IT.COM

Is it worth adding Escrow.com to your site?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am considering adding escrow.com as a payment option on my site..
However, I'm concerned because the buyer may have to go through hell to just pay for the name...with all sorts of verification..

I haven't used them in a while so I'm looking to hear what you guys think?

Is it worth adding escrow.com as a checkout option?

I assume this thread will be added somewhere else because i have no clue how to find these other hidden sections

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Not a huge fan of escrow since they switched hands. I do think the more checkout options you can offer the buyer, the better.

•••
I like to know too.
Not a huge fan of escrow since they switched hands. I do think the more checkout options you can offer the buyer, the better.
What other checkout options can I add to my landing pages?

•••
I like to know too.
What other checkout options can I add to my landing pages?

I'm probably not the right person to answer as I've only ever used PayPal for directory sites, have yet to build out a portfolio website. There are many options, ssl with major credit cards, PayPal, moneybookers?, escrow, not sure if any major registrars or marketplaces have third party checkout options without having to use broker maybe something for godaddy to look into with their popularity.

•••
If you are aiming to sell directly and there is BIN option, then slating escrow an an option will do no harm. In fact, the more the payment gateways you have, the better.

For instance, on my marketplace I've listed Escrow, Paypal, Stripe and 2Checkout.
I'm working on implementing Bitcoin.

So I think you are on the right track.

Last edited:
•••
For instance, on my marketplace I've listed Escrow, Paypal, Stripe and 2Checkout.
I'm working on implementing Bitcoin.
Excellent. Do you have a landing page with such checkout options that I can take a look? Thanks.

•••
I believe adding Escrow.com adds credibility to your website from a visitors point of view.

•••
Excellent. Do you have a landing page with such checkout options that I can take a look? Thanks.
Check the link on my signature (below), and then click on any domain listed with BIN.

Last edited:
•••
I am a beginner: What are the options you offer? Then I can check them out. Thank you v-much in advance.

•••
I also would like to see those "checkout options" is you them. Thank you in advance.

•••
I am considering adding escrow.com as a payment option on my site..
However, I'm concerned because the buyer may have to go through hell to just pay for the name...with all sorts of verification..

I haven't used them in a while so I'm looking to hear what you guys think?

Is it worth adding escrow.com as a checkout option?

I assume this thread will be added somewhere else because i have no clue how to find these other hidden sections
I just finished a chat with escrow.com and I asked a lot of questions and she answered them all. E.g., I wanted to know that if I sold a name for $150 how much the escrow fee would be (many previously told me that escrow.com is too expensive for sales under $500). Her answer: $10 for basic escrow.com service on sale of $150. Unless I missed something, https://www.escrow.com/fee-calculator confirms this. And the url made me aware of other variables and possible costs for buyer and/or seller.

•••
I not recommend to use Escrow.com, after they are changed owners their service is one of the worst on market.

•••
If you want to ruin the reputation of your business, adding escrow to your site would be a sure way to accomplish that. Escrow.com employees exert a level of unprofessionalism that is unheard of in the US and the fact that they provide financial services is even crazier. They will process transactions that don't have issues but their employees are so dumb that they create problems out of thin air. It's unusual and I don't understand why their leader doesn't simply do an audit of their employees and company email records to discover how poorly the employees behave.

•••
I not recommend to use Escrow.com, after they are changed owners their service is one of the worst on market.

I agree, I recently had an experience where the employees of escrow.com didn't know how to do a wire transfer with the largest bank in the US. How could a company that does nothing but transferring money, not know how to do a wire transfer? And then make repeated failed attempts for 5 days in a row? That is the type of company we're dealing with. When you confront them and point out their incompetence, they simply delete the email and pretend they never received it.

•••
If you want to ruin the reputation of your business, adding escrow to your site would be a sure way to accomplish that. Escrow.com employees exert a level of unprofessionalism that is unheard of in the US and the fact that they provide financial services is even crazier. They will process transactions that don't have issues but their employees are so dumb that they create problems out of thin air. It's unusual and I don't understand why their leader doesn't simply do an audit of their employees and company email records to discover how poorly the employees behave.

Today, I received a an offer $50 USD via escrow.com and I decided to make a counteroffer of $8000 as usual. After I submitted the counteroffer. escrow.com showing that I had accepted the original $50 USD offer. :dead:How come it's possible. Now, I have to explained to the buyer what just happened and told him don't pay for it.:banghead:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back