domain JOULUN.COM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsmith91

Work Hard, Play Harder!Established Member
Impact
A quick search tells me this word means Christmas in Finnish. If so, I am very happy with my recent acquisition. Do we have anyone a from Finland that can confirm?

thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm from Finland and here christmas is joulu. If you say joulun with N in the end, it means that joulu owns something.

Example if I say Samin tietokone, in English it is Sami's computer.

Finnish is one of the world most hardest languages to learn.

•••
Thanks for clarification. There appears to be a only Christmas-related links associated with a "joulun" search in Google. It's also About 5,180,000 results (0.62 seconds) for "joulun".

So maybe it doesn't mean Christmas but is associated.

•••
I'm from Finland and here christmas is joulu. If you say joulun with N in the end, it means that joulu owns something.

Example if I say Samin tietokone, in English it is Sami's computer.

Finnish is one of the world most hardest languages to learn.

I think he has explained it very well,
Since this is what is means, it can still can used for a different purpose. i would also look at it and do more research to see how popular the word is.i can not say reg fee because it has high search results. i will recommend to do research and target your buyer..

•••
Thanks for clarification. There appears to be a only Christmas-related links associated with a "joulun" search in Google. It's also About 5,180,000 results (0.62 seconds) for "joulun".

So maybe it doesn't mean Christmas but is associated.

Yes, there are nice amount of results for Finnish domain name. But our language is so hard and I think that these businesses who sells christmas staff, I think they will use .fi extensions. If you would catch joulu.fi, that would be a real gem. Many Finnish businesses doesn't even aim to global markets (Don't know the reason). And in Finland we have a big Facebook group where you can advertise your business, look for job etc. I posted a post there about domaining and I think that I'm the only serious domain investor in Finland. Finnish people are extremely precise people, especially in making money at online or if you make your own online business. Hard to explain what I mean but I have to say that this domain appraisal value IMO is around 100$ or less.

•••
Thanks again for the insight Joulun.com! Another reason I love this forum. I've gotten insight on a domain that is not even in my native language.
I purchased off the drops, so at least I can aim for a nice flip.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back