IT.COM

.in Is China Invading LLLL.IN Domain Names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
12,000 .IN domain names were registered during the weekend. Chinese Premium equivalents of .IN domains are being hand registered in mass quantities. .IN is the ccTLD of India.

On Friday, there were about 35,000 domain names variations available. (LLLL.IN – No A, E, I, O, U or V) On Monday there were only about 23,000 domain names available.

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How many 4L.in chips are left?

•••
The source has link to the article where the available ones are listed. You may check it there.

•••
•••
Indeed, less than 20k LLLL.in chips are left (multiple sources did the scan).
Buyout expected in the next days.

•••
Where is the cheapest place to register .in in bulk?

•••
Where is the cheapest place to register .in in bulk?
Mitsu.in or Netlynx.in I suppose. Dynadot is good too: $4.99 the first year.

•••
These are getting demolished. 12 hours ago I checked ABBC and almost 500 were available. Now less than 200. Just registering some now. Will release list of domains I don't go for.

•••
I took a few WeChips with repeating letters for long term holding... Curious to see the prices in 6 months...

•••
Well ABBC have just gone. I was attempting to register about 200 and only ended up with 20. Someone is going hard at these.

•••
I took a few WeChips with repeating letters for long term holding... Curious to see the prices in 6 months...

Pretty wise move imo!!
I just scanned all possible 4L wechips (13^4) 28,561 and they are all taken!

•••
.in domains may have room to be manipulated, and pushed up. The Chinese like to play this game, here is the question, do they think Indians will pay top dollar to claim their extensions back from the Chinese?

We all get them every morning when we wake up, offers on top notch domains ranging from $10-$50, India keeps getting talked about as this giant internet economy, and my offer count is huge out of there, but their offer values have not increased. They offer like $500 on 5 figure domains, and they max out right about there. Sales, are few, and far between for the most part. Most short .in are up already, unless you have a clear exit strategy you could potentially get burned in this space.

•••
No doubt. The whole Chinese market is completely unpredictable. You can either stick to end user .COM sales or dip in to all markets and try your luck. I like a bit of both.

There is obviously reasonable security in .COM but short (3 - 5) letter and numeric domains in every other extension are really a shot in the dark. There's no real different between .CO, .CC, .IN or even .NET and .ORG in my opinion, it's guesswork as to what the Chinese market wants. All I know is the pattern of buyout to price increase in the past 12 months has been pretty consistent.

•••
I am from China, IN is india domain ,but there are no chinese end user will use this domains,the.in domain,they just invest ,one day,the indian customers have to buy from chinese . i have .in before,and drop it

•••
If you look up random 4L.in in whois history it shows Chinese been regging these since at least 2011 and letting them drop. Looks like they tried to buy them out maybe at one point but didnt get enough traction...?

BOCC.in is an example of one available now.

If you get into these be ready to participate in the buyout and dump them fast.

Yes, India is an emerging market but they are not known for paying much for domains and probably will be awhile before there is enough that have money and want to buy these at prices that allow you to carry many and make a nice profit.

3L stuff I would hang on to. 4L is a quick pump and dump scheme.

Just my opinion.

•••
•••
I have picked up phys[dot]in. It is a CHiP, no pattern but it is short for Physics. Quite happy with it myself.

Apart from that, no .in domains (yet)

•••
•••
jizhang.in
guhua.in
wangka.in
gaotie.in
hunqing.in
baodu.in
hanting.in
rujia.in
koukou.in
laolao.in
liaoliao.in
nainai.in
tangtang.in
xianxian.in
xuexue.in
xigua.in
hamigua.in
cuncun.in
jiajia.in
jiaojiao.in

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back