nr, nintendo-wii.tk

•••
pottageb said:
i was wondering if www.free-wii.co.uk would be worth anything?

i also got nintendowii.co.nr, nintendo-wii.co.nr, nintendo-wii.tk

You may want to post this in the "appraisals" forum.

namenut

•••
Wii is really buzzin' all over ... big word-of-mouth on this odd name. Nintendo must be psyched.

•••
•••
Of course Nintendo's announcement had to come on the day I was finally upgrading to DSL, just while I was working to set it up :'(

Ehh, I just registered WiiCrazy.com...

•••
All right all right all right...I regged a couple... :p

wii-blogs.com
wii-chat.com

For sale cheap on Sedo! :hehe:

•••
Phenomenal response to this thread.. apparently a Wii bit of interest ;)

Thanks for all the comments!

•••
Egnited said:
Ehh, I just registered WiiCrazy.com...
I got wiimad.com, think our two names are the most accurate description of this situation at the moment!!

•••
Sure is taking a long time for sedo to verify those domains. Still in the red.

A wii bit annoying. :]

•••
Mine went thru pretty darn quick.. my wiionline.info is getting the most views, followed by wiigames.info and wiiconsole.info (just as I suspected).

Be nice to get some clicks or offers tho.. of course, the market is new and people are still hoping to score "the big one" for reg fee.

Kerrijo said:
Sure is taking a long time for sedo to verify those domains. Still in the red.

A wii bit annoying. :]

•••
wiicontroller.info
wiiwiki.org
and one more i'm not telling :p (I found out sneakily what Nintendo's Online Net Play's gonna be called and cashed in).

•••
Just spent about 1k on domains. If they change the name i'm gonna burn every game shop around me :p

•••
Can't blame you there.. hopefully you made some good buys.

Joseph said:
Just spent about 1k on domains. If they change the name i'm gonna burn every game shop around me :p

•••
Joseph said:

Hehe. I just sold 4 Wii domains for nearly $6,000. If they change the Wii name, the girl is going to burn the shop, the domains, and me. Hehe. :)

I do hope they change the name though, another great investment for me. :hehe:

•••
Well E3 is from the 9th to 12th of May. No sleep for 3 days :p

•••
Don't worry, Wii is here to stay.

•••
WiiHangout

Just regged WiiHangout.com

When is the release date for the Nintendo Wii?

•••
Which ones did you sell? And for what amounts individually? I am quite curious to see this since i myself have some similar names as you had but with .eu extension.

PM me if posting here isn't appropriate for you.

•••
I knew about this system long ago!... it's been on gadget shows for a while now. Maybe I should really watch out for these up and coming things.

Then again... who cares about things that Nintendo Bring out?... no one uses them anyway! hahaha

•••
Jiblob said:
I knew about this system long ago!... it's been on gadget shows for a while now. Maybe I should really watch out for these up and coming things.

Then again... who cares about things that Nintendo Bring out?... no one uses them anyway! hahaha

You musta been seeing the nintendo revolution.. they recently changed the name to the Wii on the 27th April.

•••
dgridley said:
Mine went thru pretty darn quick.. my wiionline.info is getting the most views, followed by wiigames.info and wiiconsole.info (just as I suspected).

Be nice to get some clicks or offers tho.. of course, the market is new and people are still hoping to score "the big one" for reg fee.

STILL red and I just regged wii-info.com and it went through!

Grrrrrrr

•••
Jiblob said:

The actual console itself will not have been on gadget shows since its not released - any discussions of it would have referred to it by its previous name: Revolution, unless you are confusing it with the Nintendo DS and its WiFi service

As for the last part... I'm sure Nintendo's accountant would disagree, as would the millions of Nintendo gamers past and present

•••
namenut said:
eeww... :(

More "wii" news. Madden football announced.

"wiimadden.com" is listed on sedo.

I wonder who will initiate WIPO action first, Nintendo or EA Sports?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back